Sign in to follow this  
unc1rlm

wrong simulator in load scenic library

For some reason when I click on load..it show x-plane in the lower box although I select p3dv4 in the upper menu selection...How do I change that so I can update data.

Thank you,

Bob M.

Bob M

Hi Bob,

is there Prepar3D v4 visible in the drop down box of the "Load Scenery Library" dialog?

You can choose the simulator in this dialog independent of the menu selection.

X-Plane is shown always because it cannot be detected by registry.

Alex

I see. You're using a remote computer. I would not share the P3D scenery and load it across the network. This must take ages.

Install LNM on the flying computer if not already done. Then load the scenery library there. After loading you only have to copy one file to the remote:

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel\little_navmap_db\little_navmap_p3dv4.sqlite

This contains all information about airports, navaids and more. Nothing else needed. If you have a Navigraph subscription you can also copy little_navmap_navigraph.sqlite to the remote. You can also create a batch file and share the ABarthel\little_navmap_db folder to ease copying.

See How to run a network Setup in the manual for details.

Alex

On 5/22/2019 at 10:36 PM, albar965 said:

I see. You're using a remote computer. I would not share the P3D scenery and load it across the network. This must take ages.

Install LNM on the flying computer if not already done. Then load the scenery library there. After loading you only have to copy one file to the remote:

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel\little_navmap_db\little_navmap_p3dv4.sqlite

This contains all information about airports, navaids and more. Nothing else needed. If you have a Navigraph subscription you can also copy little_navmap_navigraph.sqlite to the remote. You can also create a batch file and share the ABarthel\little_navmap_db folder to ease copying.

See How to run a network Setup in the manual for details.

Alex

I have the same issue.

I copied the file, still , the remote computer shows only X-Plane 11 in the combo box of the simulator. the "Reset paths" is disabled. The local computer haev both Prepar3d and x-plane 11.

Any idea ?

Doron.

2.png

15 minutes ago, Dbarnea said:

copied the file, still , the remote computer shows only X-Plane 11 in the combo box of the simulator. the "Reset paths" is disabled. The local computer haev both Prepar3d and x-plane 11.

Hi Doron,

look  at the menu and ignore the combo box in the scenery library dialog (ignore the dialog on the remote anyway). Can you see P3D in the menu "Scenery Library"?

You do not have to do anything at all on the remote after copying the database. It is ready to go and does not have to be loaded.

Alex

15 minutes ago, albar965 said:

Hi Doron,

look  at the menu and ignore the combo box in the scenery library dialog (ignore the dialog on the remote anyway). Can you see P3D in the menu "Scenery Library"?

You do not have to do anything at all on the remote after copying the database. It is ready to go and does not have to be loaded.

Alex

oh cool. it does show P3D database ... thanks 🙂

2.png