Sign in to follow this  
Thomasso

The best traffic and ATC combo?

14 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

Unless I am mistaken, which is quite likely, ProAtc is a "talking" ATC program which is fine for people with their own FlightSim rooms.

For us ordinary mortals who have family and TV in the same living area, talking to ATC is out.

That's why I still use Radar Contact.

Ian Harrison

ProAtcx is button based so a perfect solution for us with integrated living rooms /flightsim rooms!

Niklas Eriksson

So I have been playing around a bit and the AIG seems awesome so far! Maybe it would be good if I could just install all airlines with 1 click, but that's not that important.

I was hovering around some major airports in a heli and was observing the traffic. The default ATC was communicating with them, giving clearances, hold short instructions etc. That is better than I expected 🙂. Seemed good enough, although I didn't have much time to test it. I suppose that the payware ATC solutions would perform at least the same, if not better, right?

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

10 minutes ago, Thomasso said:

🙂I suppose that the payware ATC solutions would perform at least the same, if not better, right?

Radar Contact v4 (free) does a much better job of instructing you than the default ATC. Nothing to lose by trying it.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/547732-radar-contact-and-jdtllc-in-transition/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Radar Contact v4 (free) does a much better job of instructing you than the default ATC. Nothing to lose by trying it.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/547732-radar-contact-and-jdtllc-in-transition/

Looks good, I'll give it a go tonight. Thanks!

Tomáš Pokorný

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

@Thomasso, whilst it can run on the same PC as P3D it's best on another PC connected via WideFS by Pete Dowson. ShowText (free on Pete's forum) displays the menu and can be configured with different background and font size / colours. Sound via another PC means you can tailor it to your liking.

Remember to run installer with admin privileges and keep away from Program Files. C:\RC4 is ideal.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Thomasso, whilst it can run on the same PC as P3D it's best on another PC connected via WideFS by Pete Dowson. ShowText (free on Pete's forum) displays the menu and can be configured with different background and font size / colours. Sound via another PC means you can tailor it to your liking.

Remember to run installer with admin privileges and keep away from Program Files. C:\RC4 is ideal.

I don't have 2 computers available, but the one I have is quite powerful, see my signature... I think that it will do just fine 🙂 

And I have an SSD 1TB designated to P3D only (the drive is even called P3D) 😄 

Edited by Thomasso

Tomáš Pokorný

Tomas, one is fine. It’s not because RC4 is demanding of system resources but more convenient being able to see the RC menu on a separate display and to have independent control of volume.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Tomas, one is fine. It’s not because RC4 is demanding of system resources but more convenient being able to see the RC menu on a separate display and to have independent control of volume.

Oh, I see. I actually have 2 monitors 🙂 One primary 4K "32 and a secondary 1080p "23. I use the primary for the sim (obviously), and the secondary one for Navigraph Charts, Active Sky etc 🙂

Tomáš Pokorný

Tomas, in that case try ShowText available here. It looks better than the green box used otherwise. I’m not 100% it will work on the same PC as P3D but you’ll find out. https://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

Tomas, in that case try ShowText available here. It looks better than the green box used otherwise. I’m not 100% it will work on the same PC as P3D but you’ll find out. https://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

Thanks Ray, will check it out 🙂

Tomáš Pokorný

Guys, I have a follow up question regarding the traffic. How is your performance when using the AIG? My PC seems to be suffering quite a lot, CPU at 100 %. What is your recommended settings? Thanks 🙂 

Tomáš Pokorný

Tomas, you have a system very close to mine including running the primary display at 4K. Where we differ is I don’t have a secondary display. Maybe that’s a factor.

I have found the AIG models to be excellent in terms of fps. I counted over 600 Ai in, around and above KSFO recently. The fps stayed around the mid 20s.

CPU core 0 is still at 100% but performance is fine. What were you using before?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

Tomas, you have a system very close to mine including running the primary display at 4K. Where we differ is I don’t have a secondary display. Maybe that’s a factor.

I have found the AIG models to be excellent in terms of fps. I counted over 600 Ai in, around and above KSFO recently. The fps stayed around the mid 20s.

CPU core 0 is still at 100% but performance is fine. What were you using before?

Thanks for the reply, Ray. I wasn't using anything before. No traffic what so ever.

I left the AIG settings as default (max flight activity 1 %) and I set the actual traffic density within P3D to 5 % (I believe that it would not matter if I set it to 1 %, it would still show all traffic).

Are you using a custom AffinityMask value? All my cores are working (I've got HT OFF).

I was also testing at KSFO (the FlightBeam one) and while flying between the terminals in the default Robinson heli, I had around 17 fps, definitely uncomfortable for a smooth operation...

Another thing that I have noticed - there are loooots of planes at every airport. It nearly seems unrealistic to me, as I had quite some trouble locating an empty gate. I found some but really not sure about the realism of this. Also, there is a lot of illogical behavior after the inital load. Many planes leave the gates immediately and head to a runway, other planes start to land at the same time and there is a lot of holding short and go arounds. Is this expected?

Thanks!

Tomas

Tomáš Pokorný

Tomas,

The AIG files are based on RW schedules. If you want to be able to make the sim's activity level sliders work, you have to install each AIG schedule using the option to randomize the activity level for that airline. You can also use AI Flight Planner to randomize all the schedules in a folder, after the schedules have been installed.

Tomas, your sliders are probably too high. If you’ve never had an Ai package before you do have to account for the impact they will have on fps.

Forget AF. That isn’t the problem. Lower your settings. You can’t expect to inject lots of Ai into P3D and it not impact on performance.

I’m told the Ai timetable is realistic. There will always be lots of movement initially whilst they play catch-up.

Lots of aircraft is good. That’s what the real world looks like. 😉

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather