Sign in to follow this  
dnz0427

More AI Traffic

I would like to ADD FS9 AI traffic to FSX ,,, I do not want fs9 to over write fsx 

so what I am getting at  is to have more AI Aircraft , I would think there would be away to add FS9 AI traffic to FSX , I have FS9 aircraft installed into fsx , just do not have the thumbnails on some of them ,,, my other question regarding duplicate aircraft do I need to take the textures only from fs9 and add them to FSX ie , piper cub is in both fs9 and fsx,,, take fs9 textures add them to the piper in FSX change folder number and then add them to the aircraft cfg  ?? 

I have tried different tools such as AIFP3, FSX-Decompiler_v1.2, FSX-Flightplan-Converter with no luck of adding it ,,, AIFP3 has a compile and I did that it appears to me that it is over writing FSX traffic and all I get is the fs9 traffic

Thank you

1 hour ago, dnz0427 said:

AIFP3 has a compile and I did that it appears to me that it is over writing FSX traffic and all I get is the fs9 traffic

The FS9 traffic will overwrite the FSX traffic, but only if the traffic file names are the same.  You may need to change the filename when you compile the FS9 traffic.  Also, be sure that the traffic is converted to FSX format.  The presence any FS9 format traffic files will block the FSX traffic files from loading.

You would only need to rename the aircraft if their title in the aircraft.cfg were the same.

I would recommend you look at Alpha-India Group (AIG).  It's a bit more difficult to add in FSX than P3D, but you'll be getting current airline and cargo carriers instead of the fictitious ones that FS9 and FSX provide..

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

BTW, if you do decide to go the AIG route, most of the aircraft you will need are linked on the AIG forum page titled "Looking for a AI Model"

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

I went to to AIG site set up a sign in name but can not find where to download the software or what ever I need to get AIG in my FSX

thank you

Or download AI Flight Planner from the library. Use it to modify existing flight plans, or even more fun, write your own. Put traffic where you want it. Not where you don't need it. It's fun and easy. Back when I was more into FSX I built new airports all around the country and used AIFP to send planes to them.

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

2 hours ago, dnz0427 said:

I went to to AIG site set up a sign in name but can not find where to download the software or what ever I need to get AIG in my FSX.

thank you

Click on the Download: here link under the One Click Installer (OCI) message.  

OCI only works with P3D4, but the application itself with work for manual installs with FSX/P3Dv3, etc.

There is no manual that I'm aware of, but I admit I didn't look.  It's fairly intuitive if you play with it long enough, although there were points of frustration.

You'll have to download some aircraft to a simobject folder from the link I listed above.  I use a separate one titled 'AI Aircraft' to make it easy to manage.  If you go that route, you'll need to insure that you add it to your list of SimObjectPaths in FSX.cfg.

Some airlines have all of the repaints available, some only partial and you have to do some substitution.  Some aircraft give you the option for a payware or freeware AI aircraft.  Some aircraft offer both a FS9 and FSX model. 

Since the FSX version sometimes requires you merge a alpha.bmp file into the texture I mostly stuck with the FS9 version. At some point I'll update to the FSX model, but for now the FS9 model works fine.

It's more of a pain at the beginning because you need to add a lot of aircraft, but gets easier as you build your library.

I would start with Porter Airlines to get a basic feel. It only uses on aircraft and both textures are provided.

I should add that although AIM includes the ability to compile, I sometimes found it easier to use AIFP to compile.

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

okay

thank you all

I am in the middle of other stuff right now too, so it will be a few day before I can get into it all

will hit u up for help if I need it , I hope u don't mind

thank you again

will hit u up for help if I need it , I hope u don't mind

Not at all and I would think other users feel the same.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Hi All

Airernie

BTW, if you do decide to go the AIG route, most of the aircraft you will need are linked on the AIG forum page titled "Looking for a AI Model"

where do I get the planes that r in that list , I didn't see a download link I did down load the oci ,, it said it was for p3d only

is this AIG  plans planes  free programs or a paid program to work in fsx

thanks

12 hours ago, dnz0427 said:

is this AIG  plans planes  free programs or a paid program to work in fsx 

Freeware, although you can install some of the payware AI from FS Painter, if you choose.

You can still use AI-Manager with FSX, but you have to install aircraft and liveries manually.  Under the Tool option in the menu select Setting choose the option to specify FSX.

One of the columns in the message body should be 'Download-Link'.  If you hover you mouse over the FS9,  #2, or other text you will get the classic download link.

Finally, once you download a flight plan look in C:\ProgramData\AIGTech\temp_flightplan for a file titled 'AIG.xml'.  You'll want this, because not all liveries are available and AIG.xml contains the information of what livery to use for the missing one.

c9Xw1ht.jpg

Ernest Pergrem

thank you

I hope to get time today to check it out some more and see if I can get it to download / work , lol

take care

hi

I seem to have a problem to get the flight plans to show up like u had in the pic above which is not showing now

ty

hi

I seem to have a problem to get the flight plans to show up like u had in the pic above which is not showing now

ty

I think I inadvertently deleted the photo from imgur.  Below is a replacement. 

Once you have select the flight plan, hit the install button and the Flightplan Installation window with the map should appear. Click the Install Manual button and the flight plan should be unzipped to the location displayed below.

I put together a supplement to the manual for those of us who do manual installs, but I want the guys at AIG to take a look at it before passing it around.

22iWRmI.jpg

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

15 hours ago, dnz0427 said:

I seem to have a problem to get the flight plans to show up like u had in the pic above which is not showing nowty

I didn't have this earlier but here is a link to the Unofficial AIM Manual Install Tutorial that I put together.

You don't need a Dropbox account to read or download it.

Maybe it will help.

Ernie

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem