Sign in to follow this  
Paul_

Bob Sidwick from RC Simulations has sadly passed away

I have just heard the very sad news that Bob Sidwick of RC Simulations in Bristol UK has passed away after a short illness on 19th May 2019

Bob was one of the very first pioneers of Flight Simulation and will be very sadly missed within our community ... 

This is and will be a huge shock to all within the Flight Sim World 

An ambassador and a true gentleman .... 

I am sure everyone will join me in sending our heartfelt condolences to Carol and Bob’s family 

Rest in Peace Bob .... you will be very sadly missed my friend 

Paul 

Edited by Paul_

Bob will be sorely missed.

He was an unsung hero of the simming world, particularly in Britain and Europe. He gave many new developers their first leg up and was instrumental in getting many started and/or connecting the right people. He worked with everybody from Saitek to the first time hobby developer working in their back bedroom. 

Often a product would appear or a project take off and there was Bob, quietly making it all happen. Lots of the stuff we hold dear, he was their early on giving it a helping hand when nobody else believed.

He had boundless enthusiasm for flying, simulation, it’s developers and community. He was fair, generous and understanding often to the point of being out of pocket to help, he offered us space on his air show stands when we couldn’t afford our own and too many kindnesses to list.

I’ll miss his long rambling chats on the phone and probably expect him to amble round the corner of every hangar and development meeting.

Rest in peace

• Upvote 2

I when to Bob's funeral today. It was both a happy and a sad occasion.

He will be greatly missed by all.

To me Bob was and always will be Mr flight simulation. He helped me a lot.

Thanks Bob

Happy landings

I bought my Saitek rudder pedals from his little shop in Brislington, still use them to this day. He was a very friendly helpful person. He showed me around a rig he had set up out back, and we discussed everything sim.

Rest in peace Bob.

Luke Pype