Sign in to follow this  
threexgreen

MA RealTurb North America

Thank you for the clarification! If I understand correctly, the turbulence and wind effects dynamically generated depending on terrain and wind direction / strength?

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 32 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 2080 TI OS : Win 10 PRO Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, 2x Saitek Radios, 1x Saitek Multipanel, 1x Saitek Proflight Switch, Custom homecockpit.

Yes, all come into play for a dynamic result depending on all analyzed parameters.

This is true both for a lateral and a vertical envelope. 

Regards,

• Like 2

I've just tested two approaches into LDDU with the Aerosoft A320 Pro on 12th March 2019 at 1215Z to try and replicate the conditions as shown in RealTurb's 'Video 2' linked above.

With ActiveSkyP4 on both times, and A2A's Accu-Feel on during my first approach and then off for my second. I feel I was able to replicate about 85-90% of what was shown in the first part of that video, with changing wind speeds and directions, airspeed alerts and sink rate callouts resulting in very unstable approaches.

I'm not going to try to recommend or dissuade anyone from this product. What I would suggest is that anyone wanting to compare should use the same weather conditions in their sim at the time I described earlier to make an informed decision.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 hours ago, RealTurb said:

Yes, all come into play for a dynamic result depending on all analyzed parameters.

Regards,

What about mountain wave? Sometimes depending on the jetstream orientation/strength, mountain wave can be encountered up to 700nm east of the Rockies up at FL300+. It would be awesome if this was simulated.

Ben

• Like 1

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

3 hours ago, RealTurb said:

Regards,

Thank you again! Now this is getting seriously interesting.

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 32 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 2080 TI OS : Win 10 PRO Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, 2x Saitek Radios, 1x Saitek Multipanel, 1x Saitek Proflight Switch, Custom homecockpit.

19 hours ago, F737NG said:

I've just tested two approaches into LDDU with the Aerosoft A320 Pro on 12th March 2019 at 1215Z to try and replicate the conditions as shown in RealTurb's 'Video 2' linked above.

With ActiveSkyP4 on both times, and A2A's Accu-Feel on during my first approach and then off for my second. I feel I was able to replicate about 85-90% of what was shown in the first part of that video, with changing wind speeds and directions, airspeed alerts and sink rate callouts resulting in very unstable approaches.

I'm not going to try to recommend or dissuade anyone from this product. What I would suggest is that anyone wanting to compare should use the same weather conditions in their sim at the time I described earlier to make an informed decision.

We might be wrong here as we don't own this product but from their documentation it feels like turbulence is linked to different wind values/gusts. RealTurb is a completely different concept linking wind to terrain and turbulence. For example on a very windy day with wind coming from the sea you won't get much of turbulence and the rest of the effects and you might get more effects on a less windy day but with terrain involved. 

19 hours ago, bbain1187 said:

What about mountain wave? Sometimes depending on the jetstream orientation/strength, mountain wave can be encountered up to 700nm east of the Rockies up at FL300+. It would be awesome if this was simulated.

Ben

This is more linked to high alt turbulence and CAT areas. At the moment RealTurb doesn't simulate high alt CAT areas. 

Regards,

• Like 1

I own "Summer Destinations" already and my first approach into LEMG was pretty interesting, i really like the extra layer of weather fidelity RealTurb adds. Cant wait for my first approach into LXGB, gonna be fun!

23 hours ago, RealTurb said:

First of all, RealTurb is not only about turbulence. If it was only about turbulence it would have been much easier to do a global version in the first place. It will also add realistic speed fluctuations, wind shiftings and wind shears! Wind shiftings and windshears are all done by hand in order to achieve a more realistic result (depending also on the area/terrain/distance to terrain/wind direction vs direction to terrain etc) and considering that most of the speed fluctuations come from the wind shiftings due to terrain, indirectly, speed fluctuations are also done by hand.

Given that the recent release includes an entire continent, compared to just a few selected airfields in the first few packs, can we expect the same level of detail and handcrafting for the NA pack? 

Does this addon on work in mountain areas or everywhere over NA? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

3 hours ago, Woozie said:

I own "Summer Destinations" already and my first approach into LEMG was pretty interesting, i really like the extra layer of weather fidelity RealTurb adds. Cant wait for my first approach into LXGB, gonna be fun!

Given that the recent release includes an entire continent, compared to just a few selected airfields in the first few packs, can we expect the same level of detail and handcrafting for the NA pack? 

Yes, the analysis used for the continents packages is even more accurate compared to the first 2 packages (ie. RealTurb Greek Airports and RealTurb Summer Destinations). In the last update, Greek Airports and Summer Destinations were also updated to the latest logic carried by the continents packages. 

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Does this addon on work in mountain areas or everywhere over NA? 

There is terrain analysis everywhere within the coverage area (eg. over all NA) however you get the effects where conditions are appropriate with dynamic effects in vertical/lateral envelope depending on the other parameters. For example you shouldn't expect turbulence over sea or completely flat land.

Regards,

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RealTurb said:

In the last update, Greek Airports and Summer Destinations were also updated to the latest logic carried by the continents packages. 

Thanks for your response, the NA package is on my must-buy-list now. Are the upcoming packs all going to be large regions, rather than airport collections? And when can we expect Europe to be fully covered? 😉

Oh, and i guess i should check my simmarket update notifications more often, wasnt even aware of the summer destination update. Perfect timing as i'm going for LDDU today

Does anyone use this with FSlabs?  I ask because their Active Sky recommended settings are pretty specific and outside of that makes the plane do some strange things.  I would wonder if adding this affects Fslabs.

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

35 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Does anyone use this with FSlabs?  I ask because their Active Sky recommended settings are pretty specific and outside of that makes the plane do some strange things.  I would wonder if adding this affects Fslabs.

Good question

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

1 hour ago, Zimmerbz said:

I do, no issues so far. Some beta testers over at the FSLabs forum use it too and its even featured in RealTurbs demonstration videos.

On 5/28/2019 at 9:58 AM, ZKOKQ said:

Have not regretted my purchase one bit.

I have the Greek Islands and Europe summer destinations.  They are brilliant tonights approach into Lddu was fab with it as was lepa the other night. 

I like them. 

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png