Sign in to follow this  
Pauliglot

Rikoooo Boeing 777-200ER Ultimate no paint no panel

Yesterday I installed the 777-200ER from Rikoooo. Selected FSX Steam edition, which is what I use. After install the plane appeares in the FSX list of airplanes but when selected it lacks color. It's completely white. The panel is white too and has no instruments. Checked the Boeing_777_200ER_OP folder and found the usual model, panel, sound, texture files. Also checked the configData\dll.xml file. The readme says that installation adds lines to this file. However, the file date is unchanged, so clearly it's not touched by the installation. The Modules folder contains 2 dll files beginning with jb777. So the only anomaly is the dll.xml file which is untouched.

The installer says installation is fully automatic, so I assume no manual extra steps are required.

Anyone any idea what could be wrong?

Regards, Paul

Welcome to the AVSIM forums! :happy:  My first impression is to say "Never trust an autoinstaller"  and to have it install to a folder that you create and move each piece of it into your Sim yourself.  That will mean get to know your Sim and where things go inside of it.

Do you have a link to this download?  I'll try it and see what I come up with.

Never mind, I found the download.  I'll now put myself into suspended animation/hibernation while I wait for it to finish.:blink:

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I have the Rikooo 777-200ER ULT package and I'm flying one of them right now, Air France (FSX-Steam) with no problems...

I saw nothing in the download that would re-write the dll.xml files, unless it's caused by the addition of the 2 files in the Modules folder??  Everything looks OK.

777.JPG

777 panel.JPG

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

That's the same one I used and it does give a choice of where to install.

install 777.JPG

Charlie Aron

@charliearon

I tried both manual and automatic folder selection (cfr your screenshot). No difference. But something occurred to me: I use DX10 with shader_release_v3.2.3 (rather than Steve's fixer payware) which works fine... except for this plane. Switched back to DX9 and there is the 777 in all its glory! 

So it looks like I'll have to pay for the fixer after all...

Regards, Paul

• Like 1

It's worth it IMHO. If you can also stretch to buying the Cloud Shadows add-on then that is great for increasing the immersion in the sim!

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I recently bought ActiveSky, which makes flying in all kinds of weather a new challenge. Cloud shadows would certainly add a lot of realism. Thanks for the tip!

Regards, Paul