Sign in to follow this  
enrico10999

Aerosoft Aspen extended 1.2 Winter Scenery

Hi!

I brought yesterday "Aspen extended" Version 1.2 from Aerosoft vor P3D V4.5 (with Hotfix) 

When I set Aspen with the confg tool to Winter texture and the date to 01.02.2018 I find around Aspen

these strange green textures, they do not look like winter scenery.

I think I saw some YouTube Videos about "Aspen extended" wich did not had this issue.

"Aspen extended" is on top of the Scenery library.

I am using:

P3D V4.5 (with Hotfix) 

UTX USA V2

GEX (Ground Environment)

FSGlobal Next Generation by Pilots

ORBX NA Areas (like South and North California, but this area around Aspen is not covered by them)

I tried to deactivate UTX USA V2 but there ist no difference.

Any Idea what could be the reason or a solution to solve it? 

Greatings Erik

Here are 2 Images with "Aspen extended" activated

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0q1sjp9zmbc4pvy/Aspen _01.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0q1sjp9zmbc4pvy/Aspen _02.jpg?dl=0

and here with "Aspen extended" and UTX USA V2 de-activated, so just P3DV4.5 scenery

https://www.dropbox.com/s/myu5ctae8dm3l4f/Aspen _03.jpg?dl=0

Edited by enrico10999

Maybe I really am crazy like they say, I see no problem. Areas that are mostly rocky can have melted snow, things look correct to me. Have you noticed that the non- snow areas are not squarish. they conform to the flow of the rock. Sorry, if that answer does not align with your concern. 

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Hi Enrico,

I do see some green tinged areas off to your left that to me look like light snow cover on grass. My guess is that maybe Aerosoft didn't do all 5 texture sets and left out the Hard Winter sets. I've seen this before but it's been a number of years. Might want to ask them about it.

Best,

Gerald

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5