Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

New Traffic Density error

Hi

I'm currently rebuilding my P3D because I've had a lot of problems lately. The new install also appears to have caused more problems for me.

The error I am currently getting when I press ctrl+alt+f12 (for GSX) is https://photos.app.goo.gl/d9xMBJrvxqXJRm4w9

How do I set up P3D / GSX to work properly?

Thanks, Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Do you have UT-live ?  this seems to be a  message to indicate that the AI traffic density in UTL has changed and I do not think this is an error message.

Both GSX and UR-live are default responding to the same Ctr/alt/f12 combo. Change either of the 2 and you are done..

b / rgds Dick

Thanks Dick, much appreciated

Where can these settings be changed? I've gone through the systems time and time again. Still doing it!

Gaz

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

It's under the configuration tab of the external UTLive program.

I currently have this setting there: 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QbC3LJ9aN37M8J1E6

I thought it would be good - but it doesn't help.

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

You need to change the shortcut mapping under traffic. There is a shortcut to increase/decrease density and it will mess with your set values.

Edited by JasonPC

Gary,

PMFJI. There are key combos in UT Live for increasing and decreasing traffic levels. It looks like they are assigned to the same key combo used by GSX.

Find a free combo in P3D and change the GSX assignment. You can do this by looking through the various commands and using another like CTRL+Shift+F8. If you see a message confirming that has been assigned then cancel out and use that for GSX. Alternatively reassign the default ones in UTL using the same principle.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hit Alt in your P3D, go to the "add-ons" menu op the top of the P3D screen. There you find options to change the settings  for both GSX and UTL.

Brill, I appreciate everyone getting back to me and i'll give it a go.

Gaz

• Upvote 1

Gaz on Facebook

17 hours ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Brill, I appreciate everyone getting back to me and i'll give it a go.

Gaz

As Jason (and others) have said, just change the UTL key mappings and you'll be good to go Gaz.

Open the UT Live GUI, now click the configuration tab, then traffic, and you'll see "shortcut key assignments" top left. Left click your mouse in one of the increase/decrease boxes and it will highlight blue, now press the key combo you want to assign, and if it's available it will change. Once you've done this for both, click "save settings" at the bottom and you are done. FWIW, i've had mine set to ctrl+shift+F9 (increase) and ctrl+shift+F8 (decrease) for a while now. For some reason you can't use ctrl+shift+F10, so it must be assigned elsewhere.