Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Jim Young Resigning as Forums Administrator

We're keeping our fingers crossed for you, Jim!

• Like 1

Jim, allow me to add my best wishes for your speedy recovery. Few folks could have filled Allensworth's shoes but you've performed a great service to this community and we are all in your debt.

I'm quite sure you have favorite verses for hope and faith for healing so we join our faith with yours for just the result you are expecting.😊

• Like 1

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Sorry to hear this Jim , hope for a speedy recovery.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I'm so sorry to hear this Jim its horrifying wishing and praying for the best and to kick its butt! please keep us updated and thank you for all the help and dedication you have given us simmers over the years.

Edited by Silverbird
  • Like 1

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

That’s a sad thing to hear. Cancer is a dreadful illness. I’m not sure about physically, but you have a strong personality, and I know you wouldn’t give up the fight.

Wishing you a quick recovery!

• Like 1

On 5/29/2019 at 12:12 AM, N400QW said:

Jim, allow me to add my best wishes for your speedy recovery. Few folks could have filled Allensworth's shoes but you've performed a great service to this community and we are all in your debt.

I'm quite sure you have favorite verses for hope and faith for healing so we join our faith with yours for just the result you are expecting.😊

Thanks Ron and thanks for your many contributions to the community too. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

5 hours ago, WilliamS said:

That’s a sad thing to hear. Cancer is a dreadful illness. I’m not sure about physically, but you have a strong personality, and I know you wouldn’t give up the fight.

Wishing you a quick recovery!

Cancer is a tough battle, but over time the battle has become more of a war of attrition, there was a marked difference between my Dad's cancer treatment and my Mom's, in terms of pain management and the way the cancer progressed, in just ten years' time, my Mom, with a more aggressive cancer, suffered less than my Dad and the cancer he had ten years' previously, and that was ten years ago so times have changed. 

I know the fight is winnable, I had a cancerous lesion removed from my forehead in '97 and it never returned, the lesions were on my hand and forehead but with modern medicine, and aggressive surgical intervention at my General Practitioners request, I was in and out of surgery, under a local, and drove myself to and from surgery having been in the skilled hands of a great skin surgeon who did not cause me any pain even though the surgery was a bit invasive, he knew exactly where and how to inject the local, even though I stared in horror as he approached my eye with the needle, since the lesion was just above my eye. 

But it gives me faith in Jim's treatment options and other disease treatment options, like those for the diabetes and pancreatic illness I am dealing with today.  One just carries on and puts the outcome in the back of one's mind, because the mind is the most powerful and imaginative healing tool.

John

• Like 1

Best wishes for a full recovery.

• Like 1

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Very sorry to hear about your cancer, Jim.  Keep a good attitude, a healthy sense of humor, and fight it as hard as you can.  Best wishes for a full recovery.

• Like 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.