Sign in to follow this  
spilok

The correct ORDER of apps

There is a excellent fairly definitive tutorial on this matter by “NoLonger “under P3D Tips and Tricks entitled Rex SkyForce 3D with Active Sky etc

xxd09

Edited by xxd09
Spelling

15 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

With all due respect @Jean-Claude but you are wrong in your assumption!

One must diferentiate between a must or a could and also between clear answer or an interpretation of the answer. In your topic you did ask a lot of Q but REX reacted only on the relevant ones. Not answering to the starting order does not mean that the order is mandatory (which was your interpretation) but could also mean that it's in whatever order ;).

To calm people down and keep missinformations to be spread, I've put a plain and simple Q on the DEVs forum which received a plain and concise short answer.

"The order you start applications should not be altering the final outcome. If any issues, please report back. Federico"

Post can be found here: https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51766-is-there-a-starting-order-requiered/&tab=comments#comment-319664

@pete_auau @spilok please read the thread above.

Regards,

Gerald

seems  that u need to start  ef fully before sim,  looks  like  timest added   to  your post  in rex  as well

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51729-file-not-verified/

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51766-is-there-a-starting-order-requiered/

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

38 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

seems  that u need to start  ef fully before sim

Which seems to be an issue with the last update of EF and as Federico mentioned "Please report back if any issues".... but newertheless a nice catch.

I've installed just yesterday P3D4.5.12 (clean) and the latest EF v. 0517. I did do some flying (did like the new EF btw!!!) but as I recall, I started ASP4 and EF before P3D. I will try to start it in a different order to see what I get and report back.

PS: Tim from REX just replied to my topic aswell stating that EF should be started first.

@spilok @Christopher Low There are some new findings regarding this. Apearantly you get an error message if you don't start EF before P3D.

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Update: The mentioned topic got an official statement from REX

"OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Environment Force must be FULLY be started before Prepar3D is opened. Also, Prepar3D should be FULLY closed before Environment Force is closed."

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

I start EF then hit the V and leave it in the hidden icons and never shut it down.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg