Recommended Posts

Never seen this before but I think I had a windows update last week.

On Thursday got a CTD with this.

Did 3 flight yesterday with no problems today 2 flight both CTD with ucrtbase.DLL

Any ideas? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

David,

This use to be the MSRCRT2012.dll to show you had an installation problem.  Of course, everyone blamed Microsoft for the error and demanded they fix P3D immediately or there will be major lawsuits.  So, Microsoft changed the name to ucrbase.dll to show you had an installation problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Jim Young said:

David,

This use to be the MSRCRT2012.dll to show you had an installation problem.  Of course, everyone blamed Microsoft for the error and demanded they fix P3D immediately or there will be major lawsuits.  So, Microsoft changed the name to ucrbase.dll to show you had an installation problem.

What with Jim Windows, because this started two days after a windows7 update.

How can I fix it?

I've just spent two night re-installing P3D 4.5.

Any help would be great Jim.

BTW I ran that /scan system thing and it said all file were fine!

David.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

have  your  tried  rolling  back the update   to the  previous  one or  could  it  be    your  latest addon  you had  installed     since  it  most  likely  be  one of them  since  it  only  happened  recently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, pete_auau said:

have  your  tried  rolling  back the update   to the  previous  one or  could  it  be    your  latest addon  you had  installed     since  it  most  likely  be  one of them  since  it  only  happened  recently

I've spent the last two night re-installing P3D with the new 4.5. 

I really hope its an addon because if its a window corrupt file or something I have no idea what to do. I ran the black window with the command to scan for faults and it says all was fine.

I've re-installed the sim, Orbx global/OLC/libs than airports one by one.

Tonight am re-installing ASP4 for a fresh install then SF then EF, I will then add my PR areas. Then finally after that, I can install aircraft. FSL update just came out so I will probably just install that for the time being as that's 90% of what I fly.

If I get this crash then.....I will be in a dark place.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Return to the default configuration (does not require uninstalling anything) The following fixes most crashes with any simulator.  You can complete all actions below or do each one at a time but recommend do each one at a time.  This way you will know which component caused the freeze or crash.

       Rename the FSX/P3D.cfg.  Change to P3D.off, as appropriate. A rebuilt P3D.cfg will be made when you restart the simulator.

      Delete or rename the dll.xml.  Default location is in same folder as scenery.cfg but look for one in the same folder as the P3D.cfg as some developers still use this location. Rename to dll.off. 

       Move or rename the scenery.cfg.  For P3D users, go to the Documents/Prepar3D V4 Add-Ons folder and move everything in this folder to a Temp directory.  This will disable all Add-ons.

       Restart FSX or P3D.

I saw another topic where you stated the crash occurred at shutdown.  There are a lot of add-ons that do not shutdown properly.  A PMDG .dll is one of them.  It is of no harm.  It's an add-on that was not programmed properly. 

The ucrtbased.dll is targeting Microsoft Visuals Redistributable.  Did you install an addon that required a certain Redistributable?  A certain Microsoft dotnet?  Most add-ons usually install these add-ons if not found on your system but some installers are not that sophisticated.

Hopefully you will not have to go into a dark place....

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
1
6 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Return to the default configuration (does not require uninstalling anything) The following fixes most crashes with any simulator.  You can complete all actions below or do each one at a time but recommend do each one at a time.  This way you will know which component caused the freeze or crash.

 

       Rename the FSX/P3D.cfg.  Change to P3D.off, as appropriate. A rebuilt P3D.cfg will be made when you restart the simulator.

 

      Delete or rename the dll.xml.  Default location is in same folder as scenery.cfg but look for one in the same folder as the P3D.cfg as some developers still use this location. Rename to dll.off. 

 

       Move or rename the scenery.cfg.  For P3D users, go to the Documents/Prepar3D V4 Add-Ons folder and move everything in this folder to a Temp directory.  This will disable all Add-ons.

 

       Restart FSX or P3D.

I saw another topic where you stated the crash occurred at shutdown.  There are a lot of add-ons that do not shutdown properly.  A PMDG .dll is one of them.  It is of no harm.  It's an add-on that was not programmed properly. 

The ucrtbased.dll is targeting Microsoft Visuals Redistributable.  Did you install an addon that required a certain Redistributable?  A certain Microsoft dotnet?  Most add-ons usually install these add-ons if not found on your system but some installers are not that sophisticated.

Hopefully you will not have to go into a dark place....

 

 

 

 

 

Hi Jim,

Thank you as always for your time and help.

The shutdown error seems to be a GSXv2 triggering but FSDT says they don't both with W7 and think its some sort of call that W7 might not have anymore. That "crash" report I can live with as it as P3D is closing.

What I cannot live with is a crash in flight. 

I installed MK LPPT last week and I think there was a W7 update, for the last 3-4 weeks I've not had one CTD, P3D felt bulletproof and was running so well. 

Now as you know far more than me Jim, here is all I can think off.

Around two weeks ago I had trouble installing MSE Spain South, North and middle went fine, but it took 3 goes to get it to install south some error I cannot remember.

Now please bear with me here Jim, At the same time after reading how good you found MSE , I also installed CAL south and Navarda for KLAS. At this point in time, I was deselecting the USA MSE when using Spain MSE.

I started to note seeing it was building every time I opened P3D. Could I have a faulty blg file?

load.jpg&key=eed7cb36f9538d7c6c28a1f8def

I dismissed it as it lasts for around 2 seconds. But then I noticed no matter what I did it was there.

Then last Friday I got a crash in flight. Sunday I did 3 flight with no problems. Monday 2 flights 2 inflight crashes.

So anyway tonight I will finish up and very clean new 4.5 install and fingers crossed.

Jim, A question for you.

I want to move my PR below Orbx OLC etc. once I've got scenery in the order I want is there a way to back this up. So if things get changed around I can use my back up? can I back it up? is it the "scenery.cfg." ?

As always thanks for your time Jim.

David.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW when I quote I offed get the error above I use chrome when I get the error above I can never edit them. 😪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you using Lorby_Si's Addon Manager?  If so, this excellent program has a backup/restore feature under one of the tabs.  There should be NO add-ons listed in your scenery.cfg unless you do not want to make an add-on xml for that scenery.  I don't have any orbx/ftx product installed but heard they were going to change their installer to install their products using the addon.xml method required by Lockheed. 

Monday you say you had two in-flight crashes where the same flights were successful the days before.  What was the cause (by looking in the Event Viewer or AppCrashView).  Was it the kernelbase.dll?  Again, that is a system file and does not belong to P3Dv4.5.  When something goes wrong with an add-on, then this .dll may be thrown.  It might show P3DV4 was running but I can assure you that it was running but one of the add-ons caused the crash.  It would be nice if the crash report would show "Scenery PR" as the program running so you would know exactly what scenery was causing the problem.

I would NOT reinstall P3DV4.5.  Your issue is with the P3D.cfg, one of the two dll.xml's, or one of the sceneries (and not one shown in the scenery.cfg as that only loads the default scenery).  Only the ones listed in Prepar3DV4 Add-ons.  This is why I say you should move the contents of this folder (not the folder) to a temp folder.  You do this just to find out if it is a scenery causing your issue.  The same with the dll.xml's.  You just disable them to see if it is one of the utility modules causing your issues.  Sometimes a crash is reported when it sees more than one entry of the same utility in the dll.xml.  Or you might have installed your scenery but you have another copy and both copies are loading at the same time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Are you using Lorby_Si's Addon Manager?  If so, this excellent program has a backup/restore feature under one of the tabs.  There should be NO add-ons listed in your scenery.cfg unless you do not want to make an add-on xml for that scenery.  I don't have any orbx/ftx product installed but heard they were going to change their installer to install their products using the addon.xml method required by Lockheed. 

Monday you say you had two in-flight crashes where the same flights were successful the days before.  What was the cause (by looking in the Event Viewer or AppCrashView).  Was it the kernelbase.dll?  Again, that is a system file and does not belong to P3Dv4.5.  When something goes wrong with an add-on, then this .dll may be thrown.  It might show P3DV4 was running but I can assure you that it was running but one of the add-ons caused the crash.  It would be nice if the crash report would show "Scenery PR" as the program running so you would know exactly what scenery was causing the problem.

I would NOT reinstall P3DV4.5.  Your issue is with the P3D.cfg, one of the two dll.xml's, or one of the sceneries (and not one shown in the scenery.cfg as that only loads the default scenery).  Only the ones listed in Prepar3DV4 Add-ons.  This is why I say you should move the contents of this folder (not the folder) to a temp folder.  You do this just to find out if it is a scenery causing your issue.  The same with the dll.xml's.  You just disable them to see if it is one of the utility modules causing your issues.  Sometimes a crash is reported when it sees more than one entry of the same utility in the dll.xml.  Or you might have installed your scenery but you have another copy and both copies are loading at the same time.

 

Hi Jim,

After installing all my airports last night the last thing I installed was MSE. As that..I think It was Spain south was the start of this " new scenery" window coming up every time I opened P3D. 

I loaded one MSE area at a time and closed opened P3D after install. I sat there looking at the screen with my fingers crossed lol.

All went well I now have all my MSE PR in. The only thing that P3D did was it messed the order up but then it said it was out of sequence and rebuilt itself and all is in perfect order. No " new scenery" window. 

This time and since even with SCAL/Navarda/Spain active load time are under 30 seconds so am not going to de-activate anything. 

Still not done a flight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

This time and since even with SCAL/Navarda/Spain active load time are under 30 seconds so am not going to de-activate anything. 

Still not done a flight.

When you move all of the xml's in the Documents/Prepar3Dv4 temporary folder, it does not deactivate anything.  They simply will not load.  If you open the Addon Manager, no addon scenery will appear.  It is simply easier to do it this way than to disable each addon.  You have to investigate why P3D is crashing.  Is it because of one of the add-on sceneries?  You want to be sure it not one of them.  If you still get the crash, then it is not an add-on scenery and you can return the xml's in your temporary folder back to the Prepar3Dv4 folder.  I have found that most crashes are caused by a module loading in one of the dll.xml's.  I know, for instance, that the CMeteoXml will cause a crash IF you are flying in heavy weather.  If the weather is normal, then it will not crash.  The CMeteoXml is the weather radar for Carenado aircraft.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jim Young said:

When you move all of the xml's in the Documents/Prepar3Dv4 temporary folder, it does not deactivate anything.  They simply will not load.  If you open the Addon Manager, no addon scenery will appear.  It is simply easier to do it this way than to disable each addon.  You have to investigate why P3D is crashing.  Is it because of one of the add-on sceneries?  You want to be sure it not one of them.  If you still get the crash, then it is not an add-on scenery and you can return the xml's in your temporary folder back to the Prepar3Dv4 folder.  I have found that most crashes are caused by a module loading in one of the dll.xml's.  I know, for instance, that the CMeteoXml will cause a crash IF you are flying in heavy weather.  If the weather is normal, then it will not crash.  The CMeteoXml is the weather radar for Carenado aircraft.

 

Hi, Jim, I am yet to do a flight with a new install, but I will report back when I do, sadly it seems that's not going to happen to Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Believe me, your issue is definitely not P3D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just done first flight thankfully all went well.

Using only ASP4/SF/EF with P3D HRD turned off. 

Fingers crossed.

EHAM taxing to 18C

1.jpg

Arrival at EDDN

2.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now