Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Jim Young Resigning as Forums Administrator

Best of luck in your battle Jim and thanks for all your contributions!

Scott

• Like 1

Best wishes and thanks for all your expert help

We are all much better “simmers “ because of your expertise 

xxd09

• Like 1

Thanks for all you do, I wish you a speedy recovery.

David

Everybody here in your Avsim family (that's a lot of folks) will have your back, Jim.  Don't be a stranger!

All the best,

Greg

• Like 1

Speedy recovery Jim, our prayers and best wishes are with you and, your family.....

• Like 1

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

Jim,

You can move on with your head held high...you've been a fair and honorable gentleman.

Please accept my thoughts and prayers for your speedy recovery.

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

2 hours ago, Jim Young said:

I have Stage 4 Lung Cancer and have decided to step down immediately as the Forums Administrator to ensure continuity of operations.  I will remain on the AVSIM Staff working with the AVSIM CEO when needed.

Tom appointed me to this position in November 2013 and I have mostly enjoyed my long tour of duty as the Forums Administrator.  I believe this position was one of the most difficult and challenging positions at AVSIM.  I want to thank everyone at AVSIM who helped make my job a little easier and enjoyable.  It was especially tough when Tom suddenly passed away leaving AVSIM with no leadership. Tom called me from his bed at the hospital and told me he had 'only months' left to live and wanted AVSIM to continue his legacy. It was a surprise to us all when he passed away within a month. It was Chase, Chuck Jodry, and me who got together and decided to assist Tom's wife, the new CEO, continue the legacy of Tom and AVSIM.  That role mostly continues today but we have added more members to the Board and they will have major roles in continuing the legacy in the future.

I may survive this bout with cancer (and the doctor's give me great chances) but, with cancer, you never know exactly what it will do.  I want to thank our membership for everything they have done to try to make my job easier.  I especially want to thank our moderators who put up with me for several years.  I tried my best to keep AVSIM the number 1 flight simulation website.  We still get over one million hits on the site each month and register over 700 new members each month.  Thanks too to the many developers who chose AVSIM as their site for their official support forums.  I hope AVSIM continues to grow.

A new Forums Admin will be appointed soon.

Thanks again everyone! It has been fun!

Best regards,

Jim

Pick someone you love here Jim, and my thoughts will be with them on behalf of you.  This site has kept us informed, entertained, and mostly under control for so many years, and I feel it the first of the major social media sites that built the Internet, and with a specific interest as well that most humans have, the dream of flight, but we as pilots pilot/hobbyists or just hobbyists have had something to enjoy for a long time now. 

Cancer had been thru my family, and in all the instances things improved in terms of outlook, and that was ten years ago, less pain, less discomfort, and a chance to take a break from your hectic pace and enjoy what you wish.  It is more of a chronic, treatable illness in today's world, and I will leave it at that, without divulging too much personal information.  Thank u for your articulate post!

John

• Like 1

Thanks for all you have  done for the forums Jim.  Yours was a volunteer position that seemed like real work, many times thankless work.  It is appreciated.

All the best with your treatment and recovery.

• Like 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Jim,

A bit of a shock to hear this but you have my bestest wishes for a full recovery and my sincere thanks for your past imparted information and help.

The assistance you have rendered to so many people will be sorely missed. 

I am sure there will be very very few people on this forum who do not wish you well.

Enjoy your retirement mate and PLEASE consider a comback after you defeat this monster.

Best regards

Tony Chilcott

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Jim, I'm already looking forward to your post one year from now when you are going to say: 'Cancer? What cancer? Oh, wait, okay, there was something like this...'
Fight, win and enjoy life!

• Like 1

Jim, thank you for all your hard work, skill and professionalism.

May The Lord bless you and keep you.

May His countenance shine upon you, and

may He give you His peace, always.

• Like 1

Win 11 pro 64Bit, X670 AORUS ELITE AX, Ryzen 9 7900x, RTX 4080, 64Gig GSkill 6000 DDR 5, Samaung Evo 4TB SSD.

As you know Jim, I've been there, done that and have the scars but that was 1988 and medicine has come a long way since then. Believe me - a POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE goes a long way in fighting your battle.

We have your back - you will be missed.  Get your wna back here ASAP.

Best wishes and prayers,

Vic

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

All the best Jim. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Take care, and look after your self.

• Like 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Sorry to hear about your health issue Jim.. You were good...Buddy! Hope you  recover!

Manny

• Like 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter