Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Jim Young Resigning as Forums Administrator

Quite shocked tho hear this Jim, but I feel your strength of character will carry you through no matter what you face. You have always been a fair and genuine Admin, a gentleman "To a T". A less stressful environment will help you to focus all your positive energy toward a speedy recovery I'm sure. All my very best to you on your path through treatment. 
I did not mention the "C" word, it would be great if we could ban it from our bodies as easily as we ban bad things on the forums.

To your health Sir.

Sincerely Jethro

• Like 2

@Jim Young Sad news indeed mate.

Apply your body a hot fix, delete the .cfg and shaders and come back on your feet. I had prepared some topics that need some moderation ;).

Quick recovery!

• Like 1

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Hi Jim,

So sorry and somewhat shocked to read your post this morning. You have performed the frequently difficult job of forum administrator with fairness and tact, coupled with necessary firmness when appropriate and I am certain that the vast majority of forum users have appreciated this. In addition to your undoubted excellent management skills, you clearly have an immense knowledge of all things flightsim related and you have been very generous in using this to help so many simmers, myself included. We are all very grateful for this.

Now however it is time for you to devote your energy to yourself and to the battle ahead. I wish you all the best with this and send you my thoughts and prayers for a good outcome.

Bill

• Like 2

My best wishes to you for a speedy recovery, Jim.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Obviously lost for words. Battle ain't lost though. We need you around here. All the best

• Like 1

Best wishes for the future Jim.

I have fought this sort of fight ,that was in 1995 and I am still here thanks to my medical team and 20 pills daily.A small price to pay to lead a full life again.

Keep smiling through the dark times!!

• Like 1

Hi Jim,

Im very sorry to read this. They can do great things with cancer these days so I hope you make a full recovery.

Thanks for all your work on the forum. It can be a thankless task but we do need chaps like you who do such a great job.

Good luck for the future. 👍

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I wish a quick and a full recovery from that god damned disease. Get well soon.

• Like 1

Göksel Erkan

pmdg 737ngx, pmdg 777 200/300ER, asp4, asca, rextd, rexhd, fsuipc registered user.

Jim,

Unbelievible to hear this news.

Hopefully you'll pull through this. Best wishes.

Jude

• Like 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Jim, thanks for all you done here at Avsim and for all members like me. My best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

• Like 1

Cheers,
Michael

Aorus Master z390 / i9 9900KS / GTX 1070@2.1 / 32 GB Ram / all watercooled

Jim,

Best of luck in your struggles with this cancer. Know that the prayers and thoughts of many are with you and your family and friends throughout. Sincere thanks for your outstanding work on the forum. Through the efforts of yourself and many others we are blessed with a supportive, informative and truly world class forum through which as individuals our flight simulation experiences grow.

Rick 

• Like 2

Jim,

We wish you the best for a speedy recovery! Thank you for your work at AVSIM and for keeping Tom's dream alive!  

Best wishes and prayers to you!

Rich Boll

• Like 1

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

Jim

I am so sorry to see this. I just want to say best wishes to you and your family is hopes your will get through these moments. 

It is a tough fight but stay strong and positive and you will get through this.

Also

Thank you for all of the help and support you have given to the Flight Sim Community. I appreciate all you have done.

Thanks again in hopes we will continue to see you around for a long time. 

Bob

• Like 1

Jim,

You are in our thoughts and prayers. 

Grace and Peace, 

• Like 1

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam