Sign in to follow this  
Guest JohnEGPF

User demo for FSX

When FSX is released I think it would be VERY useful to have a downloadable demo that we can try out on our PC's (like Captain Sim do ttp://www.captainsim.com/products/c130/) so that we'll have a rough idea what to expect before we buy.I remember when I had FS8 and bought FS9 only to get postcards. :-jumpy It took a while before I could afford a new graphics card.

Regards, Django EGLL.

| BMS | DCS OB | A-10C II | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | FC3 | Persian Gulf | Supercarrier | Tacview | XP11 | FF A320 | FF 757 |

| I7-9700K + NH-D15 | RTX3080Ti 12GB | DDR4-3200 16GB | Aorus Z390 Ultra | 2X Evo 860 1TB | 850W | Torrent Case |

| Warthog HOTAS + CH Pedals | 32" TV 1080p 60Hz | TrackIR5 |

Guest tdragger

We also think this would be very useful. ;)

Guest Bell206freak

I doubt that'll ever happen. Over 2/3rds of most computer users still have a dial up connection to the internet (I do). Not only that, FS 2004 installs at 2GB over 4 CDs.. With word that the installation media being DVD now, that makes the idea impractical.

Will we be able to download the E3 demo? :(

>I doubt that'll ever happen. Over 2/3rds of most computer>users still have a dial up connection to the internet (I do).>Not only that, FS 2004 installs at 2GB over 4 CDs.. With word>that the installation media being DVD now, that makes the idea>impractical.Umm, you could easily do it by just including a small area (say the immediate KSEA area...) Demos for other games don't give you the whole game, just a single level or two.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest sclincoln

>Over 2/3rds of most computer>users still have a dial up connection to the internet (I do).Even in the US, I believe that broadband has overtaken dial-up. In many other wired countries, like S Korea (where I live), 1/4 of the entire population has broadband access.

Guest hypostomus1

Besides, it'll be released to magazines to put on their cover discs. I believe FS is the world bestseller for leisure software so I suspect they'd jump at the chance. We'd probably all buy a copy and their's millions of other people who don't visit any FS forums or download any addons so that would be their only exposure to the new product.Chris

Speaking of E3, I wonder which day or what time the FSX thing will be.I hear the G4 cable TV network is going to show E4 in its entirety.Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

And no one saw 'tail dragger's' little wink?? Who knows what that ment, but ******* h.You guys are amazing!:-abduct

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Guest tdragger

Geez. Maybe I'm being too subtle...

In the US an estimated 40% of all internet connections is broadband, and that includes corporate lines which are almost all broadband by now.If in the ROK 1/4 of the population has broadband access, that means that maybe 10% of the homes has such access. Those figures include those people who have access only at work and count multiple people in a single household separately so a family with 5 children would count as 7 people...

Loud and clear here. - Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest TomLiAirplane

When FSX is released, why would you just try the demo?Heck, I would just head to Wal-Mart!And I would definitely get a new system (at least wait until Vista comes out):D :D :D

I'm hoping the demo is available prior to release, and I'm also hoping E3 is a catalyst for new information. Should be an interesting summer.Ian.

Guest JohnEGPF

"Geez. Maybe I'm being too subtle..."Yes you are please stop it;) , I need to know when to order another 2 speakers.John