Sign in to follow this  
Clutch Cargo

What happen to AirDailyX?

Have you checked out their site lately.  All broken links/no updates.  That used to be part of my morning ritual... cuppa Joe... check out the news sections of my favorite sites.  But this one has totally tanked.  Anyone know what the scoop is?

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

When was the last time you went there? AirDailyX has been fading away since the last FlightSimCon 2017 after D'Andre stopped in New York on the way home. I'll leave it at that and say it hasn't been the same since. I miss his interviews and reviews.  

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Just now, Woozie said:

Thanks Lars

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

welcome! He just recently came back after his new job didnt turn out as expected. I kinda missed him too, air daily-x became useless the moment he left. Glad to see his scenery preview streams returning, i based many purchase decisions on his previews

• Like 1

His new site, FL350, doesn't seem to be anything like as active as Air Daily X was when he used to manage it. As for the new version of Air Daily X, it appears to have lost its direction and has more or less abandoned flight simming in its effort to become a real world aerospace news website!

Bill

As of this morning, I see that the editor handed in the keys to the shop and took all the "volunteers" with him to start his own site.

Under the "new management", the site tried to combine aerospace news with flight sim. The result was a weird collection of articles.

• Upvote 1

On 5/23/2019 at 7:34 PM, scianoir said:

His new site, FL350, doesn't seem to be anything like as active as Air Daily X was when he used to manage it.

Which isnt necessarily a bad thing. When AirDailyX became rather insignificant, most of us turned to other sites for our daily news fix. FSElite appeared around the same time ADX went south, and it quickly became the go to place for any sim related news. 

His new site is more of a blog, focused on editorials, livestreams and podcasts. I like the direction he's taking and I dont really need another site posting news i just read 5 minutes ago 😉

• Like 1

A certain simmer with a 737 in his penthouse apartment...

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Apparently, D'Andre has gone pro. He was on the MilViz Twitch stream yesterday with Collin - he appears to be the "marketing" mouthpiece for MV.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick