Sign in to follow this  
pgde

Flightbeam KDEN New Update

Looks like it will be released in a week or so. See here. Scroll all the way to the last post.

Have a good Memorial Day!

• Upvote 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Nothing in there says it’ll be released in a week or so.

• Upvote 3

As a bit of an aside, does anyone know if they announced that they will be updating terminal 1 at KSFO?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

On 5/23/2019 at 6:11 PM, Kevin_28 said:

As a bit of an aside, does anyone know if they announced that they will be updating terminal 1 at KSFO?

When construction is finished.

Downloaded and installed as instructed. So far no problems, good fps.

Jac 

PC Specs: 

/MoBo: Asus Rampage V Extreme/CPU: Intel ®  Core i7 5930k @ 3.5 Ghz OC 4.2 Ghz/CPU Cooling: Hydro series H100i / RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400MHz/ SSD: 4x Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512 GB/SSD: 1x Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB M.2 /PSU: Corsair RM  850

/GPU: NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti OC 11 GB (Asus ROG STRIX Gaming) /Monitor:  Asus ROG 348Q Res, 3440x1440 / OC 100 Hz /OS: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit - Version Build 19041 

FlightSim: P3Dv5 HF2 & MSFS 2020 Hardware: Yoko Yoke+ ; Yoke TQ6+ 

The main improvement is the addition of SODE jetways.

Download and install seems to have gone okay but FTX Gobal Texture download over my 300 Mb/s connection is running only 0.6 Mb/s LOL.  Warm up coffee.. pet dog... verify the add-on.xml... we'll get there.

Dan Downs KCRP

I just grabbed the FTX Global textures via Flightbeam Manager using the Germany 1 server and it was downloaded and installed within 60 seconds. It must have been one of those weird one-off connections for you Dan.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

2 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

It must have been one of those weird one-off connections for you Dan.

Or the US server was a little jammed but you could be right Dave.

I have ran into a problem.  Anyone having problems with GSX??

New release from Flightbeam includes SODE jetways.  I have all Flightbeam locations and GSX works as expected with those but this new KDEN is not working.  GSX does not recognize the SODE jetways, they work as expected from the SODE hot key but GSX indicates no gate available.  The gate names in the SODE xml file look good to me, they follow the same convention as the other Flightbeam locations where GSX does recognize SODE.  I verified the xml file is a UTF-8 encoded file.

Unable to use gate customizations with this location.  On selecting ground mounted safedock and entering the visual customization mode the only markings appearing are the parking stop point.  The parking center line and the parking system lines are missing, the safedock itself is missing, and one may slew objects but they are invisible. In particular the parking system surface line, vertical line and 'Parking System' label are invisible until slewed and then they appear but the safedock object itself remains invisible, and never appears after exiting the customization.  Weird.  I know GSX L2 on my system is working and this is a Flightbeam issue but what could possible give these symptoms with GSX?

I have tried this with different parking systems, parking locations and with and without the kden_flightbeam.ini file they provide.  I've started couatl and rebuilt cache numerous times.

Any clues are welcome.

Dan Downs KCRP

29 minutes ago, downscc said:

New release from Flightbeam includes SODE jetways.  I have all Flightbeam locations and GSX works as expected with those but this new KDEN is not working.  GSX does not recognize the SODE jetways, they work as expected from the SODE hot key but GSX indicates no gate available.  The gate names in the SODE xml file look good to me, they follow the same convention as the other Flightbeam locations where GSX does recognize SODE.  I verified the xml file is a UTF-8 encoded file.

Dan - I just tested the FSL A-319 at B15 and B28 with new version and docking worked perfectly through the FSL automatic docking which uses GSX and I also was able to dock through the GSX menu.  Any duplicate or custom GSX SODE files for KDEN?  

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

24 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

Dan - I just tested the FSL A-319 at B15 and B28 with new version and docking worked perfectly through the FSL automatic docking which uses GSX and I also was able to dock through the GSX menu.  Any duplicate or custom GSX SODE files for KDEN?  

Thanks for checking Eric.

I solved my problem with GSX at KDENv3, and it was neither GSX nor Flightbeam but rather a problem with Orbx Vector AEC.  In a test I turned off the sim.cfg for SODE at KDEN and loaded my test (PMDG B737 Gate C 32) and noted the big X marks where the simobjects were missing but that the GSX Customize Parking still had same symptoms.  And then I panned and zoomed to a view that afforded a look at the tell-tale cliffs at airport boundary and I looked up and saw all the missing graphics and safedock objects up in the sky.  I got a chuckle out of that, I usually spot the AEC problem right away but this time I took a very long and circuitous route.

Setting up an AEC exception for KDEN solved the problem and all is as it should be.  Next time I'll look up first.

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP