Sign in to follow this  
dels

Configuration Menu

Good afternoon.

I've installed the QW146 add-on to FSX-SE and used the Add-Ons menu to 'Replace Guages With Reality XP GTN (auto-detect)'. The GPS works fine but I can't hold Shift and right-click to access the Configuration Panel.Left-clicking allows me to configure the window size, though. I would appreciate some help with this.

Del

1 hour ago, dels said:

Good afternoon.

I've installed the QW146 add-on to FSX-SE and used the Add-Ons menu to 'Replace Guages With Reality XP GTN (auto-detect)'. The GPS works fine but I can't hold Shift and right-click to access the Configuration Panel.Left-clicking allows me to configure the window size, though. I would appreciate some help with this.

Del

In some aircraft the aircraft's 'panel or bezel interferes. Use the pop up GTN and access the configuration from it using the same shift + right-click.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thanks for the quick reply. I am using a pop-up for the GTN but still no joy.

Del

@dels Hi, are you using the leftmost SHIFT key or the rightmost SHIFT key? Can you try with CTRL instead of SHIFT?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks for the reply. I've tried using both Shift and both Ctrl keys with no success (the menu works fine on other aircraft).

Del

When you're referring to the 'menu works fine' do you mean the RXP menu in the FSX-SE menu bar which opens the Panel Assistant?

SHIFT+RIGHT CLICK opens the Configuration Panel and this is not a menu.

Your first post mentions you've used this menu successfully on the aircraft, thus I don't understand what do you mean with the menu works fine on other aircraft??!

Please note: the location where you're successfully using SHIFT+LEFT CLICK to resize the popup window to 1:1 and 2:1 ratio is the same location where you'd use SHIFT+RIGHT CLICK. If this doesn't work this means there is an issue on your system and/or your FSX-SE which prevents the right click button to work. You might want to try right clicking (not SHIFT key) over a non-active area (over the bezel between the DTO and the HOME button for example) and cross check it is displaying the expected FSX-SE popup menu.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I'm sorry for the confusion. I mean the Configuration Panel accessed by Shift and Right Click. I can access this panel with other add-on A/C with your GPS installed. Using the right click on a non-active area works.

Thanks Del

Ok so do you mean only 1 aircraft is causing this problem? Is this on the popup window?

Can you please open the panel.cfg file in a text editor, look for the [WINDOW##] entry with the GTN gauge, and check there is no other gauge in this window which would 'overlap' the GTN gauge?

I'm thinking the original panel might have had a GPS you've replaced with the Assistant, and another gauge atop which most likely is handling / intercepting the click for manning the popup window.

Yes, just the QW BAE146. I can access the Configuration Panel in the other aircraft. It is on a popup window. I used the Reality-XP add-on menu to install it.

I've checked the panel.cfg file and can see no other gauge in it.

Del

In the Documents Folder there's a rxpGTN.gau file with a number of these entries: 19/05/20 14:32:20.726 08820 ERROR] can't open GTN_750_1 settings

Del

Is there any other way of accessing the Configuration Panel apart from using Shift and the mouse?

Del

10 hours ago, dels said:

Is there any other way of accessing the Configuration Panel apart from using Shift and the mouse?

Del

You can manually edit the RealityXP.GTN.in file based on settings detailed in the User Manual.  

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hi,

do you run any kind of "post-processing" tool (ReShade or similar) ? Other customers have reported these kind of tools are usually failing because they don't like child windows.

No, nothing like that I'm afraid. I've tried it in another add-on of Quality Wings and I can access the panel fine.

Del

On 5/20/2019 at 11:12 AM, dels said:

In the Documents Folder there's a rxpGTN.gau file with a number of these entries: 19/05/20 14:32:20.726 08820 ERROR] can't open GTN_750_1 settings

Hi, is there anything else in the log file? Can please post its content?