Sign in to follow this  
HaraldG

Dushanbe to Beijing

Hi,

these are from a flight from Dushanbe, Tajikistan, to Beijing (A_A Sceneries' new masterpiece). Due to high fuel consumption of my preferred plane I had to find a place to refuel, and I did chose Altai in south-western Mongolia.

Dushanbe:

FOVVbow.jpg

hlxj0Fi.jpg

See all these venerable planes...!

kvBVv31.jpg

Probably Tajikistan Airlines' last Tu-134, ready to be scrapped 😥:

yyFJZtr.jpg

Pamir's summits: Ismail Somoni Peak (former Pik Kommunizma) and Korshenevskoy:

13y54mV.jpg

And then Altai: Literally the Middle of Nowhere:

KmRgY4I.jpg

En route again: Mongolian Steppe:

V69DS8b.jpg

VYhMuWG.jpg

Near Beijing; beginning the ILS 36L approach:

vThpjJC.jpg

GvTIKAp.jpg

Beijing smog:

U8nZApd.jpg

9f4tynm.jpg

lJBYmlG.jpg

Finally there:

BTfiYsn.jpg

yucPONv.jpg

Regards,

Harald

• Like 6

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

I'm glad your plane's high fuel consumption (let me recall, "....consumes Kerosene the way a Siberian drinks Vodka...)...🙂...takes you to all these exotic places just to refuel! BTW, many years ago, my long-time (American Taxi) driver was a Mongolian, who used to travel home (Ulaanbaatar) regularly, and tell me about the bitter-cold winters of Mongolia...I could trust him at 3am in a Chicago for a O'Hare Pick up...

I notice Altai is far south-west of Ulaanbaatar...but, as you say, probably in the middle of nowhere...

Nice pictures, all; especially liked (a) the banking ILS capture shot (b) the night-cockpits of the Russian Green

Great series, Harald; that Tu-134 is such a unique plane.

John G.

Thanks P_7878 and you both Johns for commenting.

Tu-134: The plane that looks well, sounds terrific and consumes... you, P_7878, said it. Once I even planned a emergency landing due to lacking fuel at Robinson Crusoe Island. (Juan Fernandez Archipelago in the Pacific Ocean near Chile; on a flight Isla de Pascua to Santiago de Chile. Fortunately, a strong tailwind saved me this experience.)

Regarding the green interior colour: This was meant to be nerve-saving for the pilots, but another forum member compared it with a hospital toilet.

Regarding Altai: Instead of "at the middle of nowhere", we say in German "am Arsch der Welt", what means as much as "in the back of beyond"; and then we add: It's not just there, but it (the back - I hope this is not too explicit) can be clearly seen shining through the clouds already. The scenery is available here in the library (gobi_altai_zmat.zip); you can check it out easily! 🤣

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Wonderful set Harald! 😍

Great to see the superb Beijing scenery. I hope AES will do the right thing and support it.

3 hours ago, HaraldG said:

Regarding the green interior colour: This was meant to be nerve-saving for the pilots, but another forum member compared it with a hospital toilet.

Regarding Altai: Instead of "at the middle of nowhere", we say in German "am Arsch der Welt", what means as much as "in the back of beyond"; and then we add: It's not just there, but it (the back - I hope this is not too explicit) can be clearly seen shining through the clouds already. The scenery is available here in the library (gobi_altai_zmat.zip); you can check it out easily! 🤣

As they say, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"...

I guess we're a bit spoiled by the sleek and shine of the modern A-/B- cockpits...But, the old is still gold, at least for some of us...BTW, I said I "liked" it, but didn't say it's "beautiful"...🙂...

And, I'm still figuring out, Harald, "in the back of beyond"....🙂...

Good travelogue, nonetheless...!

• Like 1

Thanks Ed for commenting. Regarding AES for Beijing: "Hope is nice, but not effective." However, Beijing is indeed superb even without AES; I'll have to explore the scenery at day next time. Maybe for a flight to Pyongyang...

P_7878: I strictly fly no plane with a sidestick in its cockpit (A). Boeing, however, is another deal.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Now this is some exotic stuff! I have fond memories of the PT Tu-154 on FS9. Now I'm fully on P3D4, I am desperate for some Russian metal.

• Like 1

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 32 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 2080 TI OS : Win 10 PRO Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, 2x Saitek Radios, 1x Saitek Multipanel, 1x Saitek Proflight Switch, Custom homecockpit.

On 5/23/2019 at 11:38 PM, TopGun33 said:

I am desperate for some Russian metal

... the reason why I'm still on FS9. Thanks for commenting, Guillaume!

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

***Wonderful Series***

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick