Sign in to follow this  
Guest Traffic

The system requirements for FSX

I'm curious about what the system requirements will be for FSX. And I don't mean what they intend to write on the box but the real requirements. Well maybe the stated recommended or optimal requirement could be of interest (i.e considered to be minimal requirements).I have nowAthlon XP 64 3200+ Radeon 9800 Pro 128M 1 Gb 400 Mhz RAM Win XP SP2?Will I be able to run FSX? And of course if we would have to set the sliders back to such a degree that FSX is not better than FS9 (with addons), then there is no point in getting FSX.

I would imagine, with that setup, that some sliders will have to be pulled back. My computer is almost exactly like yours, and for the first time, I've had to turn some settings down with the newest games, such as FEAR and Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. This is all just a guess, though. Since the FS team hasn't said anything about system requirements, that's all we can do.

Hi,Of course you will be able to run FSX, but where you will need to place the sliders is another question. I would guess the sliders will need to be somewhere around 50-75%.System requirements are often the last thing determined precisely, since typically the last stage of development is performance tweaking. The degree of success in that stage determines the exact system requirements.Take care,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

I agree with Tom and jcmisson, you WILL be able to run FSX, but I'm sure you'll want to move the sliders back some. In my opinion, based on everything I've seen and read, even with sliders pulled back, FSX will have better visuals than FS9, even with addons. The terrain res improvement is major.Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>I would imagine, with that setup, that some sliders will have>to be pulled back. My computer is almost exactly like yours,>and for the first time, I've had to turn some settings down>with the newest games, such as FEAR and Elder Scrolls:>Oblivion. >My impression after what I have read is that this Oblivion makes a heavier stress on the computer than FS9, which I find strange. My system fullfilled the minimum requirements but not the reconnended (graphics card the only part that failed). But you can run Oblivion without sacrificing very much, or?>This is all just a guess, though. Since the FS team hasn't>said anything about system requirements, that's all we can>do.I have weak memory of a statement that not even the computer available at the release of FSX will be powerfull enough. But was that just a rumour?

how about for a 1.8 GHZ P4 with 386Mram and a GEforce FX 5500oc 256mb ram card lol probably niot a chance to even install it lol

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

>how about for a 1.8 GHZ P4 with 386Mram and a GEforce FX>5500oc 256mb ram card lol probably niot a chance to even>install it lolwell ya never know, heheh.Up until about 4 months ago I ran a P4 1.8 ghz with 512 ram and a Geforce3 with 64 meg ram.Yes I think you will want to upgrade that...Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Traffic

I read a post by one of the team members working on FSX that it will take advantage of whatever hardware we throw at it.From that I take it that it will be a power hungry application and that there is a good possibility even if you have the latest hardware from the time FSX launches, max sliders might still be too much. Kinda reminds you of FS9, no?