Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

Vector related elevation issue at Flightbeam's KMSP

Hey,

Noticed this odd elevation issue behind runway 30L on KMSP, which can be solved by disabling Vector. However, KMSP does not show up in the AEC tool (which I've run, of course). Here you'd normally manually disable some specific files but the only file I've found, ABP_KMSP.bgl, does nothing.

Would anybody happened to have run into the same issue and found a fix for it?

mvj03lx.jpg

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Too me it simply looks like the terrain mesh resolution is not fine enough to render what a river, levee, flood plain combination would look like.  I don't think this is a problem but that is just my opinion.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

3 minutes ago, downscc said:

Too me it simply looks like the terrain mesh resolution is not fine enough to render what a river, levee, flood plain combination would look like.  I don't think this is a problem but that is just my opinion.

It works / looks correct when Vector is disabled. So I was hoping I could manually disable the specific elevation / terrain files of Vector that affect this specific airport, like you sometimes have to with various airports when clashing with OrbX regions / Vector.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

3 hours ago, Sethos1988 said:

It works / looks correct when Vector is disabled. So I was hoping I could manually disable the specific elevation / terrain files of Vector that affect this specific airport, like you sometimes have to with various airports when clashing with OrbX regions / Vector.

Run the VECTOR tool.....I think I have about six APT that elevation needed to be "corrected", some better some not, but it works, with exception of KSEA in my case and I gave up landing there since FSX time. Thought P3D would be better but it is not in my case.

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

Do you have any mesh addon in your sim?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Have you tried reaching out on the Flightbeam forum?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Under trouble shooting in the FB manager, you might find some files that need to be disabled in order to display correctly.

• Upvote 1

try disabling the file ABP_KMSP.bgl in the Vector Scenery folder

1 hour ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Run the VECTOR tool.....I think I have about six APT that elevation needed to be "corrected", some better some not, but it works, with exception of KSEA in my case and I gave up landing there since FSX time. Thought P3D would be better but it is not in my case.

As mentioned, I already did. KMSP isn't under my AEC, most likely due to being installed via the add-on method instead of the old scenery.cfg method.

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

Do you have any mesh addon in your sim?

No but I can comfortably confirm it's due to Vector, just need to find the Vector files to disable it.

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

Have you tried reaching out on the Flightbeam forum?

No, figured this was a Vector issue, so OrbX's forum would be more relevant. Just asked here as well, in case someone had a quick-fix solution, which files to disable.

1 hour ago, newtie said:

Under trouble shooting in the FB manager, you might find some files that need to be disabled in order to display correctly.

Good suggestion. Couldn't see anything related to elevation / mesh / compatibility though.

14 minutes ago, pads103 said:

try disabling the file ABP_KMSP.bgl in the Vector Scenery folder

Yeah, first thing I tried, only relevant file that came up in the search. Didn't seem to do the trick, unfortunately. Some other Vector files are at work here.

Thanks to Mr. Nick Cooper over on the OrbX forums, I found what I was looking for.

The files in question are;

2315_WTR_Waterbodies.bgl

2315_EXX_Excludes.bgl

2316_WTR_Waterbodies.bgl

2316_EXX_Excludes.bgl

In case someone should ever have the same issue and stumble on this.

Thanks for all your replies.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Glad you got this sorted Sethos.

Nick and company at the ORBX board are usually very good at getting issues like resolved quickly, so that that would be the first stop for anyone encountering problems similar to this that can't be resolved with the Vector AEC tool.

• Upvote 2

Isn't the Vector config tool supposed to solve these kind of conflicts? What was different in this case?

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

31 minutes ago, Shomron said:

Isn't the Vector config tool supposed to solve these kind of conflicts? What was different in this case?

Not every airport will show up in the Vector AEC, if the 4 letter ICAO code for the airport isn't listed in the Vector AEC enable/disable drop down boxes you can't add it manually. I Checked, and sure enough KMSP is not listed.

2 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

Glad you got this sorted Sethos.

Nick and company at the ORBX board are usually very good at getting issues like resolved quickly, so that that would be the first stop for anyone encountering problems similar to this that can't be resolved with the Vector AEC tool.

Absolutely. Sometimes you just hope, with the place being this active, that someone has the magical solution up their sleeve and can provide it quickly 😛

1 hour ago, Shomron said:

As SunDevil said, some airports don't show up there and KMSP is one of them. However, that might be attributed to the fact that it's installed via the new add-on method, which I believe AEC can't read. There's some not-so-elegant solutions to get around that but it sound like the upcoming OrbX Central might actually solve the problem. We'll see.

Edited by Sethos1988
  • Upvote 1

You do not need to manually disable files in the Vector Scenery Folders. If you have compatibility issues with ORBX or other products, you should use the Flightbeam manager Troubleshooting tab. Disabled with the sliders. 

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case