Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

I don;t see ground workers anymore

What controls the ground people in P3D?  I don't see them anymore.  Is that a P3D feature?  If so - where in settings is it.

Or is it an add on scenery such as FlyTampa, FSDT, GSX, Imaginesim.

I have it all installed on P3D (latest version) but I don;t see ground crews by my aircraft anymore.

Any Advice?  Maybe my settings are not right in P3D??

Paul Gugliotta

11 hours ago, paulyg123 said:

What controls the ground people in P3D?  I don't see them anymore.  Is that a P3D feature?  If so - where in settings is it.

There is no such global / general feature in P3D.

If you only want ground handling, it is done by GSX but I suspect you are not talking about that either.

Some 3rd party sceneries have indeed some animated persons. Since you just updated the sim, I suspect you have not updated those sceneries or you are experiencing some errors and they are not displayed.

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

12 hours ago, paulyg123 said:

Or is it an add on scenery such as FlyTampa, FSDT, GSX, Imaginesim.

I have it all installed on P3D (latest version) but I don;t see ground crews by my aircraft anymore.

Any Advice?  Maybe my settings are not right in P3D??

Is there any particular airport that you used to see them, but no longer do? As Gerald said, some airports have ground crew walking around gates and stands, while GSX provides dynamic crews that interact with your aircraft. At present it's unclear exactly which of the two you are referring to...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

1 hour ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Some 3rd party sceneries have indeed some animated persons. Since you just updated the sim, I suspect you have not updated those sceneries or you are experiencing some errors and they are not displayed.

I'm wondering why he noticed the missing ground personal but didn't see the difference between addon and stock airport 😉

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

I don;t see ground workers anymore

@paulyg123 They went on strike. They didn't like the Environment they had to work under.😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, BillS511 said:

@paulyg123 They went on strike. They didn't like the Environment they had to work under.😁

good one

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

25 minutes ago, BillS511 said:

Time to pick up Rex's Environment Force then 🤡

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I loaded up FlyTampa Montreal and there were ground people there, but with FSDT KJFK there were none.  That why I am asking.  Is it a P3D default thing, or an addon feature.  And I am referring to the ground people withthe batons, not the GSX people loading planes and driving.

Paul Gugliotta

Paul, I believe the ground people you are referring to are scenery specific. In the case of Fly Tampa Montreal, there is a tick box in Montreal's option for "Animated People (Ramp)" which puts animated people at the gates as you described. I don't have FSDT KJFK scenery so I don't know if it has the same type of option. If not, that explains why you don't see any at FSDT KJFK.

Normand

Intel i7 9700K @ 4.9 GHz / Asus Prime Z390-A / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 750 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 10 Pro x64

2 hours ago, paulyg123 said:

I loaded up FlyTampa Montreal and there were ground people there, but with FSDT KJFK there were none.  That why I am asking.  Is it a P3D default thing, or an addon feature.  And I am referring to the ground people withthe batons, not the GSX people loading planes and driving.

FlyTampa KBOS has them, FT KLAS does not. None of my Flightbeam or LatinVFR airports have them. FSDT KLCT has them.

And the ones with batons are called marshallers. 

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Ok  thanks for that reply.  I couldn’t explain the randomness of it.

Paul Gugliotta