Sign in to follow this  
Rasterfahnder

REX Sky Force technical update 2.2 available

Maybe it is the 8x MSSA?  Clearly if others are not experiencing this then it must be related to my system or a setting.  But for the record as I have already stated, I dont get this issue using ENVTEX or ASCA <1024 textures, and as soon as I clear the weather the FPS are restored if using SF textures 1024 or greater. I can easily maintain v high FPS in demanding scenery.

Rather than hijack this thread I will do some research and open a thread at REX, many thanks 

5 minutes ago, kand said:

Maybe it is the 8x MSSA? 

It's not that.

Hope you can sort it.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Got this from the manual:

"

With OR without the REX weather engine:
Step 1 – Start Sky Force and minimize.
Step 2 – Start your flight simulator and fly. The
3D cloud model sync function will
automatically engage during flight.

"

Since I've installed cloud models those low level and thin stratus clouds and/or small individual (lots of them) puffy cumulus never appeared again in my P3D. It was common to appear before using REX SkyForce and nowadays it's so repetitive to have high FL clouds with (usually) several thousand feet thickness.

It happens no matter I keep the program open in background or not. I understand that since I have once installed the models they will keep there forever. But will they change automatically (program running background) even with selected options untouched?

How can I have a better mix of low and high clouds, depending on the reported weather? Is this a limitation of SkyForce?

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

On 5/22/2019 at 8:00 AM, DJJose said:

Despite all the negative publicity REX has received  here at AVSIM, I would still highly recommend REX SkyForce 3D to any new user who wants the best looking clouds & structures, as well as the sky colors. The best weather engine is till ASP4!

I completely agree.

Greg

• Upvote 1

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

I hope some of you can help.

I have installed REX SKY FORC 3D again because it took ages to inject the weather into th P3D V3.4

it has always worked properly, but seeing this proiblem I have decided to uninstall it and reinstall again. Once finished the installation it says that I need to install the upodated version 5.0.2019.0514. When clicking where indicated a message popup to tell me that the page does not exist, with 404 error. so, impossible to update my product. 

I tried to fly with the old version but the QNH indicated in IVAO does not correspond to reality, ad example, with a QND 1020 at LEMD today, my aircraft showed an altitud of the airport of 2400 feet, where the correct number of feet should be 2020.... 

no reality with wheather at all, raining when no rain is indicated.

please help.... i do not know what to do. Where can I download the version 0514?

my email: rovaric@gmail.com 

thanks

Rick

Edited by rovari
to insert email address

Rick,

You do realize you posted to a thread that is over 1.5 years old! Not many people will see this post.  Its best to start a new post in the forum.

As for our questions, Rex had announced they had been having issues in the last few weeks with obtaining the METAR data from their data sources so this could be the reason why the displayed data is not synced.

This is what they posted on Discord on 3rd Feb:

Approximately a week ago the systems that we use to download current weather data from NOAA stopped. Our team has been working feverishly to develop a new and improved process to replace this internal system. During this process we have noticed that the data we are receiving includes many artifacts that causing the new data import to fail. In addition, this has delayed the releases of several upcoming builds of our software. We hope to have this issue resolved by this weekend. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. We will continue to keep everyone advised on the status of this situation. The REX Development Team SERVICES/PRODUCTS AFFECTED: REX 6 – Weather Force 2020 REX 5 – Sky Force 3D REX 5 – Environment Force REX 4 – Texture Direct with Soft Clouds REX 4 – Texture Direct REX 4 - Weather Architect REX 3 – Essential + Overdrive

And further to this, they continue to have server hardware issues that they are addressing.More disruption and outages are expected for the next 2 weeks in Feb.

For the Rex Skyforce 3D installers, you will need to pop over to the Rex site and request a download.

http://rexsimulations.com/support.html

Edited by aldridgem

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!