Sign in to follow this  
virtualstuff

where is the rex topic gone?

We had discussion about REX and SF, but the topic vanished, is there a particular reason?

André

That topic was already way to long and slightly getting out of control IMHO.

Since the topic started, some fixes have already been provided by REX, making that topic "unnecessary".

I'm sure you can start a new one sharing your experience with the latest builds.

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

That description could apply to many threads on this forum so doesn't seem like a good reason to delete it. There must be a more satisfactory explanation.

18 minutes ago, awf said:

We had discussion about REX and SF, but the topic vanished, is there a particular reason?

Emotional ($,€) reasons I guess 🙄

Göksel Erkan

pmdg 737ngx, pmdg 777 200/300ER, asp4, asca, rextd, rexhd, fsuipc registered user.

Perhaps related to a REX staff member stating a new update was released that subsequently didn't appear. I can see how removing that statement would prevent further confusion.

@Reader Agreed that it was a slightly parallel discussion, but there was some unique content on the deleted thread. The remaining EF thread doesn't indicate a fix for SF.

52 minutes ago, awf said:

You mean the REX bashing thread? AVSIM members are better than that.

• Like 5

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I don't think that is an accurate description for all of the content. But since it's gone, that's a moot point.

not  really   at  the  end  it  was

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Could it be that there is a dedicated support forum for REX products.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

@rjfry That would be a justified comment, except that a REX staff member posted an announcement of an update here but there was nothing on the REX SF forum at the time.

• Upvote 1

Yes announcing an update is not same as the support for the product, that's on the REX forum, much like P3D the devs have an official support forum but not here on Avsim .

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

An update that breaks a working version is a cause for concern. But, some used that as an opportunity to vent. Let them know how you feel at their forum. They do listen to their customers.

If anyone is using REX SF (v5.0.2019.116) I would stick with that one. I need a full download. I can't find my back up and I recently did a full reinstall of P3D v.5 HF1. Anyone can share, I'd be grateful.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.