Sign in to follow this  
spilok

The correct ORDER of apps

Question:  What is the correct  order of things?  This is mine.

1. First, I load EV Force and reduce it to my taskbar
  2. Second, I  load ActiveSky and reduce it to my taskbar
  3. Third, I load P3d 

I do not load REX SkyForce because I assume it is always working in the background after the initial installation.

CORRECT???

Stan

• Like 1

I can't tell what this thing with the correct loading order is (I've seen a lot discussions mentioning it) but I've tried any possible combination involving EF + ASP4 + P3D and always got the same results (did do screenshots to compare).

The only difference from the presumably bullet proof EF -> ASP4 -> P3D to the worst P3D -> EF -> ASP4, was that you directly saw all the changes EF and ASP4 would do to the scene (you will see lights change, clouds appear, sky turn, blablabla).

I also newer saw any mention from REX that a particular starting order had to be taken care of or the APPS won't work. Actualy it would be nonsense IMHO to have something like that.

Conclusion: Either way worked on my PC but I'm used to start also in that order EF-ASP4-P3D.

6 hours ago, spilok said:

I do not load REX SkyForce because I assume it is always working in the background after the initial installation

You don't have to assume anything because it was already mentioned " a tsd of times" that you don't need to run SF3D if you have EF and use another weather engine.

SF3D would have to run in combo with EF ONLY if you would use SF3D weather engine! --> This is in a thread over by REX!

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

1. Active Sky 4
  2. REX Environment Force
  3. P3Dv4

No need to open REX SkyForce.

As per REX forum instructions where I asked the same question weeks ago.

Edited by Jean-Claude

7 hours ago, spilok said:

Question:  What is the correct  order of things?  This is mine.

1. First, I load EV Force and reduce it to my taskbar
  2. Second, I  load ActiveSky and reduce it to my taskbar
  3. Third, I load P3d 

I do not load REX SkyForce because I assume it is always working in the background after the initial installation.

CORRECT???

Stan

That's exactly the same way I do it, Stan.

It seems to work for me.

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

1 hour ago, Jean-Claude said:

As per REX forum instructions where I asked the same question weeks ago.

Would you mind sharing the Link from REX Forums where this has been discussed?

Many thanks.

Gerald K. - Germany

Oh, locked behind a sign in wall....can’t even see the problems before even considering purchase...who wudda thought 🤫🤫....never mind...looks like real bad software anyway

cant stand this practice, no open forum...clearly something to hide behind the non public iron curtain.

Luke Pype

31 minutes ago, Jean-Claude said:

Sorry @Jean-Claude but the topic does NOT tell you anything in regard to the starting procedure. Please reread your questions and the answers.

The DEV did not reply wheather you shold start in that particular order but replied what should be started (SF3D in regard to ASCA) or not.

Gerald K. - Germany

With due respect Gerald, I invite you to please re-read my initial post on REX forum and you will see that - after having read several threads on REX forum with bits of information all over the place regarding this topic -, I made an attempt to write a synthesis and sought clarification on the correct order from REX. But since I suspected that after a new product post-release exercise, responses would be quick and somewhat incomplete, I suggested an order asking support staff to rectify whatever was not correct. 

No change was proposed by REX on the sequence, only on the products to be opened so as to ensure proper EF functioning, hence I assume the proposed order was correct. If you read the EF manual, you won't find anything regarding that sequence as opposed to the SkyForce manual where such sequence is clearly offered.

Having said that, whatever works for you and others is OK, we are not re-writing the Bible, only flying toys in a fake sky!

Edited by Jean-Claude

the  op  has  it  right

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

4 hours ago, Jean-Claude said:

With due respect Gerald, I invite you to please re-read my initial post on REX forum and you will see that - after having read several threads on REX forum with bits of information all over the place regarding this topic -, I made an attempt to write a synthesis and sought clarification on the correct order from REX. But since I suspected that after a new product post-release exercise, responses would be quick and somewhat incomplete, I suggested an order asking support staff to rectify whatever was not correct. 

No change was proposed by REX on the sequence, only on the products to be opened so as to ensure proper EF functioning, hence I assume the proposed order was correct. If you read the EF manual, you won't find anything regarding that sequence as opposed to the SkyForce manual where such sequence is clearly offered.

Having said that, whatever works for you and others is OK, we are not re-writing the Bible, only flying toys in a fake sky!

With all due respect @Jean-Claude but you are wrong in your assumption!

One must diferentiate between a must or a could and also between clear answer or an interpretation of the answer. In your topic you did ask a lot of Q but REX reacted only on the relevant ones. Not answering to the starting order does not mean that the order is mandatory (which was your interpretation) but could also mean that it's in whatever order ;).

To calm people down and keep missinformations to be spread, I've put a plain and simple Q on the DEVs forum which received a plain and concise short answer.

"The order you start applications should not be altering the final outcome. If any issues, please report back. Federico"

Post can be found here: https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51766-is-there-a-starting-order-requiered/&tab=comments#comment-319664

@pete_auau @spilok please read the thread above.

Regards,

Gerald

Gerald K. - Germany

Thanks for the responses.  There have been several posts regarding this, but nothing definitive enough for me.  NOW, I feel better that the consensus seems to be the order that I use...or really any order without consequence.

My only confusion before this was that since I bought Skyforce right before Environment Force, I didn't want to abandon Skyforce.  Now, I infer from the comments that even though I don't open Skyforce….it is still working in the background with all the cloud textures and sky textures that I've previously chosen.  I do indeed love the texture choices in SF

I have deleted REX TEXTURES (an older program).

Stan

Edited by spilok

You have to start some of these other applications before starting P3D??

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

The answer is definitely "no".  However, if P3d is covering your screen, it would be cumbersome to alt/enter it and reduce P3d to start the other apps.  It's more convenient to start the others and lastly do P3d....according to what I'm reading here.

Stan

I assume this means that these apps modify certain attributes of P3D "on the fly", rather than (for example) the way that REX 4 Texture Direct updates textures and effects in advance, and then P3D loads those changes automatically when it is run?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png