Sign in to follow this  
Fall_guy

P3Dv4.5 and PMDG 777 Crashes

Hi Everyone,

Having re-installed P3Dv4.5 three times now.  Every time I select the PMDG 777, the aircraft selection pane,  (the one where the aircraft revolves/spins)   TURNS solid white, along with the OK button, to start the flight.  These remain solid white in colour for quite some time (10 secs)  but eventually P3D does start up with the Black screen as expected.  BUT the black screen just hangs, and I haver to restart my PC, However when I restart my PC,  P3Dv4.5 boots up and places me back at the selection window (Aircraft selection, airport, weather, time).  If I select any default P3D aircraft P3D operates and loads as normal. 

Just for your information: I have also re-loaded  latest PMDG 777, several times now with same result, and have also deleted P3D.cfg file several times with no improvement.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated, thanks for your time.

John

Specs:  Intel i7700k, 32gb Ram, SSD, AORUS 1080ti Graphic card, running windows 10

Hi There,

Doe!!!  I've been that obsessed with the PMDG problem, I completely forgot about the hotfix when I've been re-installing P3D.  I'll let you know how I get on!

Thanks for the reply

John

Whoops!,  Having checked, I have in fact been  re-installing the Hot-fix (v 4.5.12.30293).  So I'm back in a pickle.

Having completely un-installing PMDG 777, P3dv4.5 works great, I can swap all the available aircraft within the sim, all at different airport and it works fine.  But as soon as I install PMDG 777, and try to select it before launch, or indeed select it from within the sim having started  P3D with a default aircraft.  It just goes to black screen (with no Re-loading scenery window).

Regards

7 hours ago, Fall_guy said:

Whoops!,  Having checked, I have in fact been  re-installing the Hot-fix (v 4.5.12.30293).  So I'm back in a pickle.

Having completely un-installing PMDG 777, P3dv4.5 works great, I can swap all the available aircraft within the sim, all at different airport and it works fine.  But as soon as I install PMDG 777, and try to select it before launch, or indeed select it from within the sim having started  P3D with a default aircraft.  It just goes to black screen (with no Re-loading scenery window).

Regards

Try uninstalling the plane again and go to your control panel and try repairing the P3D client , content ,and scenery. Remember to install the plane as admin. Also try this: https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=123246. If this doesn't work submit a ticket at PMDG.

Edited by williebarry1

I had that yesterday....if you have EF make sure you start that first....that solved my problem.....

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

19 minutes ago, pracines said:

PMDG ticket

Not necessarily...he hasn't mentioned if he has EF or not. If so, than he must run it and tick off auto log. I had exactly the same symptoms and started panicking until one forum member told me what to do. I was just about to wreck it all and complain to PMDG. Originally thought that issue was with utLive, but I was wrong. Now all good.

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

Hi there,

Thanks for your time helping out.

The story so far, UN-installed everything (and I mean everything)  Checked all windows 10  is up to date, including the NEW update.

1) Installed P3dv4.5 (complete with hotfix) +  installed FSUIPC and controllers + SPADnext. ……………………………..  Checked P3D with various default aircraft,  ALL works great.

2) Downloaded and Installed PMDG 777 + ALL updates: ……………………………………………..  Checked P3D and PMDG 777,  ALL works great.

So to conclude,  as stated above it is NOT a PMDG issue, or P3Dv4.5 issue.  ………………   I will report back ONCE I re-install the many Addons I've accumulated, and Identify the problem Addon.

Regards

John

Hello!

i have also encountered the same problem and it only started recently, probably due to the hotfix. P3D hotfix installed and repaired, all PMDG products up to date. The screen still stays black after creating a scenario. 

I read somewhere to uninstall FS spotlights but still no avail. I did not install any new addons during this time, except a few aircraft liveries. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Regards

Franklin

2 hours ago, franklinyeah said:

Hello!

i have also encountered the same problem and it only started recently, probably due to the hotfix. P3D hotfix installed and repaired, all PMDG products up to date. The screen still stays black after creating a scenario. 

I read somewhere to uninstall FS spotlights but still no avail. I did not install any new addons during this time, except a few aircraft liveries. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Regards

Franklin

Do you have EF installed ?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

On 5/25/2019 at 1:04 AM, Michael Moe said:

Do you have EF installed ?

Michael Moe

Sorry what is EF? rex environment force? if it is yes i do have that installed...

11 minutes ago, franklinyeah said:

Sorry what is EF? rex environment force? if it is yes i do have that installed...

Try go to manual  mode and under settings flip/flap the debug option from on to off. Even if its off in the first place and see if it helps. 

Michael Moe 

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

14 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Try go to manual  mode and under settings flip/flap the debug option from on to off. Even if its off in the first place and see if it helps. 

Michael Moe 

Just reinstalled EF, flicked the debug to on and my P3D is currently showing the loading screen after setting the scenario. Running tests with PMDG 747 and 777.