Sign in to follow this  
Guest andyjohnston

Cool FSX Easter Eggs wish list...

I thought it would be cool to start a thread for a wish list of Easter Eggs that would be cool to see in FSX...I'd like to see the Aces guys put in mysterious lights and UFO's that are subtle yet noticeable if your able to get a glimpse of them around areas like The Bermuda Triangle, Area 51, and Roswell New Mexico. Unlike shooting stars in FS9, you'll most likely going to see these strange occurrences if you're flying over the said areas.I can't think of anything else right now but I'm sure the rest of you guys can come up with some cool ideas. FS9 has been the only version that didn't have allot of Easter Eggs in the sim (or maybe I just haven't found them yet). :-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Ken_Salter

>I'd like to see the Aces guys put in mysterious lights and>UFO's that are subtle yet noticeable if your able to get a>glimpse of them around areas like The Bermuda Triangle, Area>51, and Roswell New Mexico. Unlike shooting stars in FS9,>you'll most likely going to see these strange occurrences if>you're flying over the said areas.I remember Flight Unlimited III had a "quest" that involved flying to a place with crop circles, and a UFO would rise up. :-)

Guest andyjohnston

Back in older versions of Flight Sim, there were a lot of landmark buildings that seemed to disappear in FS-2004. Things like the Leaning Tower I've never been able to find in this version, though I could in older ones. I'd like to see them put back, and lots more of them, if possible.

Guest Water Mango

Even though the Leaning Tower is not exactly an Easter Egg, I'd like to see the Capital Records building return to North Hollywood and the Santa Monica Pier...Now back to Easter Egg ideas (I need more time to think about this one)... :-)

Guest Bell206freak

The Leaning Tower of Pisa is in Flight Simulator 2004. You just have to look closer.Speaking of Los Angeles landmarks, I wonder why Microsoft left out Beverly Center, or Cedars-Sinai Medical Center that's just across the street from it.They also forgot CBS Television City, ABC Television Center, Disneyland, Universal Studios, the LaBrea Tar Pits.. LOL..

Seeing mulder and scully behind the controls of a F18 chasing down a ufo. Gary

Well, if we knew about them ahead of time, would they really be easter eggs? I prefer to find the "programmer's" easter eggs - the picture of the development team on the interior texture of a building... the silly (Help... > About...) keystroke-invoked message from a developer. Something truly hidden and essentially unrelated to the program itself. Cute little tricks like the Bermuda Triangle and UFO's would be fun to see, but depending on how they are programmed, could be difficult to reproduce, leading to skeptical crowds... not that ANYone who uses flight simulator forums are skeptical... :)

Guest sclincoln

I don't remember that one. I do remember going to find Bigfoot though. In the original Flight Unlimited II, there was also an escape from Alcatraz mission.

Guest tdragger

Considering the fact that adding a "developer Easter egg" is grounds for termination, I doubt you'll see any in FSX.

Guest Water Mango

:-hangWell that sucks concidering there's been Easter Eggs in every other version of Flight Simulator. I hate when you guys act as if we're stupid or something (no one got teminated in the last 20+ years for Easter Eggs). :-hmmm

The difference is that they were planned, not programmed/planned by a single person or a few people.Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development TeamActive Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter

Guest tdragger

Microsoft has to foster a reputation of trust with its customers and part of that is ensuring that there's no "undisclosed" code or content in the products they buy. One only has to peruse recent headlines to understand why this important. Sorry if I offended you but this is something the company takes very seriously for *all* our products, games included.

What are you talking about? Since when is there "easter eggs" in flight sim :-hmmm