Sign in to follow this  
Dane Watson

P3Dv4.5 Airport Data Missing or Old

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

For regional runway numbers and ILS data updates.. go here.. https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

..and it is FREE :smile:

I ran that update ILS tool from Herve and can attest it works well.  Almost too well for if you have a few airports that you have already corrected the navaids with ADE as I now one must go back through those and add exclusion rectangles  to get rid of the double GS and LOC facilities.  It's easy and doesn't take long but it was an unexpected chore.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 5/24/2019 at 3:33 PM, mcx1000 said:

SimAddons has an excellent YYC.

What is YYC?  Simaddons sells Canadian scenery.  However I did not see  YYC on their site.  Is this still available?  Does anyone have a link?

Edited by tjstreak

9 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

For regional runway numbers and ILS data updates.. go here.. https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

..and it is FREE :smile:

Thanks Bert - will do that

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

4 hours ago, tjstreak said:

What is YYC?  Simaddons sells Canadian scenery.  However I did not see  YYC on their site.  Is this still available?  Does anyone have a link?

Hi Thomas,

It's at simMarket, haven't got it yet but seriously considering it:

https://secure.simmarket.com/fsimstudios-calgary-international-airport-cyyc-fsx-p3d.phtml

Hope this helps,

Gerald

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

9 hours ago, gsand said:

It's at simMarket, haven't got it yet but seriously considering it:

I just added MMUN Cancun from FSimStudios and am pretty happy with it.  I wouldn't hesitate to buy any other of their products.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks Dan, I pulled the trigger this morning and real happy with it so far, love having 35R finally and performance is good. My first purchase from FSimStudios and will definitely be looking at more of their stuff.

However, I have to say that, as usual anymore for paid airports, the ADEP file is a mess. Parking spots and taxi lines not aligned with the scenery display, generally a lack of parking on the entire south end where most all the GA parks and, my biggest pet peeve, no network for ground traffic. They are everywhere, even on the runways at times. I understand it's a huge airport but a paid field should not have ground traffic on runways/taxiways.

Rant off, sorry for hijacking the thread. It really is a fine piece of work and I can recommend it.

Best,

Gerald

Edited by gsand

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

18 hours ago, gsand said:

However, I have to say that, as usual anymore for paid airports, the ADEP file is a mess. Parking spots and taxi lines not aligned with the scenery display, generally a lack of parking on the entire south end where most all the GA parks and, my biggest pet peeve, no network for ground traffic. They are everywhere, even on the runways at times. I understand it's a huge airport but a paid field should not have ground traffic on runways/taxiways.

Fully agree; however, most developers are only interested in the AF file to ensure AI works at their airport, as if they are making an addon for a game instead of a serious flight simulator.  I call them out all the time for using default navaids instead of doing the homework and placing the DME where it belongs (as an example).

I've seen major developers such as FlyTampa completely miss the mark with it comes to aligning the apron and parking paths with the surface textures they have created.  I don't get it.

Dan Downs KCRP