Sign in to follow this  
threexgreen

MA RealTurb North America

I am amazed at the accuracy of activesky I fly offline and have AI around me, listening to liveatc stations, and so many times I hear real aircraft reporting turbulence at certain altitudes and activesky is actually also giving me turbulence? Maybe this addon is more to on arrivals and approaches and I do appreciate developers adding more to our sim. I guess I have to just try it myself first before commenting more, but activesky I find has done such a great job in my sim experience.

I've come back to the flight sim world after a year long absence and boy did I miss it. This realturb product is very interesting and sounds like a great addition. Possibly a silly question but will realturb work with majestic dash 8??? 

6 minutes ago, branks737 said:

I've come back to the flight sim world after a year long absence and boy did I miss it. This realturb product is very interesting and sounds like a great addition. Possibly a silly question but will realturb work with majestic dash 8??? 

Yes, have tested it. Have a few sick bags handy though

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Does RealTurb need to be installed in the same machine as P3D or can it be installed on a networked machine? Does it influence fps some way?

• Like 1

James Goggi

22 minutes ago, jgoggi said:

Does RealTurb need to be installed in the same machine as P3D or can it be installed on a networked machine? Does it influence fps some way?

It is only a DLL. That's it. It installs the XML method. No FPS hit, it does nothing graphically, except make you vomit under certain conditions.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Get it, in hot and humid conditions it really comes to play.  as mentioned a few days ago i did an approach into GCTS with it and its was brillant..  sickbags and alot of swearing from the flightdeck.  

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

On 7/18/2019 at 8:34 PM, ZKOKQ said:

Yes, have tested it. Have a few sick bags handy though

Out of curiosity,  do you have DHM setting to 0 and Extended Turbulence Module turned off in EZCA3? I think that its recommended by developer.

Certainly in VR I find you need the sickbags handy, although that is not a fault of the program, but it can really upset the inner balance mechanism. It works very well - I’m surprised that such a small program can be so area specific? I guess it’s just simple physics, though...

I found that it was easy to deactivate on-the-fly by unticking the box in the add-ons menu - maybe the option of using a keystroke to toggle on and off might be useful?

• Upvote 1

What is the correct way to VERIFY that RealTurb is indeed installed in P3d?

Stan

1 hour ago, spilok said:

What is the correct way to VERIFY that RealTurb is indeed installed in P3d?

On 7/21/2019 at 1:15 PM, Britjet said:

the box in the add-ons menu

This just above your post I think?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

On 7/20/2019 at 2:54 AM, branks737 said:

Out of curiosity,  do you have DHM setting to 0 and Extended Turbulence Module turned off in EZCA3? I think that its recommended by developer.

Surely if you disable those effects in EZCA, you lose all the CAT effects and the G effects on the head. 

Just out of interest, where did you read this. I can’t did a dedicated RealTurb forums, but would like more info about how to use this product (unless there was a readme I missed after installing)

beta.gif

Email from Developer...

Hi,

Unfortunately I do not use EZCA 3 so I am not familiar with the settings, however reading a bit about it, it says that DHM is based on actual acceleration/turbulence etc however due to sim limitations is very limited/simplified. This leaves it very open to the user - I would say just try it and see how it feels/looks - it's a matter of taste at the end of the day. RealTurb will add the actual turbulence EZCA will shake the camera, it's two different things so I suggest you try it out and see what you like. 

Regards,

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

5 hours ago, threegreen said:

This just above your post I think?

My addon menu in the sim does not show RealTurb.

On 7/20/2019 at 1:54 PM, branks737 said:

No, I touch nothing, and works fine.