Sign in to follow this  
Thomasso

The best traffic and ATC combo?

Thank you fellas.

so if I understand correctly... If I max AIG traffic density settings, I see the same number of planes that actually are at the airport at the given time in real life, correct?

I want to see the actual RW flights, not some random movement 🙂.  This is actually one of the things that I like the most about AI traffic.

But which slider should I lower? Ray, could you share your settings as we have similar systems? 🙂 I would be very grateful. And what values do you have within AIG Flightplans menu? Min and max.

And if I lower it, would I lose some RW flights?

Thanks a lot!

Edited by Thomasso

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

44 minutes ago, Thomasso said:

If I max AIG traffic density settings, I see the same number of planes that actually are at the airport at the given time in real life, correct?

Tomas

Correct .....leaving the AIG plans' activity level at 1% for all flights, (as you wrote above) you will see all nearby traffic with any sim traffic slider setting > 0. The use of "randomise" limits the spawning of traffic to those with activity levels < the sim's traffic slider setting (ie a plan of an individual flight with say 20% activity won't show if the sim's slider is set at 15%)

In effect, randomise is reducing the reals being shown, so not what you want i suspect.

I leave it  to Ray to comment on reducing sliders as his rig is similar, mine's a tad humbler ..... but I believe he is talking about autogen & scenery density reductions to compensate for the load introduced by AI (5 fps for me at KSFO). 

for now, cheers

john martin

If you use FSUIPC you can use that program’s AI limiter and just leave the p3d traffic slider at 100%.  This way you have greater control over what AI is displayed and what isn’t.  I generally set mine at 200 aircraft and my airports are nicely populated but it saves a lot of FPS in busy areas.  Generally it will keep AI traffic close to you and eliminate AI traffic further away (which you’re less likely to see anyway).

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

7 hours ago, regis9 said:

If you use FSUIPC you can use that program’s AI limiter and just leave the p3d traffic slider at 100%.  This way you have greater control over what AI is displayed and what isn’t.  I generally set mine at 200 aircraft and my airports are nicely populated but it saves a lot of FPS in busy areas.  Generally it will keep AI traffic close to you and eliminate AI traffic further away (which you’re less likely to see anyway).

Hi, thank you for this insight! Would this work well with AIG?

Tomas

Tomáš Pokorný

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

11 hours ago, Thomasso said:

Ray, could you share your settings as we have similar systems? 🙂 I would be very grateful. And what values do you have within AIG Flightplans menu? Min and max.

Tomas, here are my settings:-

TRAFFIC. Ai Density 100%; Airport Vehicle Density High

DISPLAY. FXAA Off; AA: 2xMSAA; Anisotropic 16x; Texture Res Ultra; VSync On; Trip Buff On; Unlimited.

WORLD

TERRAIN: LoD Ultra; Tess Factor HIgh; Mesh Res 1mtr; Texture Res 60cm; Use High Res terrain text On

SCENERY OBJECTS: Sc Complex Very Dense; AutoGen Dist High; AutoGen Veg Dense; AutoGen Bld Dense; Dynamic 3D AutoGen On

WATER &BATHYMETRY: Water Detail Ultra; Enable Bathymetry Off; Reflections Clouds & User Vehicles On.

SPECIAL EFFECTS: Both set to High.

LIGHTING

HDR Off; Dynamic Reflections Off; Dynamic Lighting, Landing Lights and Lens Flare all on.

SHADOWS: Shad Quality High; Sh Draw Dist HIgh

CASTING & RECEIVING

Cast On for Int Vehicle, Ext Vehicle, Clouds and Terrain. Recv On for Int Veh and Ext Veh.

WEATHER

Cloud DD = 90nm; Coverage Dens Maximum; Detailed Clouds On; Vol Fog On; Det Precip On; Windsh Effects On

I have no restriction on Ai with 100% set in P3D and nothing set in FSUIPC. Min 1% and Max 99% in AIG.

Monitor runs at 3840*2160@60Hz. Hope that helps.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
  • Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

So, if I understand correctly... If I max AIG traffic density settings, I see the same number of planes that actually are at the airport at the given time in real life, correct?

That should indeed be the case.

For the record, even though I do not have anything like the most powerful PC in the world, my AI planes are set @ 100%. Like Ray, I prefer to see lots of AI planes at my airports, irrespective of the performance hit :wink:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

8 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Tomas, here are my settings:-

TRAFFIC. Ai Density 100%; Airport Vehicle Density High

DISPLAY. FXAA Off; AA: 2xMSAA; Anisotropic 16x; Texture Res Ultra; VSync On; Trip Buff On; Unlimited.

WORLD

TERRAIN: LoD Ultra; Tess Factor HIgh; Mesh Res 1mtr; Texture Res 60cm; Use High Res terrain text On

SCENERY OBJECTS: Sc Complex Very Dense; AutoGen Dist High; AutoGen Veg Dense; AutoGen Bld Dense; Dynamic 3D AutoGen On

WATER &BATHYMETRY: Water Detail Ultra; Enable Bathymetry Off; Reflections Clouds & User Vehicles On.

SPECIAL EFFECTS: Both set to High.

LIGHTING

HDR Off; Dynamic Reflections Off; Dynamic Lighting, Landing Lights and Lens Flare all on.

SHADOWS: Shad Quality High; Sh Draw Dist HIgh

CASTING & RECEIVING

Cast On for Int Vehicle, Ext Vehicle, Clouds and Terrain. Recv On for Int Veh and Ext Veh.

WEATHER

Cloud DD = 90nm; Coverage Dens Maximum; Detailed Clouds On; Vol Fog On; Det Precip On; Windsh Effects On

I have no restriction on Ai with 100% set in P3D and nothing set in FSUIPC. Min 1% and Max 99% in AIG.

Monitor runs at 3840*2160@60Hz. Hope that helps.

Wow! I just tested your settings Ray and I have like 30-40 fps with 100 % traffic at LOWW! Absolutely amazing stuff! Thank you so much for sharing!

Do you guys have any idea why I would be also seeing the default P3D liveries (Orbit, World Travel or what it's called...)?

And one other observation: don't you think that the AI's braking distance is too short? For example, an A380 Emirates just landed in Vienna and the braking seemed very, very quick, like applying MAX AUTOBRAKE in the FsLabs A320, lol. Any way I could change that?

But seriously, thanks, this is golden 🙂

Tomas

Tomáš Pokorný

Tomas, glad it worked so well. I’m curious what your settings were. Can you remember any you changed that were significantly different to what you had before?

The default Ai are held in a BGL in P3D\scenery\world\scenery but the name escapes me.

The Ai are stupid, not intelligent. Sadly nothing can be done about the braking distance until LM change something.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Here’s something you might want to try. Download Ai Companion and let it build its indexes. https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=29651.0

Then with Live Data showing right-click any entry and choose View in Simulator.

The view will change to a spot plane view of that aircraft and you can delight in the great detail on these aircraft.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Sadly nothing can be done about the braking distance until LM change something.

You might want to check out the AIG forums as there's a user there who has updated the aircraft.cfg files for many of the common AI aircraft like for example, FAIB. These updates make the takeoff and landing characteristics more realistic.

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=29801.0

You might need to be a registered user at the AIG forums to view the thread.

Jay, I am a registered user but have you tried these yourself?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

51 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Tomas, glad it worked so well. I’m curious what your settings were. Can you remember any you changed that were significantly different to what you had before?

The default Ai are held in a BGL in P3D\scenery\world\scenery but the name escapes me.

The Ai are stupid, not intelligent. Sadly nothing can be done about the braking distance until LM change something.

Sure, no problem! Please see the images attached.

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
544.png

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find the default livery files. 😞 Thanks for the Ai Companion though 🙂

Tomáš Pokorný

Thanks Tomas. I can see a couple of settings that would affect performance.

I’ll have a look for the default Ai file tomorrow.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

13 hours ago, Thomasso said:

Hi, thank you for this insight! Would this work well with AIG?

Tomas

You’re welcome, it will work great with AIG (what i use) or any other bgl based AI traffic.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

And one other observation: don't you think that the AI's braking distance is too short? For example, an A380 Emirates just landed in Vienna and the braking seemed very, very quick, like applying MAX AUTOBRAKE in the FsLabs A320, lol. Any way I could change that?

Plans are in the pipeline to correct this, but another product needs to be completed and released first :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png