Sign in to follow this  
heavy1216

Autogen Popping P3D v4.5

Can anybody help with my Autogen Popping problem? Here is a video example of what I am experiencing. I am running an Intel i7 8700K at 4.6Ghx, GTX 1080ti, 16GB of RAM. Both Level of Detail Radius and Autogen and Scenery Draw Distance are at Max

HAPPY FLYING
~G "Heavy1216" Edge

Intel Core i9 10850k 5.0ghz, GeFore RTX 3080 , ASUSTek Prime Z490-V, 32GB DDR4 3600

29 minutes ago, heavy1216 said:

Can anybody help with my Autogen Popping problem? Here is a video example of what I am experiencing. I am running an Intel i7 8700K at 4.6Ghx, GTX 1080ti, 16GB of RAM.

Same cpu and vidcard that I have.  Now see below:

29 minutes ago, heavy1216 said:

Both Level of Detail Radius and Autogen and Scenery Draw Distance are at Max

Likely, those settings are too high for your given location (your popping is what I see when I'm set too high).  I don't run that high except maybe in rural areas.

My typical urban config has AG radius at med, and AG Veg at Dense and AG Buildings at Norm.  It is a give-and-take though -- you may have other settings, like Special Effects sliders or AI, that are eating cpu cycles, preventing you from running the AG settings you want.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

That's one of my favorite enemies. I (and others) have reported it at the Prepar3d forum numerious times, including two video clips in the San Francisoc Bay area I made which are still available there. There have also been a number of threads here at AVSIM on the topic.

It is NOT a performance issue. It starts as soon as you dial Autogen+Scenery slider beyond "Medium". According to my experience, it is independent on any other settings, as low as they may be to help with performance, and I tried a lot of them. I also didn't get rid of it by limiting fps internally or externally, as long as that slider is above "Medium".

After following it from 4.0 until the most recent version, I doubt we will get rid of it over the 4.x run. Maybe in 5.0. Maybe.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 3

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I too thought I could crank up those setting after building recently a new rig. Unpleasantly surprised when dialling in "very dense" on those settings, I had fps in the high teens only flying out of major hubs with all the FTX and wx addons...and had to dial it down 😕

regards, Andy

MSFS/P3Dv4.5/| i7 9700K @5.0 | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F |32GB3200C16 | ASUS 2080Ti OC connected to 3 x LG 27" monitors 5780x1080 | EVO 970 2TB M2 for sim, EVO PLUS 970 500GB M2 for W10pro64bit | VirtualFly YOKO & TQ6 |  MFG crosswinds | T16000M |

Scenery draw distance is the major contributor to this kind of behaviour. Set frames to 30 locked and set scenery draw distance to medium, set the rest of sliders appropriately to the scenery you are flying in and popping is likely to no longer be seen.

• Like 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

10 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Scenery draw distance is the major contributor to this kind of behaviour. Set frames to 30 locked and set scenery draw distance to medium, set the rest of sliders appropriately to the scenery you are flying in and popping is likely to no longer be seen.

Agreed. Unfortunately, the "Medium" setting is just the autogen radius we had in the 3.x series which is quite small and has been citized at that time. Accordingly, it was extended by LM in the 4.X. At the cost of popping beyond that radius.😥

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Some resource heavy addons, aircraft & weather in your video, time of day dusk and dawn transition can also add more resource burden (transition textures in-play). Lowering the sliders a  tad in dense city scapes is a good idea even though you have a powerful rig.

Initially thought you had some artifacting on the engine cowl, until I realised it was rain. (no issues there)

Something else to think about, you seem to have quite a lot open on your taskbar, do you normally run your sim with so many open programs, or was it just for this vid capture. One of the heavier resource hitters could be the chrome browser. Only run things you need for simming and of course exclude your Sim folders and files from being scanned by your Antivirus.

10 hours ago, heavy1216 said:

Can anybody help with my Autogen Popping problem? Here is a video example of what I am experiencing. I am running an Intel i7 8700K at 4.6Ghx, GTX 1080ti, 16GB of RAM. Both Level of Detail Radius and Autogen and Scenery Draw Distance are at Max

What night lighting product are you using? Does this also happen with your autogen building/vegetation during daylight?

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

That was my solution, but first:

Do you run Nvidia Inspector? Texture filtering in Nvidia Inspector?

3 hours ago, Jethro said:

Some resource heavy addons, aircraft & weather in your video, time of day dusk and dawn transition can also add more resource burden (transition textures in-play). Lowering the sliders a  tad in dense city scapes is a good idea even though you have a powerful rig.

Initially thought you had some artifacting on the engine cowl, until I realised it was rain. (no issues there)

Something else to think about, you seem to have quite a lot open on your taskbar, do you normally run your sim with so many open programs, or was it just for this vid capture. One of the heavier resource hitters could be the chrome browser. Only run things you need for simming and of course exclude your Sim folders and files from being scanned by your Antivirus.

I'm in the process of moving everything to a Network Configuration so for the moment, everything runs on my main system. 

HAPPY FLYING
~G "Heavy1216" Edge

Intel Core i9 10850k 5.0ghz, GeFore RTX 3080 , ASUSTek Prime Z490-V, 32GB DDR4 3600

1 hour ago, Urmel81 said:

That was my solution, but first:

Do you run Nvidia Inspector? Texture filtering in Nvidia Inspector?

I don't Nvidia Inspector. Stopped some time ago when people were saying it wasn't needed for v4 

HAPPY FLYING
~G "Heavy1216" Edge

3 hours ago, Flic1 said:

What night lighting product are you using? Does this also happen with your autogen building/vegetation during daylight?

I'm using "unmentionables" for night lighting and I just tested again and the same problem occurred. 

Edited by heavy1216

HAPPY FLYING
~G "Heavy1216" Edge

Just now, heavy1216 said:

I don't Nvidia Inspector. Stopped some time ago when people were saying it wasn't needed for v4 

I had this slow loading / poping Autogen with Nvidia Inspector Texture filtering. I used High Performance but this was the cause of the issue. Qualtiy is for me working best. Had really big issues with High Performance.

Maybe you wan't to try if it works.

6 minutes ago, Urmel81 said:

I had this slow loading / poping Autogen with Nvidia Inspector Texture filtering. I used High Performance but this was the cause of the issue. Qualtiy is for me working best. Had really big issues with High Performance.

Maybe you wan't to try if it works.

I'll give it a try right now

HAPPY FLYING
~G "Heavy1216" Edge