Sign in to follow this  
threexgreen

MA RealTurb North America

On 6/1/2019 at 10:27 PM, Sethos1988 said:

Will you be providing suggested routes we can test out in the upcoming demo, for us who know little to nothing about the region, airports and areas to try? Also so we can also test it out before and after RealTurb.

It's easy to test, you don't have to fly a specific approach or to a specific area/airport. The concept is wind and terrain, you can set up some wind and try flying upwind of the terrain (where little or no effects are expected) or downwind of the terrain (where most effects are expected), being an approach of just flying around. It's not random effects, so you can guess where they should be found based on where wind is blowing and if there is terrain on that path.

Regards,

• Like 1

RealTurb FREE version released, with not only the continent of Antarctica but also with the continent of Africa, which made it on time for this release!

You can find more information at www.facebook.com/RealTurb

Enjoy,

Regards,

Edited by RealTurb
Typo
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I'd be interested to try this out but I checked your Facebook page and couldn't see any details. The last post was for the North America release.

Cheers,

Steve

Steve Weeks

Go to SimMarket and search for RealTurb - you will find the two free continents Antarctica and Africa.

1 hour ago, RealTurb said:

RealTurb FREE version released, with not only the continent of Antarctica but also with the continent of Africa, which made it on time for this release!

You can find more information at www.facebook.com/RealTurb

Enjoy,

Regards,

Thank you.

Europe next?

Best regards.

1 hour ago, weeksy said:

I'd be interested to try this out but I checked your Facebook page and couldn't see any details. The last post was for the North America release.

Cheers,

Steve

Try refreshing the page? It should be there and pinned on top.

In any case if anyone else has problems viewing the facebook post here is the simmarket link you can download for free:

https://secure.simmarket.com/m.-a.-realturb-realturb-africa-and-antarctica-p3dv4.phtml

32 minutes ago, Wolf0 said:

Thank you.

Europe next?

Best regards.

South America and then Europe.

Regards,

• Like 1

Hi guys!

I've asked in the HIFIsim forum if Active Sky has the same features of RealTurb, first of all turbulence and wind shifting related to the terrain.

The answer I've received is this: "Active Sky products should not be run with other weather related addons. Our products already have realistic turbulence, wind shifting and wind shear effects based on weather conditions and terrain."

I have to admit that I'm a little confused 😐 because if you tell us that HiFisim gave you some help to work on your product, why should they answer in this way ? It's not politically correct imho.

Anyway I'll try the demo of RealTurb, and I'll judge by myself.

Bye, Max

• Like 1

Massimo Solimbergo | MY PC =  MoBo: Asus ROG Strix Z390-H CPU: Intel I7-9700K + Noctua NH-D15 RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2400Mhz CL15 GPU: GTX1080 SSD: Samsung 970EVO+ 1TB + 970PRO 512 GB + 840 PRO 512GB OS: Win11 Pro 64 Monitor: Samsung SJ55W PERIF: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog + TPR SIM:  MSFS + P3D v5.3  WX: ASP4+ASCA+TOGA EnvText+REX EF Planes: FSLabs A320 | PMDG 777-737-747 Sceneries: ORBX | FlightBeam | FSDreamteam | Simwings | Aerosoft | FlyTampa | 29Palms | UK2000 Utilities: Navigraph FMS+Charts Subscription  VA: UKvirtual (www.ukvirtual.co.uk) Online Flying Network: VATSIM with VPilot

7 hours ago, A320wolf said:

Hi guys!

I've asked in the HIFIsim forum if Active Sky has the same features of RealTurb, first of all turbulence and wind shifting related to the terrain.

The answer I've received is this: "Active Sky products should not be run with other weather related addons. Our products already have realistic turbulence, wind shifting and wind shear effects based on weather conditions and terrain."

I have to admit that I'm a little confused 😐 because if you tell us that HiFisim gave you some help to work on your product, why should they answer in this way ? It's not politically correct imho.

Anyway I'll try the demo of RealTurb, and I'll judge by myself.

Bye, Max

That's a weird answer indeed. Can @RealTurb help us understand what this means?

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Hi All!

Activesky really generates all the necessary information about weather, turbulence and wind shear in the location where it should be. This is real weather data! We in EZCA3 obtained these data directly from ActiveSky and do our turbulence.

I don't know how the theoretical information about the turbulence can be more accurately real data from ActiveSky.

But I have not tried RealTurb and I can be wrong in my conclusions.

• Like 2

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

Misunderstanding solved over at HiFi forums. :)

Here is the link:

https://hifisimtech.com/forums/showthread.php?10716-RealTurb-add-on&highlight=realturb

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Interesting the RT developer is a real A30 pilot. And after reading that post at HiFi, I know I won't regret my purchase of the RealTurb line of products

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

10 hours ago, Nickbe said:

But I have not tried RealTurb

You should. EZY V3 works great with it.

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

9 hours ago, Daedalus said:

Misunderstanding solved over at HiFi forums. 🙂

Here is the link:

https://hifisimtech.com/forums/showthread.php?10716-RealTurb-add-on&highlight=realturb

if I may my friend quote the answer from Mr Kostas Terzides (AS dev) here for those who are not registered on the ActiveSky forums :

Dave is correct that ActiveSky is not supposed to work with other weather addons in general, but RealTurb is a different case (Dave may not be 100% uptodate on this specific addon as it's relatively new and I didn't have the time to update him).

I worked together with RealTurb developer to make sure integration is the best one possible. The 2 products are not conflicting, but are more or less complimentary. ActiveSky does provide wind shear/turblence/microburst etc effects on its own, but these are generated globally and dynamically based on the current weather conditions and terrain. Since terrain detail in several cases may not be have the detail needed, since AS16, we have exposed an API to let users create customized and localized effects (All this is part of ActiveSky documentation).
The developer of RealTurb (who is a real A320 captain) was one of the first trying to take advantage of this functionality and after a long time of hard work this ended up taking the form of RealTurb.

I need to clarify that none of these products requires the other to function properly (and there is certainly no business affiliation, nor do we provide any kind of support for RealTurb). Having said that, RealTurb (wherever applicable) does enhance ActiveSky effects nicely and makes them more realistic, while on the other hand RealTurb works best when taking advantage of ActiveSky's direct wind/effect control.

Edited by TopGun33
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

Hi @RealTurb

Is the software take in account winds effect like fore example at LXGB ? See the chart 

Screenshot+2019-02-25+at+15.25.32.png?fo

Roi Ben