Sign in to follow this  
threexgreen

MA RealTurb North America

Just seen this on FSElite and it seems interesting. Any verdicts on the product?

https://fselite.net/news/realturb-north-america-released/

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

It looks interesting but definitely need an actual competent review to pull the trigger. Could easily just be a snake-oil addon that artificially jacks up some turbulence sliders to unrealistic amounts.

• Upvote 3

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I have acquired Realturb oceania but haven't had a chance to fly yet. I'll pop back here to post my thoughts once I've had a chance to fly it.

• Like 2

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I purchased it yesterday and have been trying it out.  I haven't seen much effect yet, but then I don't do a whole lot of mountain flying.

I purchased it but also haven't installed it yet.  I see a lot of very good reviews on SimMarket for the Greek area version.

Interested if the turbulence is always the same around mountainous areas or if it takes the strength/shear of aloft winds interacting with terrain into account. What about mountain wave in the upper flight levels east of the Rockies when the jetstream is strong? Instant buy if this is simulated.

Edited by bbain1187
  • Like 1

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

This is the only review I could find and I'm not sure how reliable it is.

https://flightsimcentral.net/realturb-greek-airports-and-summer-destinations-review/

This link includes a video with RealTurb on and off in the same scenario.

https://flightsimcentral.net/realturb-release-north-america-pack-for-p3d-v4/

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

A2A C182 together with AS4 and EZDOC 3 a good first impression. I did not excpect that. But that was just the first flight from 1S0 to KYKM 05/24 1644Z with this addon. I will do some more flights and report here.
RealTurb does not add any shaking effects but the atmosphere and all effects feel more defined, so far I have no regrets buying this. Second flight will be KYKM to CYCD.

• Like 1

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

no the documentation actually recommends using AS, it is compatible with it. I have not really seen any difference in terms of turbulence so far though...

John

Just now, Skywolf said:

Doesn't Activesky already do this? very confused about this addon.  Maybe it is geared towards people who do not have ActiveSky or other third party weather addons

Asked that very question in the comment section on fselite. Thought Active Sky already injected relevant turbulence based on METAR / terrain;

https://hifisimtech.com/asp4

High-Fidelity Air Effects

Wake Turbulence, Microbursts, Downdrafts, Updrafts, Terrain-influenced Drafts, Thermals and more!

That's why I'm afraid this just turns turbulence up 200%, as it already interacts with Active Sky based on the description, the claims it's realistic. Could easily just shake the plane about unrealistically, make a video of it crabbing and slap a price tag on it.

That's why you need someone with real knowledge of this stuff to give it a look.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Just did a flight from Vail KEGE to KDEN.  Impressed with the effect.  Not a lot of bouncing around, but a definite difference.  Also got a nice downdraft approaching KDEN

Edited by pads103

2 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Doesn't Activesky already do this? very confused about this addon.  Maybe it is geared towards people who do not have ActiveSky or other third party weather addons

That’s what I thought too, I’m almost certain Active Sky creates turbulence based on terrain at low altitudes, I’ve Been knocked around in GA aircraft at low altitudes over the Rockies before.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

General thoughts, i like what the program does but it is quite aggressive. I flew into YMML last night with winds in the 14 Gusting 24 range, straight down RW34, and the turbulence was severe all the way down from about 6000ft. No turbulence mentioned in the METAR or TAF and winds aloft were not particularly high.,

Certainly there are some ActiveSky sliders that can be tweaked here but overall I'm enjoying the challenge!

• Like 3

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg