Posted (edited)

I know you guys have been waiting to hear what our next project is. Without saying yet here are some very realistic images and video of the gear and flaps.

60855847_10156968813655731_3612220233562

60732558_10156968813630731_3986521342009

61139523_10156968813590731_2107478218071

VIDEO SAMPLE

Edited by Flysimware
  • Like 4

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I can't figure out which aircraft this could be and this is annoying me lol. But it looks like a future jewel, I'm in!

24 minutes ago, Torsen said:

I would say a Cessna 414

Cheers

T.

Indeed, one serious hint in the pictures..... 😅

32 minutes ago, TopGun33 said:

Indeed, one serious hint in the pictures..... 😅

Indeed... 😁

• Like 1

Saw it at first but compared with some pictures and did not find the similarities with the landing gear doors. Had a second close look and now we can even guess the version. That makes sense after the C441.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TopGun33 said:

Saw it at first but compared with some pictures and did not find the similarities with the landing gear doors. Had a second close look and now we can even guess the version. That makes sense after the C441.

Yeah I was doing the same... taking the hint I was comparing the gear door to real world pictures... Nice plane for sure...

• Upvote 1

Maybe this will whet your appetite..  (assuming that is indeed the plane..)

• Like 1

I'm hoping its the 421. I love the sound of those geared engines. I know there is already one available it doesn't have the attention to systems detail that Flysimware provides.

Ted

Instant purchase from me if it's a 414. I really hope we have the option to add/remove winglets and the option to use the G500/600 units from Flight1. 🙂

Can't wait to see what Mr. Bacon will do to the textures too. FSW is going to be the industry leader very soon.

• Upvote 2

Hope its not another cessna "slow"tation jet, but it kinda looked like a cj gear..the split flaps are throwing me off though

Posted (edited)

Flysimware is developing the Cessna 414A with winglets and a few other mods.

This is the first time i have shown a render in 3DS MAX with the results i was looking for without mapping and textures. This should show better detail than my 3DS scene images. Let me know if you like the new renders?

62389617_10157021817180731_1636023351661

62363789_10157021817220731_2304240174663

64274986_10157021817170731_5881711867943

Edited by Flysimware
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

There is a guy named Jerry Wagner who has posted some nice videos of him flying around in his C414, N8134Q. He also as a nice video of him flying N414BL which is a C414AW. Just Google Jerry Wagner pilot.

Enjoy

Martin

Edited by MartinRex007
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, MartinRex007 said:

There is a guy named Jerry Wagner who has posted some nice videos of him flying around in his C414, N8134Q. He also as a nice video of him flying N414BL which is a C414AW. Just Google Jerry Wagner pilot.

Enjoy

Martin

Yes, Jerry flies out of Auburn and down to Oakland seems like every other day! I'm not sure what his arrangement is, but it seems he flies 3 different 414's altogether. One is his own (with the nice Garmin avionics).  He might be a good resource for the team.

We are modeling my tech pilots C414A with mods. And we have plans to use his old panel setup and his new glass gauge panel. So i am good for resources with more help than ever. This will be very accurate.

• Upvote 1

Will the proper MP/RPM sounds be modeled correctly in FSX/P3D? As I understand it, the core FSX/P3D engine platform does not accurately model the real-wrld MP/RPM relationship. Some vendors like A2A and the Milviz C310R have overcome this anomaly for FSX/P3D. Hopefully, the Flysimware C414 will be modeled the same real-world accuracy. 

16 hours ago, Flysimware said:

We are modeling my tech pilots C414A with mods. And we have plans to use his old panel setup and his new glass gauge panel. So i am good for resources with more help than ever. This will be very accurate.

Is Joe onboard ? I really like his vids with is father and their beautiful 414

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pat Mussotte said:

Is Joe onboard ? I really like his vids with is father and their beautiful 414

Yes, that's FSW's chief pilot and tech advisor Joe in his C414AW that is the model for the C414AW that FSW is developing. What you see there is the original steam gauge panel. Joe designed a new 'Garmin' panel which has just been completed this week, and Joe and his Dad may literally be flying the upgraded plane home (from FL to NY) as I type this**. I'll leave it to Joe to post a picture of the new panel. As mentioned in the FSW post above, the intent is to model both the original and new panels. Given the unprecedented access to the real aircraft, and the involvement of its pilot, this is going to be one super outstanding FSW aircraft simulation!

Al

**Edit:  Just checked on Flight Aware and they are scheduled to land back home in NY in about two hours!  Guess that new Garmin panel is working great.  😉

Edited by ark
  • Like 2

This is really great news and a wonderful development by FSW!! Thanks for sharing this update.

Raymie

13 hours ago, ark said:

Yes, that's FSW's chief pilot and tech advisor Joe in his C414AW that is the model for the C414AW that FSW is developing. What you see there is the original steam gauge panel. Joe designed a new 'Garmin' panel which has just been completed this week, and Joe and his Dad may literally be flying the upgraded plane home (from FL to NY) as I type this**. I'll leave it to Joe to post a picture of the new panel. As mentioned in the FSW post above, the intent is to model both the original and new panels. Given the unprecedented access to the real aircraft, and the involvement of its pilot, this is going to be one super outstanding FSW aircraft simulation!

Al

**Edit:  Just checked on Flight Aware and they are scheduled to land back home in NY in about two hours!  Guess that new Garmin panel is working great.  😉

Bloody excellent news👌! time to fly a "Cessna legendary twin"

best regards

This is GREAT news. I've been a follower of S4 on YouTube for a while, and now it seems like I'm going to get to fly that same plane in the sim. That's pretty incredible news. 

Big +1 for the news about getting both the "steam" gauge version and a new Garmin panel. I don't know what they put in the panel down in Florida, but I hope it's a G500/600 so I can finally put my Flight1 gauges to work in something other than a Carenado plane.... (Would also pay all over again to get the Mu-2 updated to allow a G500/600 setup for the main gauges as well--a la Greg (P1D) before he bought the Premier.

In any event, all of this new texture work on existing planes and amazing stuff to come has got me excited.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Hi Folks,

Yeah - this one looks super good... Nice job on the renders - personally - I use POV-RAY for my models - but I'm sure 3DS has more features...

I just happened to run into Joe at KMGJ today while getting some maintenance done - nice little chat and nice getting to meet him first hand... Landing back at home - KMSV - winds were 17G22 at almost a perfect crosswind - LOL - it was fine but I'm rusty...

Mark - you're on the right track with all your efforts - nice to see you becoming a real contender...

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Upvote 1