Sign in to follow this  
Arthur42417

Will there be a P3D 4.6 or more Hotfixes this year?

what  about  4.5  that just came  out

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

8 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

what  about  4.5  that just came  out

i'm asking about future releases/updates not 4.5 

You are asking for lottery numbers here, nobody can tell you.

• Like 5

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Magic 8-Ball says "Ask again later".

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

I9 12900K @5.2Ghz  64 GB DDR4, RTX 4090, Win 11 Pro, 15 TB on 5 SSD's

All I can suggest is that you either go to the EXPO in Orlando June 7-9, or wait for the streams/videos of the EXPO, and see if LM has any hints to offer. For all we know they will have news on V5.

• Like 2

Is p3dv7 going to be released soon? I’m tired of these releases lower then 7...

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I7-8086K Delid OC Synced all cores 5.2  Corsair Hydro Series, H115i PRO ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC)  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 SLI CORSAIR HXi Series HX1200i 1200W G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB DDR4 3200 Windows 10 Pro 64

PMDG 737NGX

5 minutes ago, Shylock_35 said:

My uncles great great aunts daughters husbands cousin told him the next version is X 

after that they plan to release version 5 but only with the possibility to fly gliders in Austria With 200 fps limited..

true story

Edited by Sam
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Arthur42417 said:

any news?😊

Hopefully some news will come out during Flight Sim Expo in early June. I am of the opinion that they will continue to follow their release cadence that has been going on since 2013, which is a major release every two years (2013 v2, 2015 v3, 2017 v4). With that in mind, I would expect to see v5 in Q3 or Q4 of 2019. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

4 hours ago, Arthur42417 said:

any news?😊

Not news, but in one of the latest interviews Adam Breed said that "version 4 has a lot of life left in it". That feels like they are planning for more point releases than usual. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 4.8. Depends on their roadmap obviously, and how many resources are available.

Unless there is a planned major change in technology, or a problem that makes such a change necessary, the only other reason to go to V5 would be that it would generate a new income stream (since all who upgrade have to pay again).

Best regards 

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

LORBY-SI

2 hours ago, Shylock_35 said:

I'm looking forward to the release that's code-named 'spinal.tap'.

This release is better than the other ones. This one goes to 11.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

P3D version releases are on a approx 6-7 month upgrade cycle.  We could see 4.6 or 4.5 hf2 (they used 1 - maybe 2 will be there in few months...who knows...only the beta testers know)

I just hope we can get an awesome rendering engine which really use our video cards and more importantly - Force all Developers to install outside the sim root directory.  When I mean everything, I mean everything.  I hate files in scenery/world/ location or in effects.  It is all over the map - looking at you Flightbeam

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I would like the version that fixes Autogen, LOL

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I hope they do slow down with the P3D versions. It's not so much the program update but the aggravation of every subsequent addon that needs to be updated to work.

Half the time they break features of their own program.

• Like 4

Assuming that v5 is going to be a major update (yeah, I know what they say about assumptions), then I reckon that we will see a v4.6. Anyway, Lockheed Martin will be aware that I only purchased v4 at the end of last year, and I am sure that they will want me to get my money's worth out of it :wink:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png