Sign in to follow this  
gpf3m

CTD With Orbx scenery/Prepar3d 4.5

Is anyone experiencing this issue, and if so, is there a fix?  After a fresh install of Prepar3d 4.5 with hotfix, and installing Orbx scenery, I get CTD while selecting and changing the settings in scenery objects.  This happens in the California region, NOCAL (KSTS KMRY KTVL) and SOCAL( anywhere in the LA basin, KPSP KSAN KAVX), England with TE GB South installed, Built up areas like KLAV with global installed and Global Open LC NA, KFHR, KOS, KCGX, ect. 
The errors I get is BEX64  StackHash_2264 

When running Prepar3d 4.5 without Orbx, I experience no CTD.  

My system: 
i7-6800K OC to 4.2 (stable) 
32 GB RAM 
SSD HD 

Scenery installed: 
Global 
Open LC Europe 
Open LC NA 
Global Trees 
Global Airport Pack 
EU England, North Germany, South Germany 
TE GB South 
TE Netherlands HD 
LOWI 
NA Central Rockies 
NA North California 
NA South California 
NA Northern Rockies 
NA Pacific Northwest 
KCGX, KEGE, KFHR, KFOT, KJAC, KMRY, KORS,KPSP, KSAN, KSEZ, KSTS, KTVL, KWYS, 

What does the event viewer say?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

6 minutes ago, simbol said:

Does any of these includes AI models? Or boats? Is any of these are compiled for FS9 will cause a crash with 4.5.12.

Regards 

Simbol 

Not sure I get what you are saying. Are you saying can be used in FS9? I only ask and pardon my ignorance as I am new to P3D but am experiencing real FPS issues with TE GB South being completely unusable because of the FPS loss. Was lucky to land the VA flight I was on at the time considering the FPS was between 5-9 on landing. Was expecting a CTD but it didn't happen thankfully. 

System: P3D v4.5 HF2 & XP11, Ryzen 9 3900XNvidia RTX 2080, 32Gb G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3600Mhz RAMMSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon MoBo, 500Mb Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 2x 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSDCorsair H150I Pro RGB AIO, Cooler Master MB511 RGB Case, Corsair RM850X PSUWin 10 Pro 64-bit, Samsung 32" 4K Monitor & Samsung 28" 4K Monitor T-Flight Hotas 4.

15 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

What does the event viewer say?

Where is this located?

11 minutes ago, simbol said:

Does any of these includes AI models? Or boats? Is any of these are compiled for FS9 will cause a crash with 4.5.12.

Regards 

Simbol 

All that is loaded is Orbx scenery.

Without orbx scenery, and just the default Prepar3d scenery installed, no CTD when changing settings in scenery objects.

3 minutes ago, Fresjay76 said:

Not sure I get what you are saying. Are you saying can be used in FS9? I only ask and pardon my ignorance as I am new to P3D but am experiencing real FPS issues with TE GB South being completely unusable because of the FPS loss. Was lucky to land the VA flight I was on at the time considering the FPS was between 5-9 on landing. Was expecting a CTD but it didn't happen thankfully. 

I am saying AI objects compiled with the FS9 SDK will cause CTD.

Simbol 

2 minutes ago, gpf3m said:

Where is this located?

All that is loaded is Orbx scenery.

Scenary can contain static or dynamic AI objects of all sorts, for example Boats, Airplanes, Animals, etc.

Any of these types of objects compiled with FS9 SDK can cause CTD with 4.5.12.

Regards 

Simbol 

• Like 1

Ok I follow. So is there a way to check to see if this is the case? I also came up with a thought could the EU England be conflicting with TE GB South since things being displayed in the south of the UK would be duplicated?

Jason

System: P3D v4.5 HF2 & XP11, Ryzen 9 3900XNvidia RTX 2080, 32Gb G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3600Mhz RAMMSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon MoBo, 500Mb Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 2x 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSDCorsair H150I Pro RGB AIO, Cooler Master MB511 RGB Case, Corsair RM850X PSUWin 10 Pro 64-bit, Samsung 32" 4K Monitor & Samsung 28" 4K Monitor T-Flight Hotas 4.

11 hours ago, gpf3m said:

Without orbx scenery, and just the default Prepar3d scenery installed, no CTD when changing settings in scenery objects.

It is not ORBX but demanding scenery in general. I observe CTD occasionally when I change autogen, scenery, and loadings distance all at once. When I change one after the other it does not happen. I've been told it is kinda protection from buffer overflow. But I'm not sure and others may know more about it.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

1 hour ago, Nemo said:

It is not ORBX but demanding scenery in general. I observe CTD occasionally when I change autogen, scenery, and loadings distance all at once. When I change one after the other it does not happen. I've been told it is kinda protection from buffer overflow. But I'm not sure and others may know more about it.

Interesting.  I get CTD when changing just one slider in scenery.  I can change autogen building density only from, as an example, dense to medium and I get the CTD.

Edited by gpf3m

1 minute ago, simbol said:

This is an indication an object in the scenery is causing the crash.

S.

As I suspected, an Orbx issue.

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issue on my devel system. When ORBX (Global, Vector, Pacific NW & neighbors) is enabled, just opening the scenery library dialog and pressing "OK" will crash the sim after it has recompiled the scenery indexes. I can be anywhere on the globe (my usual base is LIEO), it will always CDT. With ORBX sceneries disabled, everything is fine.

Curiously, it doesn't crash in a second Win10/P3D environment on the same computer (using a different drive). Which seems illogical, my devel system is almost bare bones, the other sim is loaded with addons. That tells me that it is not a cross-compatibility issue, it is in ORBX sceneries themselves somewhere.

But since I always do full reinstalls on the devel system, I suppose that it will go away next time I update the sim.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hi, the same issue in KSAN and KSQL without an additional airport scenery; installed Orbx openCL NA, Orbx NA SCA and NCA. Please, is there someone with new knowledge?

Peter