Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

Drzewiecki releases Chicago Airports X

I want the DD strictly for the city and KMDW. ai plan on dropping FSDT KORD v2 into it. I think I will wait to buy until after ORD release as who knows if they will play nice with each other.

Eric 

stan / all

can i assume sode windsocks, variable seasons, conditional (not pilot activated) low visibility taxiway / runway / approach lighting,not exactly like seattle but almost is among the feature not listed.

for now, cheers

john martin

in reading through this post, I see SODE is mentioned.  Can someone be kind and explain what that is?  I sometimes get a pop up saying SODE is no working

Paul Gugliotta

36 minutes ago, paulyg123 said:

in reading through this post, I see SODE is mentioned.  Can someone be kind and explain what that is?  I sometimes get a pop up saying SODE is no working

Sim Object Display Engine

In a nutshell, SODE is a better implementation of smart animated jetways. It gets rid of the default jetways and uses new ones that are a lot more detailed and dock up to aircraft more precise. Just install the free program and it does the rest. Most developers now are using this method for their airports.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

3 hours ago, vadriver said:

can i assume sode windsocks, variable seasons, conditional (not pilot activated) low visibility taxiway / runway / approach lighting,not exactly like seattle but almost is among the feature not listed.

Affirmative.

1 hour ago, DrzewieckiDesign said:

Affirmative.

sode conditional visibilty lighting (taxiway/runway/approach), not triggerable (aka PAL) as with seattle ..........great news, another step to "integrity".

for now, cheers

john martin

Greetings,

I live near Chicago and learned how to fly at KMDW back in the day when it wasn't busy.  I am very tempted to add the city and airports.  I am wondering since I have ORBX Meigs airport  installed, if the city and airports would be compatible?  It would have been nice to include Meigs with the option of deleting it if you wanted a current Chicago city scape. 

Have they fixed the ILS28C yet?

Update: Fix is now on the DD forums. 

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

Have they fixed the ILS28C yet?

Update: Fix is now on the DD forums. 

I bought this yesterday along with Chicago City X.  I did a flight from MSP-ORD in the FSLabs 320.  All I can say is wow.  Very well done.  Finally a good quality ORD that was very and rendition of the city that was very good to me in terms of performance.  I don't look at frames but can say with storms around it was very smooth.  I actually landed on 28C and didn't notice an issue with the ILS.  What are you referring to? 

My only minor "complaint" is that when parked at the gate (I was in the B concourse), the windows are very transparent to where you just see emptiness through the terminal to the other side without any people.  I don't know what you could do to change that as adding "people" would probably be a waste of a resource.  In all, this is VERY good!

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

1 hour ago, cbreeze said:

Greetings,

I live near Chicago and learned how to fly at KMDW back in the day when it wasn't busy.  I am very tempted to add the city and airports.  I am wondering since I have ORBX Meigs airport  installed, if the city and airports would be compatible?  It would have been nice to include Meigs with the option of deleting it if you wanted a current Chicago city scape. 

There is a compatibility option for this in the installer.

I went ahead and bought this and so far frame rate is good. I think at KORD it might actually be better than default.

I purchased city & airports. So far not so good for me (why did I have to get sucked into VR - cant go back to monitor now).  I did some circuits around the city with PMDG 747/777 & performance seemed to be acceptable at first.  Last night I tried to fly MSP-ORD with Leonardo MD80 & got CTD with terrain.dll error when entering city area.  Did some more testing with MD this morning & was getting a lot of jumping & stutters.  Also I get some aircraft bouncing on the ground at ORD which is usually pointing to mesh complexity... I have mine dialed back to avoid that problem.  Really want to get this package running decently in VR.   

Tom Moretti

Intel i7-7700k @ 4.8 Ghz - MSI Z270 Gaming M5 - 16GB DDR4-3200 Gskill - Nvidia GTX1080 - Corsair H100i V2 - 500GB Samsung 960 EVO m.2 - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

7 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

I bought this yesterday along with Chicago City X.  I did a flight from MSP-ORD in the FSLabs 320.  All I can say is wow.  Very well done.  Finally a good quality ORD that was very and rendition of the city that was very good to me in terms of performance.  I don't look at frames but can say with storms around it was very smooth.  I actually landed on 28C and didn't notice an issue with the ILS.  What are you referring to? 

I did a little night tour of downtown from KPWK last night and was very pleased also. I'm going to do a touch and go tour tonight, PWK>ORD>MDW>PWK in my recently purchased A2A C182. 

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Me and another pilot just finished a flight from ATL to ORDnin the MD-88 and everything worked great. The scenery is very frame rate friendly and looks great. Deciding if I want to purchase the city next for a nice view on the arrival. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

2 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Me and another pilot just finished a flight from ATL to ORDnin the MD-88 and everything worked great. The scenery is very frame rate friendly and looks great. Deciding if I want to purchase the city next for a nice view on the arrival. 

Get "City", it REALLY adds to the immersion when approaching over Lake Michigan. Personally I think DD Chicago City and Airports perform better than stock P3D Chicago area with no addons.

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

17 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

My only minor "complaint" is that when parked at the gate (I was in the B concourse), the windows are very transparent to where you just see emptiness through the terminal to the other side without any people.

I agree, this might actually be added as an optional content.

The 28C ILS issue is related to the default navaids library and can be quick fixed by putting this file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7wh0xu034w8w9q7/APX24170.bgl?dl=1

into: FS\scenery\0302\scenery . We need to investigate the actual conditions when the problem occurs (it neither occurs for all users nor this occured during our beta tests).

Edited by DrzewieckiDesign