Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Jim Young Resigning as Forums Administrator

Hang in there Jim. I'm a cancer survivor and I can attest to how amazing modern medicine is. You'll make it through this. Just remember there are many of us out there who have been where you are now and all we're still here to root for you and to care for you..........Doug

• Like 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Take care of yourself.  You have been a great presence in these forums sorry to hear about your cancer diagnoses. I wish you all the best and hope you return to full health.

• Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

get well soon, Mr Jim.

• Like 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Best wishes, and stay positive to fight the good fight! I've known friends who have come out the other side in good shape.

• Like 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Jim Very sorry to hear your news, not a nice thing to have in your life, but from what I read on Avsim you are a tough guy, I am sure everything will work out well for you, good luck

Peter

• Like 1

I'm sure you'll be around for years to come Jim, in the meantime, all the best wishes whilst you're being treated.

• Like 1

Cheers

Paul Golding

On 5/20/2019 at 5:16 PM, rickjake said:

Thanks for a everything Jim. All the best to you with your battle of lung cancer. My Mother of 74 has survived her battle with lung cancer and you will too. Look forward to you being around on AVSIM for many more years.  

Good to read this as I'm 74 too.  Thanks for your thoughts!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On 5/20/2019 at 5:57 PM, vc10man said:

Just catching up on such sad news, Jim.There was me thinking of you watching Koepka yesterday. I am fairly positive after the 'hurdles' you have overcome as the Administrator here, you will undoubtedly overcome this, hopefully, temporary hiatus.

All the Best for a rapid recovery. May God go with you.

Thank you Rick for your kind comments.  They mean a lot.  Hope to be out golfing again some day soon.  I would be able to play now if it were just cancer but I am also on oxygen and I wouldn't even last through the 1st hole!  But breathing is getting better so my fingers crossed!

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On 5/20/2019 at 7:04 PM, MarkW said:

Yours was a volunteer position that seemed like real work, many times thankless work.  It is appreciated. 

Thanks for your comments Mark.  Greatly appreciated.  Your comments were right on!

Submit News to AVSIM

On 5/20/2019 at 8:10 PM, vgbaron said:

As you know Jim, I've been there, done that and have the scars but that was 1988 and medicine has come a long way since then. Believe me - a POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE goes a long way in fighting your battle.

We have your back - you will be missed.  Get your wna back here ASAP.

Best wishes and prayers,

Vic

Thanks Vic.  And thanks for all your hard work and support as part of the AVSIM Moderating Team!

Submit News to AVSIM

On 5/20/2019 at 8:21 PM, dmiannay said:

You're a stand-up guy and a man of fine character, Jim.  You can count on my prayers as you face this trial.  Philippians 4:6-7 comes to mind during times like this, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ *******."

Thanks Doug. I enjoyed our conversations over the years.  Thanks for your membership!

Submit News to AVSIM

On 5/20/2019 at 10:32 PM, HUSSAR said:

Hello Jim,

What a shock to be reading this news.  You are a fighter and you will win this battle, stay positive and know that you will be back among us one day.

Take care,

Robert

Thanks Robert for your thoughts and thank you for the advice and assistance you have given me over the years.

Submit News to AVSIM

On 5/20/2019 at 9:35 PM, SpiritFlyer said:

Dear Jim,

Just read this and am still reeling in shock. I am so sorry, but as others mentioned this is a different day and age for care and treatments of cancer. Your recovery is my hope and prayer.

Thank you for your contribution to this precious community. You have managed us well, under many difficult circumstances. Thank you for your continuing service.

Spirit Flyer

Stephen Wilcox

Thanks Stephen for your kind comments.  As your successor as Forum Admin, it was not easy to fill your shoes.  I really enjoyed meeting you and working with you as a Moderator.  Thanks to for your thoughts and prayers.  I will someday make it.

• Like 1

Submit News to AVSIM

On 5/21/2019 at 1:42 AM, jcomm said:

Jim,

what can I say / write other than that I Sincerely Wish you the Best  recovery from this situation, which I am sure a person like you will know how to deal with, after all.

My most Positive Thoughts are with you Jim !

Thanks Jose for your thoughts and wishes.  Thank you for your great service as a Moderator on the AVSIM Moderating Team.

Submit News to AVSIM

On 5/21/2019 at 3:54 AM, pmb said:

I decided this would ba a good occasion to make another donation towards AVSIM.

Thanks Michael.  And thanks for your many contributions to make AVSIM a great resource for flight simulation!

Submit News to AVSIM