Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Jim Young Resigning as Forums Administrator

Sorry to read this and wishing you the best. Thanks for what you have done for our hobby.

• Like 2

Orman

Thanks for a everything Jim. All the best to you with your battle of lung cancer. My Mother of 74 has survived her battle with lung cancer and you will too. Look forward to you being around on AVSIM for many more years.  

• Like 2

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

Thoughts and prayers to you and family.  Go and beat this insidious thing called Cancer.  I know you will WIN!

God Bless You Sir.

• Like 2

I had a bout with stage 4 lymphoma this past year (May '18-Feb '19). Definitely not a fun time, but certainly not the death sentence it used to be thanks to major medical advances. Good luck to you, and feel free to reach out if you want to talk to someone who went through something similar

• Like 2

Jim, as mean as you are cancer doesn't have a chance. :wink: Get well soon. Thanks for the help you've given me in the past.

• Like 2

Vic green

Holy c a r p Jim! Hopes & prayers friend! Go kick the C's word not allowed! Drive the 'vette like you stole it. I'm assuming you own one. If not, borrow someone else's!

Clear skies sir!

• Like 2

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Jim. We'll all be waiting for your return to the forums.

• Like 3

Wishing you the best for your health. You have been and are a great admin. 👍

• Like 3

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

my wishes and prayers with you for a speedy recovery, fight the word not allowed thing.

• Like 2

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | Samsung G9 49" Curved Monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Best wishes for the future and hope it all turns out well.

• Like 2

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Just catching up on such sad news, Jim.There was me thinking of you watching Koepka yesterday. I am fairly positive after the 'hurdles' you have overcome as the Administrator here, you will undoubtedly overcome this, hopefully, temporary hiatus.

All the Best for a rapid recovery. May God go with you.

• Like 2

Jim already knows this, but he's been in our hopes and prayers for sometime now and will continue to be.  No doubt the next forum admin will do an excellent job, but I'll miss having Jim in that position.

The entire community is with you brother!

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hope a speedy recovery, and keep your faith up!.

Keep in touch, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Stay tough Jim, we are all behind you all the way and praying for the speediest return to good health!

• Like 1

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

Jim,

Best wishes for the future and God bless you. 

JL

• Like 1

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |