Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

Drzewiecki releases Chicago Airports X

Curious how performance is. This is a pretty demanding area with downtown Chicago and all of the airports nearby.

I'm inbound from DEN to ORD now, will report back if I don't CTD.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

If anyone is using this + city scenery in VR would appreciate some feedback.. hesitant to spend the $$ as I suspect performance will be an issue.

Tom Moretti

Intel i7-7700k @ 4.8 Ghz - MSI Z270 Gaming M5 - 16GB DDR4-3200 Gskill - Nvidia GTX1080 - Corsair H100i V2 - 500GB Samsung 960 EVO m.2 - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

It's pretty solid,the performance on final to 10L with the City X was pretty good and the visibility was low due to storms. I need to explore more and I had to use charts because of all this new configuration of runways and taxiways. I knew FSDT's ORD pretty well and was sort of lost here. Like I said, for the first flight in, at night and not exploring much it was great. I will support both DD and FSDT so I'll be getting both.  

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

8 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Same here. Waiting for some of the initial reviews. Been waiting for an updated KORD and tired of waiting on FSDT to finish their version. PBR for GSX seems to be taking priority over O'hare. 

I don't know why this urban legend keeps spreading. The PBR GSX update being late is entirely MY fault because, instead of just taking our old textures and adding the missing metalness, which is what most of the PBR stuff you have seen so far is made, I made the crazy decision of remodeling almost every object, to have a PROPER PBR behavior and detail, and many models in GSX were showing its age. 

O'Hare is made by other people, and the only thing affected *by* it, is that Basel instead has been delayed (we reassigned the guys that work on Basel to O'Hare for the time being), since we'll release O'Hare first, and much sooner than most people expects.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

I have the new Chicago X by Drz..   it is awesome. And has amazing details of many buildings.  There is really no performance hits on your computer. Runs something. My only criticism is the buildings are so detailed,  but there is no details on the streets.  Looks like a major city with dirt roads.  But it is a masterpiece

Anyone know which KMDW is netter? Flytampa or Drzewiecki?  Both are powerhouses in the scenery addons

For the Chicago Airports which I did not get yet = I have Flytampa KMDW.  I would like to keep FT KMDW for now.   Is there a way not to install Drzeweicki KMDW with Chicago Airports?

Edited by paulyg123

Paul Gugliotta

2 hours ago, paulyg123 said:

For the Chicago Airports which I did not get yet = I have Flytampa KMDW.  I would like to keep FT KMDW for now.   Is there a way not to install Drzeweicki KMDW with Chicago Airports?

Their site states that each of the airports can be selectively disabled, so you should have no problems keeping FlyTampa's KMDW.

Scott

Indeed it is possible, during installation you can choose for each airport which ones you want or not. Finally, Chicago is welcoming again in P3D after so many years of outdated sceneries.

I'll keep my Orbx Meigs Field, just because I love this airport ♥

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

WOW, FSDreamteam dropped a new video of KORD. What timing. Comments are disabled and all it states is "Very close to release". 

• Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

2 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

WOW, FSDreamteam dropped a new video of KORD. What timing. Comments are disabled and all it states is "Very close to release". 

The ground textures look excellent and more accurate than DD's imo and so are the gates, that's from a first glance. Hopefully ADE file is still something that needs to be worked on as their traffic is all over the place. 
ORD used to be my home base airport and I still fly back a lot so I know it inside and out, well sort of. I've also mentioned that I will support both developers no matter what and will choose which version I'll stick with at the end of the day. 

Jacek G.

3 hours ago, paulyg123 said:

Is there a way not to install Drzeweicki KMDW with Chicago Airports?

I don't have the DD Chicago Airports (maybe later today), but if they followed their traditional method of scenery creation then all you have to do is search in The Chicago Airports Scenery folder and remove any files with KMDW in them. The files in the texture folder are sometimes reused (though I don't know this to be the case here) so I would leave them unless there is clear evidence that the textures are not used elsewhere.  It doesn't hurt to leave them as they'll never be called for KMDW if you've removed those files from the DD Chicago Aiports Scenery folder.

I hope this proves helpful to you!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

2 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I don't have the DD Chicago Airports (maybe later today), but if they followed their traditional method of scenery creation then all you have to do is search in The Chicago Airports Scenery folder and remove any files with KMDW in them.

They did follow it and there's an option in the installer to not do so. The only thing I don't like is that the airports aren't separated from the city and everything is attempting to be installed into the Chicago X directory. I'm nit picking now as I like my files a little bit more organized.

Jacek G.

Hey guys.

I advise against manual changes in the files, the installer has been tweaked well to do all the work for you automatically. In theory those three airports are autonomous and can be separately installed but if you find any issues, just let us know and we will fix it (it is impossible to predict everything). Anyway, if you really have a need of manual file deletion 😁, you need to remember about SODE files too ( %programdata%\12bPilot\SODE\sdx ).

Jacek, two products are placed in the same folder simply to make the whole package work more efficient / share textures etc (we did the same in Seattle). You can manage everything via the installer though. An example - in our Polish Airports series there are car parkings in all airports with same car models, but airports are in separate folders so the same car texture needs to be copied f/e 4 times - that is not efficient. With smaller airports this does not really matter but things become different with large/huge/omg-amazingly-huge (KORD) airports.

Edited by DrzewieckiDesign
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, DrzewieckiDesign said:

Hey guys.

I advise against manual changes in the files, the installer has been tweaked well to do all the work for you automatically. In theory those three airports are autonomous and can be separately installed but if you find any issues, just let us know and we will fix it (it is impossible to predict everything). Anyway, if you really have a need of manual file deletion 😁, you need to remember about SODE files too ( %programdata%\12bPilot\SODE\sdx ).

Jacek, two products are placed in the same folder simply to make the whole package work more efficient / share textures etc (we did the same in Seattle). You can manage everything via the installer though. An example - in our Polish Airports series there are car parkings in all airports with same car models, but airports are in separate folders so the same car texture needs to be copied f/e 4 times - that is not efficient. With smaller airports this does not really matter but things become different with large/huge/omg-amazingly-huge (KORD) airports.

Thanks Stan! Excellent work by the way, I really like the Rosemont convention center area, nice touch! I haven't explored more, are there any easter eggs around the city? 🙂

I've installed City X a couple days ago and manually moved them to another location and re-mapped the XML to reflect this change. Then done the same for the airports last night. Quick question, will you be changing your installers at some point to not force the installation to the root P3D directory?

Jacek G.