Jim Young

Jim Young Resigning as Forums Administrator

On 5/20/2019 at 8:21 PM, dmiannay said:

You're a stand-up guy and a man of fine character, Jim.  You can count on my prayers as you face this trial.  Philippians 4:6-7 comes to mind during times like this, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ *******."

Thanks Doug. I enjoyed our conversations over the years.  Thanks for your membership!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

On 5/20/2019 at 10:32 PM, HUSSAR said:

Hello Jim,

What a shock to be reading this news.  You are a fighter and you will win this battle, stay positive and know that you will be back among us one day.

Take care,

Robert

Thanks Robert for your thoughts and thank you for the advice and assistance you have given me over the years.

On 5/20/2019 at 9:35 PM, SpiritFlyer said:

Dear Jim,

Just read this and am still reeling in shock. I am so sorry, but as others mentioned this is a different day and age for care and treatments of cancer. Your recovery is my hope and prayer.

Thank you for your contribution to this precious community. You have managed us well, under many difficult circumstances. Thank you for your continuing service.

Spirit Flyer

Stephen Wilcox

Thanks Stephen for your kind comments.  As your successor as Forum Admin, it was not easy to fill your shoes.  I really enjoyed meeting you and working with you as a Moderator.  Thanks to for your thoughts and prayers.  I will someday make it.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2019 at 1:42 AM, jcomm said:

Jim,

what can I say / write other than that I Sincerely Wish you the Best  recovery from this situation, which I am sure a person like you will know how to deal with, after all.

My most Positive Thoughts are with you Jim !

Thanks Jose for your thoughts and wishes.  Thank you for your great service as a Moderator on the AVSIM Moderating Team.

On 5/21/2019 at 3:54 AM, pmb said:

I decided this would ba a good occasion to make another donation towards AVSIM.

Thanks Michael.  And thanks for your many contributions to make AVSIM a great resource for flight simulation!

We're keeping our fingers crossed for you, Jim!

• Like 1

Jim, allow me to add my best wishes for your speedy recovery. Few folks could have filled Allensworth's shoes but you've performed a great service to this community and we are all in your debt.

I'm quite sure you have favorite verses for hope and faith for healing so we join our faith with yours for just the result you are expecting.😊

• Like 1

Sorry to hear this Jim , hope for a speedy recovery.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm so sorry to hear this Jim its horrifying wishing and praying for the best and to kick its butt! please keep us updated and thank you for all the help and dedication you have given us simmers over the years.

Edited by Silverbird
  • Like 1

That’s a sad thing to hear. Cancer is a dreadful illness. I’m not sure about physically, but you have a strong personality, and I know you wouldn’t give up the fight.

Wishing you a quick recovery!

• Like 1

On 5/29/2019 at 12:12 AM, N400QW said:

Jim, allow me to add my best wishes for your speedy recovery. Few folks could have filled Allensworth's shoes but you've performed a great service to this community and we are all in your debt.

I'm quite sure you have favorite verses for hope and faith for healing so we join our faith with yours for just the result you are expecting.😊

Thanks Ron and thanks for your many contributions to the community too. 

5 hours ago, WilliamS said:

That’s a sad thing to hear. Cancer is a dreadful illness. I’m not sure about physically, but you have a strong personality, and I know you wouldn’t give up the fight.

Wishing you a quick recovery!

Cancer is a tough battle, but over time the battle has become more of a war of attrition, there was a marked difference between my Dad's cancer treatment and my Mom's, in terms of pain management and the way the cancer progressed, in just ten years' time, my Mom, with a more aggressive cancer, suffered less than my Dad and the cancer he had ten years' previously, and that was ten years ago so times have changed. 

I know the fight is winnable, I had a cancerous lesion removed from my forehead in '97 and it never returned, the lesions were on my hand and forehead but with modern medicine, and aggressive surgical intervention at my General Practitioners request, I was in and out of surgery, under a local, and drove myself to and from surgery having been in the skilled hands of a great skin surgeon who did not cause me any pain even though the surgery was a bit invasive, he knew exactly where and how to inject the local, even though I stared in horror as he approached my eye with the needle, since the lesion was just above my eye. 

But it gives me faith in Jim's treatment options and other disease treatment options, like those for the diabetes and pancreatic illness I am dealing with today.  One just carries on and puts the outcome in the back of one's mind, because the mind is the most powerful and imaginative healing tool.

John

• Like 1

Best wishes for a full recovery.

• Like 1

Very sorry to hear about your cancer, Jim.  Keep a good attitude, a healthy sense of humor, and fight it as hard as you can.  Best wishes for a full recovery.

• Like 1