Sign in to follow this  
swissa340

P3D black and white

Hi everybody

I was able to break my sim (again). My problem is that everything is black and white now except for the cockpit. The ground textures are completely black and the autogen is monochrome. For some reason the cirrus clouds are blue.

What I've tried so far:

Uninstalling & reinstalling REX Environment Force (Suspected it to be conflicting with PTA)

Restoring the original shaders through PTA

Repairing/Reinstalling the P3D client to get new HLSL shaders

Doing a system restore to a point where the sim was working just fine

All of the above didn't work. Now I'm pretty clueless.

My specs:

i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz

GTX1080Ti

16Gb Ram 2133mhz

Windows 10 64bit

latest P3D version (v4.5)

And here are some screenshots

47839786622_b2c6a99630_o.png

47839787162_a44e3ff1f0_o.png

40925362483_142f1c6ba4_o.png

47839787632_d6e4ee3081_o.png

Thanks in advance 😄

Edited by swissa340

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yeah, system restore rarely works well.

So, you have:

1.  Uninstalled P3D Client (make sure you do not deactivate your license)

2.  Deleted the contents of your Shaders folder, and deleted your Prepar3D.cfg.

3.  Installed 4.5 HF1 P3D Client

4.  Uninstalled P3D Content

5.  Installed 4.5 HF1 P3D Content

6.  Uninstalled P3D Scenery

7.  Installed 4.5 HF1 P3D Scenery

8.  run sim once, load default F-22 flight at the Florida air base -- first load will be slower due to shader creation, index creation, etc.

9.  If you have Orbx, be sure to open Orbx Central and select "verify files" for each Global product you have

...and you still get the problem you describe?  I would do steps 1-9 above exactly as shown.  If that didn't work, I'd uninstall REX EF, then repeat steps 1-9 above and report back.

• Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I had this issue and to solve it, all I did was restore the original shaders

HAPPY FLYING
~G "Heavy1216" Edge

Intel Core i9 10850k 5.0ghz, GeFore RTX 3080 , ASUSTek Prime Z490-V, 32GB DDR4 3600

1 hour ago, Mace said:

Yeah, system restore rarely works well.

So, you have:

1.  Uninstalled P3D Client (make sure you do not deactivate your license)

2.  Deleted the contents of your Shaders folder, and deleted your Prepar3D.cfg.

3.  Installed 4.5 HF1 P3D Client

4.  Uninstalled P3D Content

5.  Installed 4.5 HF1 P3D Content

6.  Uninstalled P3D Scenery

7.  Installed 4.5 HF1 P3D Scenery

8.  run sim once, load default F-22 flight at the Florida air base -- first load will be slower due to shader creation, index creation, etc.

9.  If you have Orbx, be sure to open Orbx Central and select "verify files" for each Global product you have

...and you still get the problem you describe?  I would do steps 1-9 above exactly as shown.  If that didn't work, I'd uninstall REX EF, then repeat steps 1-9 above and report back.

Yep that worked. Thank you very much. I now even now which ad-on caused the problem. It was PTA (v2.66) which was causing the problem and not REX Enviroment Force like I anticipated.

Thanks for the help

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hello, 

I have the same problem.  I have followed the instructions 2 times and deleted REX EF but I still have the same black and white scenery.  I did uninstall everything last week and everything was fine, but today the black and white scenery has returned.  Any ideas on what I could do to fix this?

Thank you.

I tend to avoid environment add-ons, just for P3D because I like it's default environment look and feel quite well, just as I like Xplane11's too.  Both sims manage to capture a good environmental look for me, but I feel P3D's default clouds are waaaaaaaaay better than Xplane11's, which at their best still have no substance to them, nor have I seen an add-on that looks as good as both P3D's clouds and cloud shadows in its default setup.

Each sim has meaning for me because of the aircraft I chose for each sim, Xplane is all about Microlight flying for me or niche tprops and the wonderful Premier1 from Carenado, P3D allowed me to import my upgraded FSX aircraft and the twin piston and turbo Dukes, plus add aircraft i have never tried before, like the Seminole, which looks just like the Duchess.  There is something about a T-Tail GA aircraft that makes me feel like it is a little airliner, I love the Piper Tomahawk over the C152 for that reason, and I also took light sport lessons in a T-Tail aircraft and had smoother elevator authority in stalls that did not stress the aircraft quite as much. 

The Allegro 2000 I learned to fly in had a sharp stall break, you would stall and find yourself hanging from the shoulder straps looking straight down at the earth.  I prefer low wing aircraft when it comes to stalls, or at least aircraft with more elevator authority, T-Tails have smoother elevator authority but not as strong, since the elevator is out of the propwash somewhat.  That is why I learned to fly trikes, they do not stall much at all--instead they "parachute" in controlled flight, although if you handle them incorrectly they can back flip on you and the OMG bolt might break, separating you from the wing and you just hope and pray your ballistic parachute is mounted to the lower structure and not atop the wing.....

John