Sign in to follow this  
Guest JSPuonti

New Pics of enhanced Flight Planner

Hi all,Tdragger has posted a couple of shots of the FSX Flight Planner, showing both user defined waypoints and weather reports at each airport:http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?...16f1df52d02205fHope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi,Those are interesting images on the other site.Let me now stick my 2c's worth in.If when adding waypoints you were shown the ground elevation as well you could plot a non-pressurised flight through mountainous areas.Andy.

I wonder if during a flight it will be possible to open the map view and flight planner view without pausing the sim? I think it would be useful.

Regards, Django EGLL.

| BMS | DCS OB | A-10C II | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | FC3 | Persian Gulf | Supercarrier | Tacview | XP11 | FF A320 | FF 757 |

| I7-9700K + NH-D15 | RTX3080Ti 12GB | DDR4-3200 16GB | Aorus Z390 Ultra | 2X Evo 860 1TB | 850W | Torrent Case |

| Warthog HOTAS + CH Pedals | 32" TV 1080p 60Hz | TrackIR5 |

Guest tdragger

How precise do you need it to be? There terrain uses elevation shading already.

ideally within a hundred feet or so.Don't think it would have to be continuous, something like hover over a spot or rightclick and you get displayed information about it would be nice (altitude and coordinates, maybe more).Not sure how much work that would be to implement though, would require the planner to have access to the mesh data ;)

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi there Tdragger,I assumed(!) the flight planner was already tied in with the rest of the sim in relation to the height question; by which I mean that the altimeter tells you how high you are in the plane- so there's a connection there- and the navlog gives you your journey height. But there is no way of telling the flight planner (is there?) you want to make a flight at no more than 10,000ft in your old DC-3 when flying in mountainous areas and it was that aspect I was thinking about. I know the Sectionals have the safe height marked in each square and it was something along those lines that I have thought was missing from the map in FS9. I have printed out Flights and the Navlog will show you how high to be at a certain point, but that is after the planning, not during it! This opportunity to plot your own set of waypoints is great and with a height notification routes could be plotted through high passes etc etc.I'm sure FSX will be brilliant anyway whatever little(!) extras are not there.Cheers.Andy.ps.I suppose the colouring of the map when zoomed in could give you more idea of heights or even a contour chart like in Atlases. A.