Sign in to follow this  
rogwen

New FS9 scenery

I find that I am pretty much at an end of the photos of Canadian airfields that I have taken or collected over the years. Plus the download numbers have been decaying, along with my interest in making more scenery. Bored? Whatever. So if someone has a local airfield (not an airport, I never flew to large airports and never made scenery of them) and a camera and can provoke me into action I would be interested. Change that first sentence to "at an end of photos of all airfields I have ever been to including Canada, England, West Indies, Alaska, and Idaho".

Hi Roger,
Thanks for all your scenery add-ons. 
I'm using a lot of your airfields in my Alaska only install, & they really liven up the scenery.
Dont be disheartened, with the lack of downloads, it's certainly not due to disinterest.

Simming is different things to different folk, & as your airfields for Alaska are obviously unique, they are a little bit niche to some of us.

We all realise that interest in FS2004 is very much slowing down, but there are many of us that still use it, for various reasons, and, even though we mostly do not show our appreciation, we do value the support that developers such as yourself still give us.

Yes, boredom is an enemy(!), Sometimes we just need a bit of a coffee break or 2, 

Hopefully, this is temporary, & I'm sure that I speak for the many 'silent types' here, when I say that we hope to see you soon.

All the best regards,
Robin
Cape Town, South Africa.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Roger, those who use your sceneries (I myself use your Alaskan and Nunavut sceneries mostly) surely appreciate them very much. Wanted to let you know that, may you end or may you continue scenery making.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Dear Roger,

Now I feel it is time to say Thank You so much for your great FS9 sceneries you did through all the years. Whithout your work, my sim would be a lot poorer and exporing your airfields gave me much joy and fun.

Most airfields you developed where at places that I didn't even know they exist and the names of the settlements didn't say anything to me where on earth they are located. So I put most of your sceneries in my FS2004 Scenery Maps and without your effort the Alaska and Canadia map whould have been a lot more empty.

fsscr1979yji0.jpg

Because of you, Roger, I now know where to find the airfield of for example Aupaluk, Kugluktuk, Kotzebue or Peawanuck, Thank you.

aupalukntda5.jpg

cycoyxj2b.jpg

paot-kotzebuec9qsu.jpg

cypop0zwx.jpg

I would love to send you some pictures of Whitehorse, but unfortunately Yukon is too far from my home in Hamburg/Germany to jump into my car and go there...

Hope you will continue to make sceneries for our beloved FS2004.

Best regards

Dedl

Edited by Dedl

Count me in Roger for all of the sceneries you've made--my entire province of Ontario looks the way it does because of you. I fly out of Carp here in Ottawa, and I think I've got every airfield you've made decorating my sim. Thx a bunch again.

-certified speed-junkie and jet-junkie.

I seem to have missed something here. Looking at the map posted by Dedl I have none of these sceneries but word not allowed sure I will be downloading them now, is there one big package that can be downloaded for all or it's individual downloads?

It's amazing. I have had fs9 since it was released and I am still feeling like I there is a hell of a lot of stuff I have not found to install for it yet!! (that's a nice feeling)

• Like 1

Not even 25 years of FS2004 will be enough to discover and enjoy all the fantastic freeware material for our beloved sim that was designed by all these generous developers like Roger.

A big Thank You from me,

Dedl

• Like 1

It would be nice to be able a Base Pack of all the sceneries, so far, then we can just add the new ones to it. I would really love to have all, for my Alaskan install, but as there are literally 100's in installs, I've become very selective, as I dont have time to download all of them.

Here's hoping..

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

2 hours ago, Wobbie said:

[...] I would really love to have all, for my Alaskan install, but as there are literally 100's in installs, I've become very selective, as I dont have time to download all of them.[...]

Oh yeah - guess how many installs it where worldwide and how long time it took for me to enjoy them all...

Exactly since Eastern 2003, when I bought my FS2004. 😊  And the joy is by far not over...

Dedl

7 hours ago, Wobbie said:

It would be nice to be able a Base Pack of all the sceneries, so far, then we can just add the new ones to it. I would really love to have all, for my Alaskan install, but as there are literally 100's in installs, I've become very selective, as I dont have time to download all of them.

Here's hoping..

Add me to the wish list of a base pack of all past airports. I think this would be a great idea as many of us would love to have them all but the download and install process would be immense.

Mark Daniels

You guys, can you imagine how large a zipped package of even half my sceneries would be? So large that I would not be able to upload it. So forget a base package idea.

ZXR7R so you fly out of Carp? One of the places I flew into and out of when training from Rockcliffe.

that would be nearing 5-6 GB's or so but a backup of ontario at least..

roger i sent you a email the other day (maybe just yesterday...removed it out of my sent messdages but dont know if you asaw it or not...was gonna sk for a parry sound municipal; airport to be made but just found one...so ingore that email)

Edited by darrenvox

Hi Roger, The base install does not have to be in a single install, it could be in smaller numbered installs.

Just a thought. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...