Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Anyone has an opinion on this 5K 49" Widescreen Philips Monitor?

Philips Brilliance 499P9H 49" SuperWide Curved Monitor,

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Brilliance-499P9H-SuperWide-5120x1440/dp/B07MCMFRK8/ref=pd_sbs_504_6/141-3715029-6193705?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07MCMFRK8&pd_rd_r=c58621e6-7b46-11e9-985f-5d3a71b469ca&pd_rd_w=ijTnX&pd_rd_wg=2Xdyl&pf_rd_p=588939de-d3f8-42f1-a3d8-d556eae5797d&pf_rd_r=YD6XHVG3M1KNZ721M8JF&psc=1&refRID=YD6XHVG3M1KNZ721M8JF

https://www.techspot.com/products/monitors/philips-499p9h.199168/

I currently use the the Dell 3 X 24" monitor with a vertical resolution of 1200 pixel lines.  I am generally happy with it...

Trying to see what could improve on that. Looked at the 49" Samsung but the vertical height of 1200 didn't seem great...but this new one seems good. NOTE: its only 60Hz. It's VA Panel instead of IPS Panel (Need to see what the difference is ). Adaptive sync... Not sure what that is.

With this monitor in the front and two x Dell 24" for the left window and right window seems possible... Never used the P3Dv4.5's multi monitor setup.

Any ideas, suggestion, opinions, advice, thoughts anything? :)

Manny

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

14 hours ago, Manny said:

Any ideas, suggestion, opinions, advice, thoughts anything?

May be worth waiting for this one: https://www.144hzmonitors.com/monitors/samsung-c49rg90-review/ 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/business/monitors/monitor-crg90/lc49rg90ssuxen/

Same resolution, much higher refresh rate (for what it's worth with flight sims) and better HDR.

Edited by vortex681
  • Upvote 1

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

14 hours ago, Manny said:

There is a Dell 49" with the same resolution as well... Dangit! where have I been?

https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/31/18196452/dell-ultrasharp-u4919dw-49-inch-ultrawide-monitor-qhd

Manny

And LG

https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-49WL95C-W-ultrawide-monitor

Review of Dell and LG models from LT

Edited by GHarrall
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, vortex681 said:

May be worth waiting for this one: https://www.144hzmonitors.com/monitors/samsung-c49rg90-review/ 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/business/monitors/monitor-crg90/lc49rg90ssuxen/

Same resolution, much higher refresh rate (for what it's worth with flight sims) and better HDR.

Probably much higher price too. Unless you are into first person FPS competitive online play, I don't really see the need for refresh rates above 60hz, especially when you are already taxing most graphics cards with the high number of pixels being pushed.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, GHarrall said:

Probably much higher price too. Unless you are into first person FPS competitive online play, I don't really see the need for refresh rates above 60hz

But many people do indulge in things other than just flight sims. Why limit yourself for future sims/games if you can afford it (possibly $1500-1600)?

• Upvote 1

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

16 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

But many people do indulge in things other than just flight sims. Why limit yourself for future sims/games if you can afford it (possibly $1500-1600)?

Agreed. Thats why I mentioned a use case where the high refresh would be beneficial. Personally, unless it was a very small price difference, I wouldn't pay the extra as it doesn't really suit my use cases.

• Upvote 1

USD$1300? When I initially got the Dell 24" I paid $1200 for it... I later got an ELO touchscreen 19" and paid $600 for it. and latter on added two more Dell 24" which I bought for USD $200 each used on ebay

I have been using the 3 X 24"  Dell for the front  view. 

Thinking of upgrading my Processor from the old i7-6700K OCed to 4.5Ghz which is doing reasonably good  with some stutters and texture loading issues (minor) with my P3D v4.0 (Yup I am still on v4.0). I can continue for an year with this... so I am not desperate.

Looking to see if I can continue with the above setup... until Intel's next processor or start building  an i9-9900K setup with a new 2070 video card and a new monitor for the front view.

I can cannibalize one of two PCs that I have and bring it up to speed for about $1300 (Just the CPU, MB, memory and a 2070 Video card). The thought of reinstalling all my addon sceneries and getting to make them work properly is not a pleasant thought. That alone prevents me to upgrade less than 3 year cycles. 

It's also time to upgrade the front monitor. I have a home cockpit for GA gauges 

The single 49" DELL monitor weighs about 5 lbs heavier than the 3 X24" DELL. My stand that holds all 3 monitor should be able to hold the single 49" using the VESA thingi... I imagine. I can use the 2 of the 24" fir left view and right view. I can use the additional video card GTX 1070 that I have for these 4 additional monitors. 2 X 24" side views and the 19"ELO touchscreen and the small GPS monitor

Manny

36177979703_a4b6907edb_h.jpg

Edited by Manny

Manny

IS 60 Hz monitor good enough for P3D v4? Would this be a limitation? I am not interested in any other PC game. Not into first shooter game etc.

or Should I go for the 120 HzSamsung C49RG90? In which case I may need the 2080ti videocard to run it? The 2070 may not cut it... so another $1000 add for the extra video card spec 

Manny

Edited by Manny

Manny

2 hours ago, Manny said:

IS 60 Hz monitor good enough for P3D v4? Would this be a limitation? I am not interested in any other PC game. Not into first shooter game etc.

or Should I go for the 120 HzSamsung C49RG90? In which case I may need the 2080ti videocard to run it? The 2070 may not cut it... so another $1000 add for the extra video card spec 

Manny

60 is more than enough for sims

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, GHarrall said:

60 is more than enough for sims

I noticed my Dell 24" monitors are 60hz and I was totally ok with it..

Manny

12 hours ago, Manny said:

IS 60 Hz monitor good enough for P3D v4?

Yes, if you're sure that that's all you'll want to use it for as far as gaming is concerned. It's highly unlikely that you'd be getting more than 60 FPS in P3D (other than just very briefly) so anything better than a 60Hz monitor would be wasted in that case.

• Upvote 1