Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

SimWings Heathrow Professional and ORBx TrueEarth GB South P3D v4

I have quite large areas of missing autogen around SimWings Heathrow Professional in combination with ORBx TrueEarth GB South (particularly short of the 27L and 27R approaches, and the south east side of the airport). Has anyone managed to work out which autogen files need to be transferred across from the ORBx folders to the Heathrow Professional folder? That missing autogen is driving me nuts when I am on final approach to runway 27R.... :angry:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Chris I don't have the Simwings scenery as you know... if it's an autogen suppression problem it could be either just a layered PR scenery exclusion OR Simwings could have created the scenery with models which suppress autogen. if the latter, if the scenery is one big model, there may not be anything you can do about it.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I have had another look at the area surrounding the airport, and it seems that there is missing autogen to the east and south east, and two areas to the north. However, there does not seem to be any obvious missing autogen to the west or south west. I do not know if that is significant. Whatever the case, I sincerely hope that there is a solution.

On a side note......I would advise users of ORBx TrueEarth GB South not to get "up close and personal" with the photoscenery base. The resolution of those textures is rather less than desirable. Stick to observing the ground from inside the cockpit. After all, ignorance is bliss :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

My understanding was in TE GB south sp1 they included a lot of exclusion files to avoid autogen on airports so maybe there lies your solution....

Edited by awf

André

Well, I decided to try the "brute force and ignorance" approach. I copied all of the autogen files (84808 of them) to the SimWings Heathrow Professional folder. This effectively replaced the SimWings autogen surrounding the airport (536 files were replaced)......and now I have complete autogen all around the airport. Not exactly the most efficient method, but at least it proves that it can be done.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png