I usually add one payware title a month to either P3D or Xplane, but I've been enjoying Xplane11 so much lately that I am moving my momentum in add-ons to that sim.  P3DV4 is alright, but I just feel I see better things when I fly in Xplane11, each aircraft that I buy feels like I expect it would, and even though Xplane11 does not have seasons, it just "looks" to me like what I see when I fly in real life, at any altitude, and whether it is default scenery or photo scenery I fly over, it just looks fine. 

RealityXP works in it, like it does in the P3D world, and I like that presence of information and flight planning, that makes this hobby and my learning how to fly different from one day to the next.  I will keep P3DV4, the Lockheed Vega I have flown this past week is amazing to fly, as are many other add ons I have there.  But my preference is about two thirds Xplane11, and one third P3DV4, maybe because Laminar is the Little Engine that could, if you know that children's story, Laminar kept our hobby alive during the void when Microsoft dropped the MSFS series and before Lockheed Martin saved our memories for us, which I owe them greatly for, because of all the add ons I was able to freely move from MSFS to P3DV4, saving me a small fortune. 

Since I am in forced retirement from a terrible car accident, I was almost ready to return to the workforce, then I got run over by an errant driver who did not stop or care about a pedestrian in a crosswalk, I am flying these sims several hours a day, just so I have some connection to the life I almost lost and distraction from the horrendous, remembered pain.  Like Frodo in Lord of the Rings who was stabbed by a Morgul Blade, I will always remember being hurt.  But for me, Xplane11, and P3DV4, are my Gray Havens to enjoy, thanks to the courage of those like Jim Young and Tom who have kept our forums up for so long, for free, just because they love what we loved.

John

cKZRSqP.png
yzItHze.png
AuEcYnr.png
9bYxUD3.png
1PKYSke.png
tMgVf5w.png
7Cg3WJ8.png
zCDXupM.png
kV5OIAp.png
lJxu8nf.png
lminbb7.png
wPVsdRW.png
4BLXree.png
vS9Kp8M.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

"I usually add one payware title a month..."...That would require permission for me from the higher authorities...depending on cost....🙂....but, seriously, glad you're enjoying both the SIMs, along with some perspective from real flight...that many of us here (me included) don't have...

Beautiful plane here (could pass for a Citation) and also beautiful pictures...and, the plane's interior exudes plush and luxury, from what I can tell...!

Edited by P_7878
  • Like 1