Sign in to follow this  
rikypara

Advice on improving perf

Hi Nico,

I'd like to ask a quick opinion. I'm currently using FSX and my PC is in the middle range performances. While it's pretty much fluid especially shortly before touchdowns slightly reduces my performance. I currently use autopilot on for your program, and 20 updates per second. Is there any other feature I can set in order to save a bit?

Best

I loaded up PSX for the first time today. Paid for my live traffic subscription as well. I like this better then the invasiveness of UTLlive. Everything worked great but I too noticed a decent performance hit that I hadn’t fully expected. I sit on the runway at KAPA at 50 FPS and drop to 39-40 with PSX on.  KDEN is about 25 NM north so I had about 40 live planes and 2 parked at KAPA so I know it’s a little dense but I thought the performance was negligible (4-5 at most) bc the AI isn’t actually using sim resources for movement. 

Any performance tips would be great! 

One thing I would check is resource use by PSXseecontraffic, and RealTraffic. Open Task Manager to see what CPU usage is for each. In my experience they both use negligeable CPU, like .1% - 2% or 3%, so I'm guessing the performance hit you're seeing is simply the aircraft models being rendered by P3D.

What AI models are you using? I've had very good luck with AIG OCI, which also installs flight plan .bgl's, but I have my aircraft traffic settings in P3D set to 0% so P3D doesn't use those .bgl's to move traffic around. FLAI is another set of AI that's pretty efficient, and also includes some GA models.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Yes, somiller is right. A performance degradation is caused by using not very efficient AI liveries.

Also not completely correct installed liveries (missing parts, double keys and so on) can cause problems with performance. In P3D there is a tool to find these wrong liveries, see the FAQ, don't know if FSX has that too.

Try FLAi first I'd say to see if you notice a difference.

And indeed, set your traffic slider to 0% as indicated in the PSXT Manual.

@TravelRunner404

39-40 fps is not a very bad score at all in my opinion, for where you were with that Traffic...

Edited by kiek