Sign in to follow this  
nantucket

Cannot Apply Preset

Matt

I am currently using P3D v 4.5 with REX SkyForce 3D. So the version of PTA I have is 2.66. I am receiving multiple errors when I attempt to apply presets from Skyforce 3D. The .ini file loads with no problem but I receive the following when I try to apply the preset:

Applying preset C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_pta_2.66.zip\summerishere.ini...

ERROR applying preset: source file C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_pta_2.66.zip\SHADERS_BACKUP\Cloud.fx not found

ERROR applying preset: source file C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_pta_2.66.zip\SHADERS_BACKUP\General.fx not found

ERROR applying preset: source file C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_pta_2.66.zip\SHADERS_BACKUP\GPUTerrain.fx not found

ERROR applying preset: source file C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_pta_2.66.zip\SHADERS_BACKUP\FuncLibrary.fxh not found

Preset has been applied with errors. See log above

Shaders cache cleared

Any help will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

You haven't extracted PTA into a folder, you're trying to run it from a zip. 

Extract it into it's own folder, then run it as admin (right click > run as administrator). 

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Not sure what I am doing wrong!!  I downloaded the file from the website to my downloads folder, extracted the zip file which created a pta_2.66 folder in the same downloads folder.  I double clicked on that folder which resulted in the PTA icon.  I then right clicked to run as admin and nothing happened??

I finally activated PTA but am still getting the following errors:

Applying preset C:\pta_2.66\summerishere.ini...

ERROR applying preset: source file C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_pta_2.66.zip\SHADERS_BACKUP\Cloud.fx not found

ERROR applying preset: source file C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_pta_2.66.zip\SHADERS_BACKUP\General.fx not found

ERROR applying preset: source file C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_pta_2.66.zip\SHADERS_BACKUP\GPUTerrain.fx not found

ERROR applying preset: source file C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_pta_2.66.zip\SHADERS_BACKUP\FuncLibrary.fxh not found

Shaders cache cleared

As you can see, pta_2.66 is now in a folder under my C:\ drive. I did unzip the downloaded file from the website. Why are the errors still showing the zip file and the incorrect location??

Delete everything you have, including everything in this folder: C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Temp

Then re download PTA via whichever way you normally download it and EXTRACT it to it's OWN folder on your desktop (or a place you will not losing it).

That should leave you with a folder called "PTA" (or whatever you've called it) with the pta.exe inside of that folder.

Right click the .exe and click run as administrator - it will create a folders and some files in the folder and the program will launch.

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

I deleted everything and redownloaded PTA.  I was not sure how to extract it to its own folder on my desktop ( never did that!!). but  I did extract it in downloads to its own folder in downloads. I then moved the extracted folder to C:\    Right clicked on the .exe to run as admin.  The program successfully launched!!. Tried doing a preset with SkyForce 3D which resulted in the following:

Applying preset C:\pta_2.66\summerishere.ini...

ERROR applying preset: source file C:\pta_2.66\SHADERS_BACKUP\Cloud.fx not found

ERROR applying preset: source file C:\pta_2.66\SHADERS_BACKUP\General.fx not found

ERROR applying preset: source file C:\pta_2.66\SHADERS_BACKUP\GPUTerrain.fx not found

ERROR applying preset: source file C:\pta_2.66\SHADERS_BACKUP\FuncLibrary.fxh not found

Shaders cache cleared

Sorry for the confusion, but I am really looking forward to using PTA but can't believe the problems I am running into. Please bear with me!!

Uninstall PTA

Uninstall P3D Client

Reinstall P3D Client

Reinstall PTA as Admin

It seems that you do not have the original Shaders installed anymore.

Do not use Skyforce yet. First try PTA with a V4.5 preset ( Adams or mine ) and run it as Admin.

If it is working correctly you can try using Skyforce.

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Uninstalled/reinstalled P3D Client and PTA - All went well.  Received a green PTA Activation successful and Shaders integrity OK.  I downloaded your PTA2-Saldo 4_5 v16 - mai.rar file. I am still the new guy on the block!! How is this file handled? Place in the PTA folder? Will this rar file be a problem? Thanks for your help!!

Just unpack the rar file and place the preset in the main PTA folder.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Placed your preset in the main PTA folder. Opened PTA, clicked on Preset - Open ( Windows Explorer opened ) with only three files in the PTA folder : Config_Backup, Shaders_Backup and Default .ini.  Yet when I open Windows Explorer on my computer all files ( PTA.exe, Config, Shader, your preset, etc) are all present. I went into File Explorer Options and checked " show all hidden Files" but nothing changed. This sounds like a Windows problem that I don't know how to fix?

Has my preset the Extension ini at the end like Default.ini ?

So extract it. 

Unpack it with WinRaR or WinZIP.

Edited by GSalden

Yeah!!! Preset has been applied successfully!! Thank you for your patience and help, I certainly appreciate it.  The big problem, I guess, was the shaders not being found? Once the preset has been applied, does PTA need to be left on or can I turn it off while flying in P3D? Thanks again!!

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.