Sign in to follow this  
av8r13

4.5 Hotfix - Very Disappointed

I am usually not a negative person, but i have to say that i am very frustrated right now with this (once) great sim.

i have been with P3D for over 3 years (MSFS since the beginning), i have never had issues when upgrading like i am having with 4.5.

- Upgraded from 4.4 to 4.5 and had the 8 FPS drop that some were reporting (used locked 30 FPS in 4.4, rarely went below 25 FPS)

- Lowered my auto gen settings signicantly and my frames went back to acceptable. was just going to wait for the hotfix to correct the autogen issues.

- Was happy when the hotfix finally came out. installed client,content,scenery as instructed. cleared shaders, deleted old p3d.cfg file

- Installed the latest versions of ActiveSky, REX EF, Black Marble, EZDOC, etc. Installed the latest Nvidia driver (430.64 from May 9)

- Result was an ADDITIONAL 8 FPS drop from the original 4.5. this was with keeping the highly reduced autogen settings. now at 9-13 FPS.

- Ran P3D without REX or AS running to try and isolate, but neither of these programs has an effect either way.

- Also had the issues with PMDG aircraft. cant load them without REX EF running (not even sure how these 2 things are connected)

I am not a FPS chaser, but obviously 8-15 FPS is unplayable. Would love to hear any suggestions. otherwise its off to DCS for the next several months.

David Myers

If 4.4 worked well for you, why not revert back to that?  What's compelling you to use 4.5 HF1 and suffer the problems you're describing?

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

6 minutes ago, w6kd said:

If 4.4 worked well for you, why not revert back to that?  What's compelling you to use 4.5 HF1 and suffer the problems you're describing?

Try simply uninstalling the 4.5. Client, and installing the 4.4. Client.

That should get you back to where you were (at least close enough to test..)

• Like 1

Bert

that is what i am going to do.

the disappointment is that i liked the night time environment improvements in 4.5

David Myers

For your PMDG + EF problems, see https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51725-black-screen-with-pmdg-planes/

Did you have EF installed before upgrading from 4.4?  It seems clear that, at least in the case of PMDG planes, there's some unhappy interaction between the EF dll and the PMDG panel code...some of the traffic suggests it has to do with debug mode in EF, but I'm wondering if a runtime library somehow got changed.  And then there's the nagging question of whether your slowdowns are related to this as well--make sure in your testing that when running without a particular add-on you also disable any dlls associated with it that are loaded via the dll.xml or add-ons.cfg files (two of each).

Anyway, if reversion to 4.4 doesn't fix the problems, I'd look hard at anything installed after you moved off of 4.4

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Dear @av8r13 from your update procedure it is not clear which version of p3d 4.5 did you test. The first 4.5 release (4.5.11) had indeed some issues regarding the performance. These issues were resolved in the release of the 4.5 hotfix (4.5.12).

The PMDG will work if you turn off logging in REX EF GUI (it's a setting).

Edited by GEKtheReaper

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Just shows you that all PCs are not created equal.

With the HF installed my FPS on " normal" scenery (non- payware airports) is around 25-30 with stock planes.

With PMDG and payware (EGLL for instance) it was at about 10 -16, and now is around 15 - 23.

Yes, I have lowered sliders a bit but I think the improved scenery rendering in the latest version more than makes up for it.

PS the EF logging setting has to be accessed from the MANUAL screen.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Something is odd in your environment, verify if you have disabled hardware acceleration via registry key.

If you have it disabled, then enable it again, this is necessary for 4.5.12 to work at high performance. And for the record we need more information to understand why you are having problems, which includes your full system specs, etc.

Regards 

Simbol 

• Like 1

@av8r13, it's baffling why you should have so many problems. As it was a point update I only updated the client, not the whole package.

I didn't delete my prepar3d.cfg or make any other changes except deleting the contents of the shaders folder.

I performed a slewing test (before and after the update) over Central London westward to Heathrow which takes 6 minutes and I take the min, max and average fps from the fsuipc5.log. That makes it objective, not subjective.

No change in fps at all. A 20% improvement in loading times for a chosen scenario. Full details here.  As others have suggested try reinstalling just the 4.4 client.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I did a painstaking full, fresh install of 4.5. Installing one thing at a time and opening closing P3D every time. wiped ASP4, DL the last full build and patch, SF new full build+patch and new full DL of EF.

Just as I had finished all the airports. FSL timing was great so DL FSL and all liveries cabins etc.

In 4.4 on my test spot for FPS, the FSL was 52 FPS.

In 4.5 same test.............................................wait for it..............................................................................52 FPS

The only thing I did note was the FSL seemed very stable with FPS fluctuating only from 49-52. 

I only run unlimited to test FPS I run with FPS locked at 24 and FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.10

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 hours ago, simbol said:

Something is odd in your environment, verify if you have disabled hardware acceleration via registry key.

If you have it disabled, then enable it again, this is necessary for 4.5.12 to work at high performance. And for the record we need more information to understand why you are having problems, which includes your full system specs, etc.

Regards 

Simbol 

Where do i find that in my registry? I looked but did not see it ?

Sorry, did a search, I believe im good on all counts.

Thanks,

Ed

Edited by Ed_S_Pilot

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

9 hours ago, av8r13 said:

I am usually not a negative person, but i have to say that i am very frustrated right now with this (once) great sim.

i have been with P3D for over 3 years (MSFS since the beginning), i have never had issues when upgrading like i am having with 4.5.

- Upgraded from 4.4 to 4.5 and had the 8 FPS drop that some were reporting (used locked 30 FPS in 4.4, rarely went below 25 FPS)

- Lowered my auto gen settings signicantly and my frames went back to acceptable. was just going to wait for the hotfix to correct the autogen issues.

- Was happy when the hotfix finally came out. installed client,content,scenery as instructed. cleared shaders, deleted old p3d.cfg file

- Installed the latest versions of ActiveSky, REX EF, Black Marble, EZDOC, etc. Installed the latest Nvidia driver (430.64 from May 9)

- Result was an ADDITIONAL 8 FPS drop from the original 4.5. this was with keeping the highly reduced autogen settings. now at 9-13 FPS.

- Ran P3D without REX or AS running to try and isolate, but neither of these programs has an effect either way.

- Also had the issues with PMDG aircraft. cant load them without REX EF running (not even sure how these 2 things are connected)

I am not a FPS chaser, but obviously 8-15 FPS is unplayable. Would love to hear any suggestions. otherwise its off to DCS for the next several months.

I had some challanges with installing and using BM Vector and Light products (Excl. Night Environment). Are they installed correctly? IN my case the scenrey.cfg got messed up. Mayby it is worth to check it out. Try /deactivate (or even uninstalling if necessary) them and test again also could isolate the problem. Best regards Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

3 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I only run unlimited to test FPS I run with FPS locked at 24 and FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.10

could you recommend a fiber setting for 

30hertz

vsync on

tb on 

frames set to unlimted.

thanks 

14ppkc-6.png

20 minutes ago, tooting said:

could you recommend a fiber setting for 

30hertz

vsync on

tb on 

frames set to unlimted.

thanks 

You don't need one with FPS set to unlimited Pete. Unlimited = Fiber set to 0.01 or some say 0.10. 

IMO you add one when you lock FPS within the sim as the Fiber makes P3D run the same as if you had FPS set to unlimited. If you don't add it with FPS locked within the sim, you will not see it put the sim works with one set to .033 = 33% of every second is dedicated to loading textures. Hence why people go from unlimited to locked they said, I lost my FPS!

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

What I would do is uninstall everything and then start from there.  I have found that if one of your add-on is not up to date, it can be a problem.  Nowadays we have so much addon we can’t track them all.  I would also delete the shaders as well. 

I hope this help.  

David