Sign in to follow this  
romair

Time to load Prepar3D v4

Hello experts

When loading P3D v4 versions (4.3-4.4-4.5 he stops at 6% during loading terrain dates. The waiting time is almost between 20 -120 sec or in some cases longer.

I am supporting other simmers and all of them have the same stops after 6% loading of terrain dates.

We always take care not to install addons which are not really approved for P3D v4. But some case we need to install older FSX sceneries but we check them if we can use it. If not, we deinstall such addons.

I recognized, that this short loading stop at 6% can also happen on fresh new installed P3D with scenery addons approved  for P3D v4.

Question: Is it possible that the P3D v4 versions have this issue mainly caused by addons? Or is there an other reason for this stop at 6% ?

regards Roger

This used to happen....with new update there is no 6% hold up per se.....hick up - but loads quickly, at least in my case and tons of add-ons and sceneries...

Alex 

Could be wrong but I think the 6% point is where Ai BGLs are read. Either that or where mesh scenery is read. I have FS Global and AIG Ai both of which have lots of BGLs.

v4.5 takes the same time as v4.4 to load from start to the Free Flight menu. But loading a scenario is 20% faster in 4.5 than 4.4.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

With a lot of people moving on to AIGAIM, I am not shocked that these load time have prolonged. This is the only thing that drives me nuts about traffic bgl's, but I can't stop myself from having awesome AI.

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Thanks for your comment. This issue is also happen without UTLive installed.

Of course there are other traffic.bgl not releated to UTLive.

Anyway and anyhow I my case this is not a very big disadvantage if the P3D after loading works well.

I would not be happy not to have AI traffic on the large airports.

Roger

11 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Could be wrong but I think the 6% point is where Ai BGLs are read. Either that or where mesh scenery is read. I have FS Global and AIG Ai both of which have lots of BGLs.

v4.5 takes the same time as v4.4 to load from start to the Free Flight menu. But loading a scenario is 20% faster in 4.5 than 4.4.

It used to be a hallmark of the Dublin scenery that we are both so fond of. I haven't checked since 4.5 update.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

1 hour ago, Jude Bradley said:

It used to be a hallmark of the Dublin scenery that we are both so fond of. I haven't checked since 4.5 update.

I flew from Dublin to Brussels with 4.5 yesterday. But there was no AIG aircraft at Dublin. I checked the AFCAD later and found runway start points at different altitudes to the rest of the airport.

Correcting those fixed the problem. Strange.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

13 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

6% Terrain mesh etc loading the AI stuff is far later in the process around 80%

• Upvote 1

André

2 hours ago, awf said:

6% Terrain mesh etc loading the AI stuff is far later in the process around 80%

Yes, in v4.4 and earlier the 6% loading holdup time was/is directly related to the number of active scenery areas. Not sure how/if this has been changed in v4.5 as I have yet to update.

Mike

I think its more related to what Drumcode mentioned above with .bgl files.  I've noticed the more bgls i add the longer the load time.   But like he said its the cost of having really nice Commercial, military and Ship AI.   

I removed my terrain mesh and it no longer hangs on 6%.  

But people should consider only turning on scenery they are flying in for that session including Orbx.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

3 minutes ago, jason99vmi said:

Have you tried flying over the Swiss Alps with default mesh? No Matterhorn or other significant mountains. 3rd party mesh makes a huge differerence to the appearance of mountains.

I use FS Global and no hangs at all. The extra time taken to load it is worth it for the enormous improvement in terrain. If your system is hanging when loading it you need to investigate why.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, jason99vmi said:

But people should consider only turning on scenery they are flying in for that session including Orbx.  

That will speed up things considerably or a fast M2 drive 😎

André

It still takes P3D4.5HF1 on my PCIE M.2 drive 2 min to fully load.  I have just Orbx Global+Vector+OpenLC NA/EU/SA and few FB/FSDT airports along with Global 2010 Mesh.  That is it.  Why does it take 2 full min to load.  That is messed up with having insane fast PCIE ssd.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

20 hours ago, Drumcode said:

With a lot of people moving on to AIGAIM, I am not shocked that these load time have prolonged. This is the only thing that drives me nuts about traffic bgl's, but I can't stop myself from having awesome AI.

Traffic bgl's don't increase the load times much at all (1100+ traffic bgls and the difference is within a couple of seconds compared no traffic bgl's). The biggest hit to load times from AI is the number of aircraft you have in your collection.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS